GU10 LED Replacement Bulbs ?

Glad you have found some as well, this is a selection that I've come across over the last day and see that there's a few, Interesting read on the new type ones though as you have posted Exos.

As you can see there's a few smd ones as well, I'll let you know how I get on with the top left hand side ones, 3W normal ones as to speak.

KGrHqJHJC4E7zDosBgVBP-4klY960_3.jpg

some nerd in maplin flogged me some 3 watt LEDs and told me thay was as bright as halogens !
At 7.99 each i thought lets do it , so i bought 6 of them and fit them in my kitchen lights.

Good job we have a torch in the house , because with the kitchen lights on , the torch was brighter lol ! feckin maplin !! tossers !

N21HT.jpg

Last edited:
....please don't get me started on "maplin" mate....I have a story or 9 that I could tell you about.....oh and where you get your £5.00 smd's from?

Your worse than me, have a story for every scenario lol

I use Maplins now and then, but I'm sick of telling them they already send me their junk mail ten times over.

I know, I was just thinking that yesterday! ha! and note to maplin (If you ever read this!) I'll never be shopping in your stores ever again!! God, I'm feeling my self getting all pent up and that thinking of the past experiences! I cringe when I here the word actually!

....please don't get me started on "maplin" mate....I have a story or 9 that I could tell you about.....oh and where you get your £5.00 smd's from?

Ebay sell the ones i want , the feedback say they are the brightest they have tried yet , so im hoping on these lol

I'll see how I get on with out the SMD one's, Thanks for all the input. Appreciated.

UPDATE ... my order of 10 LED smd GU10 for 59 quid came today ..
they are the BEST i have tried by far , they may even be slightly brighter than my halogen ones that was in there .
EXCELLENT product . well happy.
To sum it up .. if you want replacement LED for your expensive halogens get the SMD(yellow pad like chips) type LEDS. The more yellows chips on the bulb the brighter it will be ...
Mine have 60 seperate chips on (smd pads)

Nice one, I have a feeling I'll be going down that route then, I as you know have a G9 ordered SMD but normal LED GU10's for the bedroom light, they haven't come yet so I'll report back with the findings. tik...tok....tik....tok

Although NOT GU10 there are some E14 base (also E27) "corn cob" led lights (normally with 108 leds but I've seen them with over 120 leds) I bought two recently rated at 5W and daylight white and they give off a lot of light. Being "corn cob" shaped the light is emitted through the full 360 degrees. The reason I mention these as there are all sorts of adaptors to convert from one base type to another I have just got two BC to GU10 adaptors for £1 each.

Hello guys, back, right note to self make sure you buy "SMD"'s they are mint, I've just replaced the 3 LED's with 3 new SMD's and Jesus, I can't see now as looked into one of them and I think I've burned the back of my retina out, ! ha! any way, bit of a weird one, when the switch is off there lit very, very dimly, what's all that about? is it just the juice that's left in them or is it wiring/bad earth to the light it's self?

Here you go, pitch black darkness and there all lit up...(you'll see em if you click the image)

IMG_0308.jpg

Last edited:
That's the joys of smd's dibbers. I put some in my old car and had to fit resistors before the bulb to get it to go off fully

Sent from my iPhone using fingers n thumbs

What so there on when there off, if you get me? NO ONE TOLD ME THAT! lol!

I'll have a go at sleeping with them when there "off/on" and see what it's like, how ever it's that pitch black in the room you could change a film real at noon in there! (I like it like that, Dracula would be proud of me!) they stand out a little like when it's that dark, and when I'm accustomed to them then god only knows, I suppose to knock me off to sleep I could try counting them or maybe I'll just pretend that they are the planets circling each other.

Man they are some bright kick ass SMD's them, think there only like 4 watt or some thing, I can't see, stepped off the bed into a pile of washing and nearly knocked me TV off the stand after looking into the lens of one of them for just under 0.000000003 seconds, I can't see any thing other than flashing lights and dots in front of my face at the minute!

and for the fun of it I posted this in some other thread when talking about these...

Right I'll go and eye bath my eyes with some saline solution and see if that will bring the colour back into my life, it's all monochrome at the minute and if I blink fast enough and then look at the wall I'm sure I can see Jesus!

bit of a laugh I dare say! lol..!

Last edited:
Are these the correct ones for a kitchen and bathroom, the quote is for an ebay pack of five 48 SMD warm white variety? I was thinking of buying two lots, cos we need nine in total. We have three GU10 in bathroom and two x three GU10 in kitchen and I don't want to buy them all and find they're no use. Lidl are selling some LED ones next week, but after reading the later posts in this thread it looks like SMD is the way to go.

Item number: 330653582386

SMD's mate all the way, forget about any other LED's than them, they simply are amazing for what they are, if you go back through the post you'll see that I bought some LED's and there weird and dull and bright at the same time, it's almost like that scene from the "american wear wolf in London" when there on the moors, same type of lighting from the LED's, (poor lighting but great film!)

just grab your self some SMD/LED's and you won't be disappointed, HOWEVER DO NOT look into the light, lol....I've burned the back of my retinas. And also as I've just found out be prepaired for them to shine in the night, not that much like but just to let you know.!

This is what you want mate.

Mine were £4.29 each.

Gu10-SMD-LED-Bulb-With-60LED.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers for info Dibbers, being the untrusting cynic that I am I researched further cos the ebay item num although says 5x twice, it says lamp, not lamps. I was worried that they were having one over on the amount as 17.99 doesn't seem out of the norm considering some of the frightful prices being charged across the 'net. £4.29 each is not a bad price, could you let me know where from please, PM is fine if you can't post the direct link here, ta. I've also seen a 10 pack on ebay for £36.59 and I got to choose the amount myself so no ambiguity over the number of items, lol.
Item number: 330642909454

I'll hold off over the weekend whilst the missus and I mull it over, although not for too long. Dunno about anyone else, but my missus and daughter seem to only leave the GU10s on when they leave the room and yet the rest of the house is fitted with energy saving ones. I look forward to the projected savings in electric these bring. And bringing to my attention not to look in to the light will only spur me on to give it a go, I'll try to squint though.

Hello guys, back, right note to self make sure you buy "SMD"'s they are mint, I've just replaced the 3 LED's with 3 new SMD's and Jesus, I can't see now as looked into one of them and I think I've burned the back of my retina out, ! ha! any way, bit of a weird one, when the switch is off there lit very, very dimly, what's all that about? is it just the juice that's left in them or is it wiring/bad earth to the light it's self?

Here you go, pitch black darkness and there all lit up...(you'll see em if you click the image)

View attachment 63388

They don't seem that bright? It's dark........

EDIT: I should learn to read BEFORE i post, not after clearly...

Ha no worries man, you won't be disappointed, why not just grab your self a couple and see how you like them but for the energy saving and the light that they give off they win hands down.

I was a little "£4.29" mmmmmm, I'll wait and see, but honest they really are great, how ever all the cost saving that I've done and the energy that I've saved I just wasted as when I got home I just realised to my horror that I'd left the 3KW oil filled radiator on in the lab on no.4 so it's been pumping out lots of heat when I wasn't in, I've even went a bit anal and put time switches on most of the power zapping appliances, not the kettle and that of course all though I do manage to make a cold cup of coffee now and then and that's not to save energy it's just I forgot to boil it.! nothing better than making a stone cold cup of coffee, I like cold coffee, you know in them cans but when you make it your self it's just not the same.

I've also bought some GU9's for the lamps around the lab, might as well go for it with no holes barred if your going to do it.

I might end up actually getting a minus reading on the meter the way this is going.

and mate, don't even squint, they'll burn the back of your eyes out, I'm thinking of under cutting the laser eye surgery adverts that you see on the TV and setting up a clinic here in the lab.

I'll PM you mate with the link where I got them.

Have fun and "DON'T LOOK INTO THE LIGHT!"

Dibbs.

They don't seem that bright? It's dark........

EDIT: I should learn to read BEFORE i post, not after clearly...

me thinks some one else is blind! lololol.....of course it's dark there off! lmfao!

Cheapest I can see is £2.69 from Japan if your willing to wait..... :cool:

Last edited:
Dibbers could I get the info as well please.

I have normal 60 LED bulbs, are the 60 SMD ones much brighter? I found the normal ones too dim for a bedroom.

Thanks.

Back