Led gu10

Weird the lights are only about 12 months old I would have thought the transformer would have been good to go :(

The fitting would have been 'made to a price' (like everything else these days) they wouldn't waste money making it future-proof.

They should do... none available from local suppliers?

sorry to hijack this thread...but in my kitchen i have 3 bars each with 4 gu10 50watt bulbs, always on, bloody kids leaving them on ...so can i just simply replace them with these gu20 led bulbs or do i need a transformer in each light fitting...prefer normal light ?,,

sorry to hijack this thread...but in my kitchen i have 3 bars each with 4 gu10 50watt bulbs, always on, bloody kids leaving them on ...so can i just simply replace them with these gu20 led bulbs or do i need a transformer in each light fitting...prefer normal light ?,,

It just depends on the existing transformer. Some will work happily on lower wattages, many don't. (Try & see, you won't kill anything). If you have a void above the ceiling (or another convenient hidey-hole) you could get away with one transformer to serve the lot rather than have separate ones for each fitting.

If they are GU10's then you shouldn't need / have a transformer in there? I know mine didn't and work fine I got 4 6 10 X SMD Lamps LED Bulbs Spot Lights GU10 Day Warm White Lamps High Power UK | eBay

Little bit weird the light (first time I have used LED) but you soon get used to it :D I got the metal cased ones btw.

The fitting would have been 'made to a price' (like everything else these days) they wouldn't waste money making it future-proof.

They should do... none available from local suppliers?

Not sure I tend to do all my shopping on line only local one to me is CEF or screwfix

Like for like swap, no transformers required. Go for warm-white LED GU10 equivalent.

Back