Frustrated Members

I only asked a question.... I never said I believe it...

So in response to your question, its one person's interpretation of their religion.

As with most things related to this matter, there is no absolute right or wrong. Even the ten commandments which you think are pretty straightforward 'rules of life' are interpreted in different ways by different people. What I think is that everyone here agrees is that the incident that happened this week is not a valid interpretation of islam.

Going back to the Woolwich murder, I cannot believe we spend all that money on Police marksmen training and both killers are still alive !

Going back to the Woolwich murder, I cannot believe we spend all that money on Police marksmen training and both killers are still alive !

Better that way Bronto - They only get their 70 virgins (or whatever it is now, inflation and that) if they are martyrs, snuffing it in any other circumstance doesn't pay out. Are there Islamist actuaries that assess that payout?

do you actually anything about islam ?

Does anyone truly? Extremists interpret the Qurʼan (Koran) in one way, other groups interpret in another, Internally in the Muslim faith there are disagreements over the teachings. How can someone external to that have a true understanding.

I'm not answering for Miggy here, but I haven't read the bible either, and neither do i have any wish to, but I don't need a book, a religion, or a faith to teach me right from wrong.

EDIT: Actually, reading back you said something similar above.

Last edited:

Quite hard getting any information out of them about other nutjobs if they're dead ;)

There are several transliterations of the Quran, the most "extreme" being the Noble Quran (Hilali, Khan) search for it, it's a free PDF version too. A lot of other things were added to the Hadith and Sira though.

do you actually anything about islam ?

I know there are a lot of dodgy hate preachers out there that couldn't give a shite about race or religion only disruption that need stopping in there tracks.

Time to fight fire with fire, Its time for them to know when you hurt one of us you hurt us all. Its time for this Government to stop f*ckin about and sort this out without being scared who they upset and who's toes they tred on. They were known to MI5 etc, they should have been watched or better still detained, bring internment back for anyone who is an enemy/threat to our country.Round them all up and lock the fuc*ers up no mater what colour they are or what religion they say they follow

The family of Lee Rigby, who was murdered in a street attack in Woolwich on Wednesday, have told of their pride for the 25-year-old soldier, who they described as "our hero".

His wife Rebecca and stepfather Ian Rigby fought back tears as they spoke on behalf of the whole family, at a press conference at the Regimental HQ of his unit, the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers at Bury in Greater Manchester.

Rebecca Rigby, mother of their two-year-old son Jack, said: "I love Lee and always will. I am proud to be his wife and he was due to come up this weekend so we could continue our future together as a family."

Drummer Rigby, from Langley, in Middleton, Greater Manchester, was from 2nd Battalion, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. He had served in Afghanistan and was attached to the Regimental Recruiting Team when he was hacked to death in broad daylight on Wednesday afternoon in Woolwich, south-east London.

Two suspects were shot and arrested at the scene and remain in police custody.

'We will both miss him terribly'

Mrs Rigby, sobbing back tears, added: "He was a devoted father to our son Jack and we will both miss him terribly."

Asked about the shock of the attack being on British soil, she added: "You don't expect it to happen when he's in the UK. You think they're safe.

"His proudest moments were serving in London on the ceremonials with the drum corps."

Lee's stepfather Ian read out a statement on behalf of and prepared by the whole family.

"What can we say about Lee, our hero. We are so so proud of Lee.

"When Lee was born the family adored him, he was a precious gift given to us.

"Lee had a fiery temper when he was younger. I used to sit on him to calm him down till he got too big at 15, then he used to sit on me.

"Lee's dream growing up was always to join the army which he succeeded in doing. He was dedicated and loved his job."

"Lee adored and cared a lot for his family. He was very much a family man, looking out for his wife, young son Jack, younger sisters, whom in turn they looked up to him. He always had a banter with them but would never ever let any harm come to them.

"He was over the moon being a dad and uncle. He adored them all."

'He believed life was for living'

Mr Rigby, 54, at times swallowing hard and breathing in to contain his emotions, continued: "Lee was a man who loved people. He had many friends growing up in Middleton and on army duties all over the world.

"He believed life was for living and he will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

"Courtney and Amy his younger sisters wrote this for Lee: 'Rest in Peace Lee, we loved you so much, you didn't deserve this, you fought for your country and did it well.

"You will always be our hero we are just upset you left us so early. Love you Lee, goodnight.'

"The last text he sent to his mum read, 'Goodnight mum, I hope you had a fantastic day today because you are the most fantastic and one in a million mum that anyone could ever wish for. Thank you for supporting me all these years, you're not just my mum you're my best friend. So goodnight, love you loads."

'Rest in peace, our fallen soldier'

Mr Rigby continued: "We would like to say goodnight Lee, rest in peace our fallen soldier, we love you loads and words cannot describe how loved and sadly missed you will be.

"We would like to thank everybody, the police and army for the amazing support we have received and for all the goodwill wishes we are receiving from all over the country in memory of Lee.

"Our hearts have been ripped apart from us, everyone is struggling to cope with this tragedy, so we would ask the press to respect our privacy to grieve our son's parting as we try to come to terms with this."

Mr Rigby then read out a poem, a tribute to Lee from an unknown poster on a Facebook page.

It read: "You fought bravely and with honour died,

"You leave your family so full of pride,

"Sleep well young soldier, your job is done,

"Your war is over, your battle won.

"Our family chain is broken and nothing is the same,

"But as God takes us one by one,

"Our chain will link again."

'He always wanted to serve in the army'

Mr Rigby was flanked by his step-son's wife, who at times covered her face with a handkerchief and to his right his own wife and Lee's mother, Lyn Rigby.

Lee's sister, Sara McClure, 24, sat holding her mother's hand and the family were also joined by Ray Dutton, another extended family member and Susan Metcalfe, Rebecca's mother.

Lee's other sisters Chelsea, Courtney, 11, and Amy, eight, were not present.

The family agreed to take a few questions, but did not want to be asked about politics, racism and the incident itself - still subject to an ongoing police investigation.

Asked how proud Lee was to serve Queen and country, Mr Rigby replied: "Extremely. He's always wanted to serve in the Army. He's been all over, Cyprus, Germany, Jordan."

Asked how hard it was to take that Lee had been killed not in a war zone but on the streets of London, Mr Rigby said: "When in Afghanistan, you come to terms with it, you know it's dangerous, you don't expect something like that on your doorstep. It's very difficult."

Mr Rigby was asked how he found out about the incident and said he saw it on TV and tried to contact his stepson immediately.

"As soon as it came on the news on television, obviously we didn't know it was Lee, but your heart skips a beat when you see something like that on TV, you know your son is in that area.

"As soon as it was on the telly we were attempting to get hold of Lee. Obviously we couldn't, and it was the middle of the night probably when we got confirmed to us it was Lee."

Asked what the family will miss most about Lee, his wife said: "Everything."

Mr Rigby added: "Everything. His love for his family, his incredible sense of humour. He was a loving son and wonderful father.

"I just can't tell you how much..."

Drummer Rigby collected teddy bears for his son Jack and the family took one to the press conference, dressed by Lee in the infantry uniform and with the Fusiliers' trademark feathered 'hackle' on the cap.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/woolwich-...rigby-pay-tribute-to-our-hero-461788/#tscptmf

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of dodgy hate preachers out there that couldn't give a shite about race or religion only disruption that need stopping in there tracks.

exactly, nothing to do with what clegg was saying

Time to fight fire with fire, Its time for them to know when you hurt one of us you hurt us all. Its time for this Government to stop f*ckin about and sort this out without being scared who they upset and who's toes they tred on. They were known to MI5 etc, they should have been watched or better still detained, bring internment back for anyone who is an enemy/threat to our country.Round them all up and lock the fuc*ers up no mater what colour they are or what religion they say they follow

You realise that virtually everyone in this country is on some watch list or other ? Where are you going to draw the line ?

Clegg is talking through his backside. A British soldier has been killed and his priority is to praise the Muslim's??.

he is not praising Muslims, he is trying to defuse the situation by pointing out the obvious that these two nutjobs had nothing to do with mainstream Muslims. Blinded by their hatred, unfortunately some people don't seem to get the message.

In July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik was arrested and charged with terrorism after a car bombing in Oslo and a mass shooting on Utøya island. As a result of his attacks, 151 people were injured, and 77 killed. Hours prior to the events, Breivik released a 1,500 page manifesto detailing that immigrants were undermining Norway's traditional Christian values, and identifying himself as a "Christian crusader". Analyses of his motivations have noted that he did not only display Christian terrorist inclinations, but also had non-religious, right-wing beliefs.

Of course, we labelled all Christians as terrorists thereafter...

“An unspeakable act has been conducted in their name. Yet while this has provoked feelings of frustration and anger - it flies in the face of the peace and love that Islam teaches - Muslim organisations, Mosques, Imams and community leaders have responded with a call for unity and calm. They have set an example for us all.” .

Then get out on the streets and protest against these extremist like they do against every thing else to to with the country, name the mosques where the evil shit is preached, wtf are muslims doing to stop this apart from saying "not in our name " sleep with dogs you get fleas (yer i know dogs are dirty but this is a country of dog lovers)
"they have set an example to us all" bollocks they have showed nothing but how to alienate them selves from this land and its laws and how to treat women like objects to be hidden from site.
at least defense lawyers get highly paid for defending scum what excuse do folk have by sticking up for these people and their human rights, these acts were INHUMAN so they shouldn't get the human right protection

It doesn't help when we have a government and police force scared fecking shitless of saying or doing anything against these extremist, just look at their marches burning the flag and poppys, chants of behead troops etc and wtf happens ? nothing, now look at a edl march first sign of a racist chant and the batons are flying and the cuffs are out.
seems like they are protected by the country they hate yet anyone who speaks out is a racist bigot who has no right.
beem me up Scotty, the worlds gone fecking nuts.

85 Year Old women arrested for SHOUTING outside a Mosque FFS Country F00ked or what

Race arrests in Gillingham - ITV News

85-year-old arrested for shouting outside Mosque

An 85-year-old woman has been arrested for allegedly shouting outside the Jamia mosque in Gillingham today (Friday 24 May). She is currently in police custody for a public order offence.

well me and the wife just watched the press conference on the news with lee rigbys family ,
we was both crying , I can say that's the first time that has happened while watching the news ...ever !
What the fuk has this country come too ..people DO NOT feel safe , and that is a problem..

Today I went to a chippy in Huddersfield , was crossing the road to get to my car , I couldn't see behind the van and carefully edged out into the road ,
only to be confronted by an Asian man driving a golf that got a bit close to me , not his fault may I add , but I SHIT myself and dropped my dinner ...

I wouldn't have been as scared if this had happened before the Woolwich savage.......

Oh dear :(

The number of mosques is irrelevant, how many catholic, baptist, protestant etc. places of worship are there by way of comparison?

Remember, even paediatricians are not all bad...

I would like to see how many catholic, baptist, protestant places of worship in Muslim countries there are?

well me and the wife just watched the press conference on the news with lee rigbys family ,
we was both crying , I can say that's the first time that has happened while watching the news ...ever !
What the fuk has this country come too ..people DO NOT feel safe , and that is a problem..

Today I went to a chippy in Huddersfield , was crossing the road to get to my car , I couldn't see behind the van and carefully edged out into the road ,
only to be confronted by an Asian man driving a golf that got a bit close to me , not his fault may I add , but I SHIT myself and dropped my dinner ...

I wouldn't have been as scared if this had happened before the Woolwich savage.......

Chris my daughters friend is related to Lee he was due to come home at weekend to his family. At the moment there is a post mortem so it will be a week or two before his funeral. I will be going to his funeral if I can and you are most welcome to join me if you are in the area. I will update you when I know more. :(

Back