Chris Evans stepping down from top gear

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris Evans announces he is stepping down from presenting Top Gear. - BBC News

Chris Evans has announced he is leaving his role as a presenter on BBC Two's Top Gear after one series.
He tweeted: "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough."

A good thing I think. I don't mind the new format but not a fan of him. I didn't mind him on the big breakfast or tfi.

dqmxe8.jpg

In fairness he's actually out done Clarkson in only one series.
According to the media he's:

Rude to producers.
Rude to fellow staff and crew.
A diva.
Under suspicion of a sexual assault.
About as popular as a fart in a spacesuit.

Bet the Beeb wish they'd sacked the lad for not getting the steak.

Matt Leblanc is doing a pretty good job. But miss the old trio.

Envoyé de mon Vodafone Smart ultra 6 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ffs is this thread still going?. The ginger cnut has left now thank goodness.

Ffs is this thread still going?. The ginger cnut has left now thank goodness.

Only because of a couple of post clockers miggy lol

[emoji12]

It's still relevent, was it not in the news again this week?

be damned remove it as i would who really cares about the twat

On paper he would have been a good top gear presenter , just his voice I think. I knew it was a bad idea him taking the role but like I say, on paper

On paper he would have been a good top gear presenter , just his voice I think. I knew it was a bad idea him taking the role but like I say, on paper

You mean shit house paper fella?. ;)

I think subliminally you meant toilet role paper....
But @miggy nailed it;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The format was doomed before clarkson threw his fit. It needs something knew but as usual the bbc didn't adapt and went with their next best fit.

The format was doomed before clarkson threw his fit. It needs something knew but as usual the bbc didn't adapt and went with their next best fit.

There are plenty of celebrities they could have chosen who actually knew about cars and would have made it entertaining. Mike Brewer and Ed China are a fantastic double act and would have made a good show. Unlike the Evans show and his poor excuse to show his car collection off.

There are plenty of celebrities they could have chosen who actually knew about cars and would have made it entertaining. Mike Brewer and Ed China are a fantastic double act and would have made a good show. Unlike the Evans show and his poor excuse to show his car collection off.

You are right, Evans wasn't the right choice. He did have the passion and knowledge about vehicles however but his delivery and voice spoiled things in my opinion.

You are right, Evans wasn't the right choice. He did have the passion and knowledge about vehicles however but his delivery and voice spoiled things in my opinion.

One more question and I will leave you alone lol. Have you read Richard Hammond's book? It is really interesting all about his life and that fatal crash. I won't spoil the book for you if you have not read it but I found the book was rushed near the end. Sorry to change the subject a little bit but it is in the Top Gear theme hopefully.

Back