Gordon Brown 'stepping down as Labour leader'

I voted Lib Dem and I'm pretty happy - for the moment - with the outcome.

I'm more inclined to the left so it doesn't come that easy for me to accept but, who knows, this may change how politics works: for the better.

Between them the Libs and Cons have 59% of the vote so they do represent a large proportion of those who voted.

Said it before and I'll say it again, a vote for the Liberals is and has been a waste of a fecking vote, I cant believe their happy that their asshole off a leader has sold his party out to sit side by side with a bunch of half witted incestuously bred pricks.

I can see them suffer a backlash for this and think Clegg has set his party back years, and hope they loose every by-election for the next five years.

Maybe someone who voted Liberals can let us know if their happy with this coalition and if they would still have voted for them had they known.

:Cheers:

Tbh Dave, a hate this coalition and if a had known they would have done it a would have never have voted for them and a never will again.
A sent them an email which i called them the pink tories.
Totally disgusted mate.

lol like the last 13 years has been plain sailing

blame blame blame

unemployment is highest for 15 years fgs

The Good that Thatcher did,
The main good the Thatcher administration did, was in controlling Union power, with Union leaders such as those at British Leyland having brought Britain to it's knees in the 1970's.

Thatcher also helped to keep a tight fiscal reign on the country bringing inflation under control after the massive inflation of the 1970's.

Thatcher may not have been liked for some of her social reforms, but Thatcher's Economic Policies helped steer the country away from Bankruptcy, Stagflation and Economic Meltdown.

It should not be forgotten, the terrible state of the country in the 1970's and the fact in 1979 the streets were full of rubbish, the dead remained unburied and we were subject to power cuts night after night all due to strikes. At the same time Union leaders had reduced British Industry to the laughing stock of the world.

Whilst Red Robbo launched another washing up time or tea break strike at British Leyland in the 1970's, Car Makers in Japan and the Far East were not even unionised and were getting on with the job at hand, and the same was true of ship building and numerous other industries. Sadly the Japanese now dominate the British Car Industry, and non unionised workers in Sunderland, Derbyshire and Swindon now build cars for the Japanese, whilst other plants build cars for the Germans or Indians who now own Land Rover and Jaguar.

Nobody wanted to invest in UK industry back in the 70's due to it's unreliability and constant strikes and it wasn't until Margaret Thatcher came to power that things started to improve. It's easy to just blame Thatcher but the Union leaders of the 70's were the ones who did the damage, if anything Margaret Thatcher was part of a much needed solution.

The main good the Thatcher administration did, was in controlling Union power, with Union leaders such as those at British Leyland having brought Britain to it's knees in the 1970's.

Thatcher also helped to keep a tight fiscal reign on the country bringing inflation under control after the massive inflation of the 1970's.

Thatcher may not have been liked for some of her social reforms, but Thatcher's Economic Policies helped steer the country away from Bankruptcy, Stagflation and Economic Meltdown.

It should not be forgotten, the terrible state of the country in the 1970's and the fact in 1979 the streets were full of rubbish, the dead remained unburied and we were subject to power cuts night after night all due to strikes. At the same time Union leaders had reduced British Industry to the laughing stock of the world.

Whilst Red Robbo launched another washing up time or tea break strike at British Leyland in the 1970's, Car Makers in Japan and the Far East were not even unionised and were getting on with the job at hand, and the same was true of ship building and numerous other industries. Sadly the Japanese now dominate the British Car Industry, and non unionised workers in Sunderland, Derbyshire and Swindon now build cars for the Japanese, whilst other plants build cars for the Germans or Indians who now own Land Rover and Jaguar.

Nobody wanted to invest in UK industry back in the 70's due to it's unreliability and constant strikes and it wasn't until Margaret Thatcher came to power that things started to improve. It's easy to just blame Thatcher but the Union leaders of the 70's were the ones who did the damage, if anything Margaret Thatcher was part of a much needed solution.

well googled ;)

What good did Margaret Thatcher do for England while in power? - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Answers

Said it before and I'll say it again, a vote for the Liberals is and has been a waste of a fecking vote, I cant believe their happy that their asshole off a leader has sold his party out to sit side by side with a bunch of half witted incestuously bred pricks.

I can see them suffer a backlash for this and think Clegg has set his party back years, and hope they loose every by-election for the next five years.

Maybe someone who voted Liberals can let us know if their happy with this coalition and if they would still have voted for them had they known.

I DID vote for them and I would 100% do it again !!

If I didn't vote for them the tories would be in power, I did vote for them and now my party leader is deputy PM.

Argument over, I do believe.

I DID vote for them and I would 100% do it again !!

If I didn't vote for them the tories would be in power, I did vote for them and now my party leader is deputy PM.

Argument over, I do believe.

Good for you, your Mars Bar's in the post. :proud:

Last edited:
sooner have gorden brown than that stupid tw@t David Cameron he will screw this county up big time, you wait and see.

Totally agree!

You are only OK if you earn more than 50k with the tories, they have already decided on the cuts, the NI hike has been abandoned in favour of a VAT increase. So instead of only hitting the people that work, they have decided to hit everyone!

And what a hypocrite Clegg is, FFS a centre left party going into partnership with a centre right party. What's that all about??

Our economic was following a nice "U" shape, however I can see it forming a horrible "W" shape now :(

And to parody (a parody) Spaceballs, There goes the country.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9MxTRspXpQ]YouTube - Spaceballs - Planet of the Apes[/ame]

Well no one can invest in our industry now as she ripped the heart right out of it.

I voted lib and my only hope is Clegg and co can keep that bluey party in check

Well no one can invest in our industry now as she ripped the heart right out of it.

I voted lib and my only hope is Clegg and co can keep that bluey party in check

Clegg will have as much influence as deputy PM on govt policy as he had before the election. And by that i mean none.

Michael Hesletine was asked yesterday what power the deputy PM actually had.

His opinion was that if you weren't the PMs closest, bestest and most trusted friend you would have no say in anything.

In other words Clegg will be Camerons fag.

anyone for toasted muffins?

How can anyone who voted Lib Dem be happy ? the Tory and Liberals policies are miles apart, if I had votet Lib-Dem I would be well pissed off !!

I think Clegg and he's cronies have made a huge mistake but time will tell, in the mean time Clegg had better buy himself the biggest jar of Anal Lube he can find lol

PS pmsl @ Mairyhiges Avatar

Good for you, your Mars Bar's in the post. :proud:

Deep fried, no doubt.

;)

Totally agree!

You are only OK if you earn more than 50k with the tories, they have already decided on the cuts, the NI hike has been abandoned in favour of a VAT increase. So instead of only hitting the people that work, they have decided to hit everyone!

And what a hypocrite Clegg is, FFS a centre left party going into partnership with a centre right party. What's that all about??

Our economic was following a nice "U" shape, however I can see it forming a horrible "W" shape now :(

And to parody (a parody) Spaceballs, There goes the country.

YouTube - Spaceballs - Planet of the Apes

Not sure that anyone but GB thought the NI increase was less damaging than a VAT one pal tbh.

Reactions: v14
Politics is getting interesting for the first time in decades. Enjoy the moment!

The honeymoon period is with us, time will tell, lets hope it stays interesting

I'm with Hamba and Messa. Sometimes, to get what you ultimately want, you have to suffer some uncomfortable choices and put differences aside for the greater good.

IMHO, providing the LibDems and Tories can keep their old school'ers under control and not let them rock the boat too much, this can be a sacrifice worth running with, and will benefit everybody.

For me, so long as it keeps Labour and their fake figures, dreadful spin doctors and Brown/Blair out of office, it can only be a good thing.

We're seeing an opportunity for real political change here, I hope it can, and does work out.

It's a mongrel Goverment and a load of pish.

I have absolutely no confidence in them.

Shame on Clegg, how could he stoop so low as to join that bunch of elitists.

just wait for all the cuts

obtw also wait till they put up beer ,petrol
cartax
and also wait till ur council tax goes up because of the money they claw back to pay off the debit

me i would have paid the NI increase

i can also see income tax cuts
from the 50% back down to 40%

I'm with Hamba and Messa. Sometimes, to get what you ultimately want, you have to suffer some uncomfortable choices and put differences aside for the greater good.

IMHO, providing the LibDems and Tories can keep their old school'ers under control and not let them rock the boat too much, this can be a sacrifice worth running with, and will benefit everybody.

For me, so long as it keeps Labour and their fake figures, dreadful spin doctors and Brown/Blair out of office, it can only be a good thing.

We're seeing an opportunity for real political change here, I hope it can, and does work out.

Tell that to the thousands of families who will now be back on the breadline thanks to getting their Working Families Tax Credit cut...

Back