Led gu10

zad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello,

it's that time of year again when its darker and darker and I try and save as much money as possible :) so LED Bulbs.

Looking on Aliexpress and come across the following, but not sure which would be best to buy so if any one has experience please give us the pro's n cons of warm white , cool white etc.

10pcs/lot Gu10 220V LED Bulb Lamp SMD5050/ SMD2835 Warm/COOL White LED Lamp Spotlight 4w/5w/6w/7wfree shipping-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Only thing that worries me is the plastic outer is that safe?

10pcs GU10 LED 220V Warm white Cold white 3528SMD 60 LED 72 LED 80 LED Spot Light LED Bulb Lamp Energy Saving 3W 3.5W 4W-in LED Bulbs & Tubes from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

These look more traditional with the glass? body.

so is the 5050smd better than the 3528 or does that not matter?

Its to replace 6 in the kitchen and 4 in the lads room, he tends to use his lamps more so was unsure if cool would be better in his room.

Cheers.

IMAG0098.jpgIMAG0100.jpgpersonally I used warm white I would not use cool white in the kitchen or bedroom but I think there ok in bathrooms. I use homebase ones in the lounge and they are very bright.

I'm sticking with local sources for the moment but plastic shouldn't be a problem as they don't run that hot.

Warm white is closest to standard halogen, cool white can look a bit clinical.

You don't want to feel my LED bike light then, that must get close to halogen temps.
It is a CREE XML-T though.

Screwfix were offering 10 pack 5w non dimmable GI10 led last week for £19.99, though I cant see it on their website at the moment

I'm sticking with local sources for the moment but plastic shouldn't be a problem as they don't run that hot.

Warm white is closest to standard halogen, cool white can look a bit clinical.

Why local source they probably came from China anyhow lol.

Screwfix were offering 10 pack 5w non dimmable GI10 led last week for £19.99, though I cant see it on their website at the moment

:( will keep mooching I don't need them to be dimmable might just bite the bullet and go with the 10 pack.

Why local source they probably came from China anyhow lol

Because the local supplier(s) I would use do their own quality checking, offer easy-access warranty and have experience importing from China! :)

Go for Cree smd's, little bit expensive but you'ill be surprised.

Because the local supplier(s) I would use do their own quality checking, offer easy-access warranty and have experience importing from China! :)

Very good points. Support local suppliers, they can advise on suitable wattages etc. (3w for examole isn't gonna give much light), it also means you have somewhere to return it to if you're not happy. And you can't beat paying the money & walking out with it in your hands.

What is your experience with LED bulbs HH? I can't help feeling we are being led (pun not tintended) up a poorly lit garden path- a bit like the old CFL con- "They'll last 10X longer than incandescents & save fortunes". They don't. I've already seen several LED bulb failures, and then there are the drivers, I can't see those lasting the 10,000+ hours claimed.....

home bargains sell g10 5watt = 50watt for £2.99,ihave had the cool white in for about nine months no failures,in all ihave about 40 of them in use

I wouldnt use anything but LED anymore.
1...they are about 1/10th of the price to run
2...they dont get even near the temp of halogen

Find a decent supplier and you will be fine. I bought my lot from ebay 3 years ago. I got 23 of them and non has failed so far, not even a flicker.
Leccy bill was around 130-150 quid a month during the winter times.
Now its 25-35 a month.

Crikey! Were you using the halogens to heat the house???

seriously mate.
to be honest i actually had no idea it was the lights. Think there is a thread in general chat from years back me asking why leccy bill would be so high and someone asked about what lights i use and thats when i clocked on.
i just didnt do the bedrooms they were left on halogen but only last week i switched those over as well.

As above - reputable supplier and all is good. Now getting BC and ES 'normal' lamps in LED too.

In the last two years I've been recommending and fitting not a single failure. Prior to that was a bit iffy though :)

As above - reputable supplier and all is good. Now getting BC and ES 'normal' lamps in LED too.

In the last two years I've been recommending and fitting not a single failure. Prior to that was a bit iffy though :)

Good to know they're coming of age so to speak, CFL's are still sh*te, I never liked 'em :Chainsaw:

So, the gu10's I got are fine in the kitchen work a treat n all that so thought I know i'll buy loads of G4 LED to replace the living room and stairs ones :) easy peasy NOT!!!!

Help please

the wall fittings are 2 x G4 Halogen I can replace one and most of the LED lights up, take the other halogen out and replace then it just blinks once then nothing :(

What do I have to do now this is spossed to save me bloody money!!

So, the gu10's I got are fine in the kitchen work a treat n all that so thought I know i'll buy loads of G4 LED to replace the living room and stairs ones :) easy peasy NOT!!!!

Help please

the wall fittings are 2 x G4 Halogen I can replace one and most of the LED lights up, take the other halogen out and replace then it just blinks once then nothing :(

What do I have to do now this is spossed to save me bloody money!!

It sounds like the old transformers (or drivers as they call them now) will only work under a heavier load. Don't worry, they're not dear!

Back