Gordon Brown 'stepping down as Labour leader'

I know this is going to hurt but...

...can anyone recommend a really solid brick wall? : grim :

You read again let me help (Prime Ministers are elected to Parliament by their constituents)
MP's are elected not PM's
You can only be elected as PM by the people of this country in a general election, Brown used the back door

When people vote for a party they hope the leader of that party will become PM and in may cases people vote for that person rather than the party.

We can not have a government that decides to chop and change the leader willy nilly, hence changing who is PM as it suits them.
Tony Blair should have resigned giving 3 or 4 months notice to allow time for Labour to choose a new leader then call a general election.
That did not happen Brown was given the job

What next Tony Blair coming back, the whole thing is a joke.

ok, you're a little narked because your favourite nazi party didn't win a single seat. it's understandable i suppose.

Bottom line is you don't vote for PM (unless of course he also happens to be your local parliamentary candidate) you vote for a local candidate.

Did you vote for the BNP or did you vote nick griffin?

My abs Nara.

I haven't had a carb since 2006.

ok, you're a little narked because your favourite nazi party didn't win a single seat. it's understandable i suppose.

Bottom line is you don't vote for PM (unless of course he also happens to be your local parliamentary candidate) you vote for a local candidate.

Did you vote for the BNP or did you vote nick griffin?

:roflmao: now who's narked

birmingham and coventry are 100% labour

highest unemployment in country

goes 5 miles out of birmingham into knowle then it is tory same as coventry and kenilworth

lets not talk about unemployment in Scotland & Wales, english tax payers prop up those countries

why dont the scots take gordon brown and elect him as leader of SNP and stop sponging off england

The Scottish oil has propped up the UK economy for many years.
The Scottish troops have been the mainstay of british armed forces.
The Scotish industries were taken apart by Thatcher .
Our country no longer makes anything from the ground .
We even import coal and steele as its cheaper labour.
The EU make a fook up of our fishing industry.
What industry other than commerce is left in uk

Need to get facts right before you talk bollocks.
Tony Blair is more to blame than Gordon Brown .
I personally thought he has been a decent leader with a shit pack of cards.
He stopped the global financial meltdown happening but thats forgotten.
The banks got us into this mess not Gordon Brown

The Scottish oil has propped up the UK economy for many years.
The Scottish troops have been the mainstay of british armed forces.
The Scotish industries were taken apart by Thatcher .
Our country no longer makes anything from the ground .
We even import coal and steele as its cheaper labour.
The EU make a fook up of our fishing industry.
What industry other than commerce is left in uk

Need to get facts right before you talk bollocks.
Tony Blair is more to blame than Gordon Brown .
I personally thought he has been a decent leader with a shit pack of cards.
He stopped the global financial meltdown happening but thats forgotten.
The banks got us into this mess not Gordon Brown

and who privitised the banks - THE TORIES.

Thanks to there immense forward thinking the Tories gave us the right to buy our council house, then made half the country unemployed and with no means to pay the mortgage - repossesions were rife, they gave us (Scotland) the poll tax and the english moaned because we weren't happy about being guinea pigs but as soon as it was introduced down south all hell broke loose and it was scrapped. The Tories left Britain in a terrible state then blamed Labour for trying to fix it the best way they could. F*** the Tories and the Lib-Dems, Scotland will go to war with them rather than endure another 18 years of hell on earth.

I'm gutted Gordon Brown went yesterday he didn't get a chance with the right wing media in England. He would have been an excellent Prime Minister given the chance, ever since he took over all he had was crisis after crisis which he dealt with.

The Tories and Liberal Democrat's will ruin this country for years to come and even if Labour do get back in office in the next five years they will not have a leader as good as Gordon Brown.

.... Scotland will go to war with them rather than endure another 18 years of hell on earth.

We're straying a bit off-topic here, but it's worth remembering that in 1979 the tories won 22 of the 79 seats that were contested in Scotland. In 1997 they were completely wiped out.

Scotland will never forgive the evil that was Thatcherism.

The Tories and Liberal Democrat's will ruin this country for years to come and even if Labour do get back in office in the next five years they will not have a leader as good as Gordon Brown.

Labour are the winners here to a certain extent!

The Tories have given the Lib Dems a quarter of the cabinet seats so once they get into the thick of it and realise how hard it is to run the country there will be so much in-house fighting Labour will be almost guaranteed to regain power in 4 years time! Even some Tories on tv today have given the coalition less than 2 years!

Yes they will **** the country up, they always have done but thankfully they will only see one term if they're lucky!

The tory supporters are going to be so disapointed they don't really have a magic wand to create jobs and employment will remain the same, immigration will pretty much be the same but unfortunately the economy will plumment as it always does under tory rule.

Watch job salaries tumble and property values soar... welcome to 'Landlord Britain' ..salutes

Gordon Brown could well be our next Labour PM, hopefully this Con-Dem nation of ours will die a quick death and we can get him back.

I'm gutted Gordon Brown went yesterday he didn't get a chance with the right wing media in England. He would have been an excellent Prime Minister given the chance, ever since he took over all he had was crisis after crisis which he dealt with.

I think in the future history will look back on Gordon Brown more kindly. He wasn't a slick media friendly politician, on camera he was always a bit akward and liable to put his foot in it. However I think he was a principled leader. He never really had a chance with the press and I don't blame him for the banking crises.

Nick Clegg on the other hand has sold his soul for a bit of power. He would have been as well just joining the tories.

thebigman

How do you think that Cameron will deal with the immigration issue given that his wife is Spanish, his children all have Spanish names, his mother is Dutch and his father is half Russian!!!!

and he also has a very Scottish sounding name (David William Donald Cameron) but he was born in England - it gets more confusing.

How do you think that Cameron will deal with the immigration issue given that his wife is Spanish, his children all have Spanish names, his mother is Dutch and his father is half Russian!!!!

and he also has a very Scottish sounding name (David William Donald Cameron) but he was born in England - it gets more confusing.

maggie camerons wife isn't spanish m8. cleggs is.

Said it before and I'll say it again, a vote for the Liberals is and has been a waste of a fecking vote, I cant believe their happy that their asshole off a leader has sold his party out to sit side by side with a bunch of half witted incestuously bred pricks.

I can see them suffer a backlash for this and think Clegg has set his party back years, and hope they loose every by-election for the next five years.

Maybe someone who voted Liberals can let us know if their happy with this coalition and if they would still have voted for them had they known.

:Cheers:

Last edited:
Election system is screwed and does not reflect who the british people voted for

Tories 307
Labour 257
Lib Dems 57

How the fcuk can the party who finished 3rd hold the whole country over a barrel for 4 days whilst they decide who is going to be in power

Personally I didn't vote for the lib dems hence I do not want their leader or any off there menbers in parliament but becasue of this farce the party who came 3rd out of the top 3 parties decides how it's going to be

Nick Clegg on the 7th May....
He told reporters: "Whichever party gets the most votes and the most seats has the first right to seek to govern, either on its own or by reaching out to other parties and I stick to that view.

"I think it is now for the Conservative Party to prove that it is capable of seeking to govern in the national interest."

So why does he not let them?

Back