fookin car insurance again

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the piss ripped out of them on their renewals this year??

I have been with privilege 4 the last 4 years, my renewal qoute just received shows an anual increase of £100 over last years. No claims No Convictions nothing whatsoever has changed. 7 years NCB.
This is a greater increase than the combined amounts of all the years i have been with them ffs. Checking around i find almost all insurers have bumped there rates considerably, certainly no motoring related reason for this. One idiot said insurers have experoenced a high volume of claims in the last year - WTF not from me they fuckin ain't, i retorted - with that he knocked 100 of his qoute, hows that he said? "It's shit tbh", i replied he managed to get it from £578.00 to £479.00 still more than £100 over may qoutes i have..

I eventually found £320 with £100 excess free glass repairs and £60 windscreen excess. £29.00 per month.

This leaves me considering my green flag cover usually got from privilege this year they want the princely sum of £80.85 < not used that once in all these years either hmmm. well seems direct line underwrite greenflag and privilege, hey might as well give green flag a try - to my dismay £65.10 How does that work then??

Phoned my current insurers privilege they said could not explain these discrepencies but that i should call back on the 2nd of jan to speak to the loyalty department and ask them to match what i have found in 1/2hr of internet searching..

get yourselves over the beatthatqoute.com and do a search - all the other search engines i used took the right piss actually started to make my renewal look cheap ffs.

If anyone else has any good link to insurers i would appreciate a link or 2 because i am minded to believe my insurers should no really be crossing the 300 mark. clean licence forever 7 yrs NCB average family saloon, not even a speeding ticket ffs - bunch of pisstakers if you ask me..

I have been with privilege 4 the last 4 years, my renewal qoute just received shows an anual increase of £100 over last years. No claims No Convictions nothing whatsoever has changed. 7 years NCB.
This is a greater increase than the combined amounts of all the years i have been with them ffs. Checking around i find almost all insurers have bumped there rates considerably, certainly no motoring related reason for this. One idiot said insurers have experoenced a high volume of claims in the last year - WTF not from me they fuckin ain't, i retorted - with that he knocked 100 of his qoute, hows that he said? "It's shit tbh", i replied he managed to get it from £578.00 to £479.00 still more than £100 over may qoutes i have..

I eventually found £320 with £100 excess free glass repairs and £60 windscreen excess. £29.00 per month.

This leaves me considering my green flag cover usually got from privilege this year they want the princely sum of £80.85 < not used that once in all these years either hmmm. well seems direct line underwrite greenflag and privilege, hey might as well give green flag a try - to my dismay £65.10 How does that work then??

Phoned my current insurers privilege they said could not explain these discrepencies but that i should call back on the 2nd of jan to speak to the loyalty department and ask them to match what i have found in 1/2hr of internet searching..

get yourselves over the beatthatqoute.com and do a search - all the other search engines i used took the right piss actually started to make my renewal look cheap ffs.

If anyone else has any good link to insurers i would appreciate a link or 2 because i am minded to believe my insurers should no really be crossing the 300 mark. clean licence forever 7 yrs NCB average family saloon, not even a speeding ticket ffs - bunch of pisstakers if you ask me..

yes mate, been looking for renewals .. ! Runs out end of Jan. Paid just under £500 this year.. they want £800 renewal ! WTF is that all about.

No claims either, 4 years ncb this year... so can protect it !

Takes the utter piss !

Ive just had my renewal in from saga £260.puck that i did an online search and found the co-op cis for £198.phoned saga up to cancel and they gave me a price of £190:banana:always do a search as you will always get it cheaper.

I've been with privilege years aswell m8, I never accept their renewal, I always go and get a fresh quote on their site and it's always £50 - £80 cheaper than their renewal - fooking idiots lol

What are you people driving? :err:

My wee 1.8 Zafira is only £200 Fully comp. with wife as named driver.

well i am driving a mondeo 2l zetec saloon, nothing special at all.

in previous years i too have used the privilege site in order to get a lesser renewal than the one qouted. This year it was much higher on there site !!!! I am just off to the co op for a wee qoute right now i will report back.

I had a 1.8 Mondeo Zetec a few years ago, my insurance was IIRC around £250.

Loved that car. :)

well i am driving a mondeo 2l zetec saloon, nothing special at all.

in previous years i too have used the privilege site in order to get a lesser renewal than the one qouted. This year it was much higher on there site !!!! I am just off to the co op for a wee qoute right now i will report back.
try www.elephant.co.uk

I have been driving an Audi A4 for the last 5 years and been insured with Privilege, as they were the cheapest. The car was group 17, changed to a Vectra and they wanted more saying it was a higher risk!!!

Gone with Admiral now for a £100 less and better cover, looks like Privilege think they can take the piss if you normally renew.

Frenchman

I have been driving an Audi A4 for the last 5 years and been insured with Privilege, as they were the cheapest. The car was group 17, changed to a Vectra and they wanted more saying it was a higher risk!!!

Maybe your Audi had better security mate.

i.e, easier to nick a Vectra.

Ok tried elephant last night they did not qoute me happy lol - £500+

I am not entirely sure about my cars nicking potential but afaik it has adeqaute security devices. Electronically enhanced key ect imobilser and silly sounding alarm.

I have probably clockied up some serious milleage in my life lol, had i not stopped driving for a few years then i would infact have in excess of 15 years without claim. Only incident i ever had i was hit while stationary by a doctor reversing down a one way street at speed causing 2000 in damage to my car then making off. I caught him and his insurance paid for the damage to the car.

As far as i can see there is no reason at all for the increase in my premiums, except these fookers have been underwritting bad loans and loosing a fortune. Thy appear to be seeking reimbursement by adjusting our fookin motor insurance costs.. I have never actually claimed a single penny from a car insurance policy that i held. CIS website down so i guess i will check tommorrow.

Tesco offered me £324 BUT tried slipping in 400 excess lol

Maybe your Audi had better security mate.

i.e, easier to nick a Vectra.
the problem with insurance is to do with how many of the same car is stolen or in a crash

my nephew a while ago went to insure a granada and was asked what engine was in it
upon being told that it had the 2ltr twin overhead cam
they said that is ok because if it had the 2ltr overhead cam that would be dearer because more of them got stolen and crashed

may be because more of them where made the daft fookers
another thing they do u for
if u are a carefull driver and are unfortunate to have 6 crashes where ppl have hit u
ur insurance goes up because u have made 6 claims ???

isnt that what u pay for

Just a wee reminder for anybody that's renewing, check the cashback sites. I went with the Co-Op last year, they were 2nd cheapest I could find but had a £75 cashback offer with quidco making them the cheapest.
Just a thought,
HH.

I was with saga through the AA last year didn't break down didn't make a claim on the ins.the quot for breakdown recovery onward travel was in excess of £100 the ins renewal with saga £478 with another company £378 go compare GREENBEE £278.88 full comp
my breakdown will be with rescue my car the same cover as AA £35.50 but you have to pay and then claim it back if they cant fix by the roadside in 1hour

edogg

i was insured through the AA some years back, then i moved house about 1 mile up the road so i rang up the insurers they told me my insurance was going up by £100 for this new area. I informed them i could actually see the house from my window, were they suggesting that by moving up the road i was likely to become a worse driver? He said not at all sir!, oh i see i said. So the car may be more likely to be stolen in that area then - exactly sir, he replied. "most interesting", retorted - "Especially seeing as i only have fuckin 3rd party only insurance!!!". What he said next signalled then end of a 2 year insurance stretch with them - "It's just lines on a map sir!!". lmfao

Anyway phoned privilege loyalty today, they were very keen to help - could not explain why recovery and breakdown was more than anyone else. Also refused to go through the entire cost seperately with me or offer an explination for the ridiculous increase other than to say they were part of RBS group (big shock lol). Finally told me they could do me a wonderful deal of £478.00 and would i like them to renew, i told them to **** off literally and they were thieves.

comparing what i was offered by renewal and what i got ;

Hasting direct.

Free Glass repair, windscreen excess £60, fire and theft excess £100
Motor legal Protection (recovery of uninsured losses and sundries in no faults)
1/2 price MOT voucher (will come in handy in FEB!!)

cost £340.00

Privilege.

Glass Repair £10, Windscreen replacement excess £75, fire and theft excess £250.00
Motor Legal protection sama as above

cost £419.00

In past years i have used Privilege website to get a better renewal and excesses, saved nearly £40 every year. This year i tried the website and to my surprise it qouted me £490.00
I have also found almost all mainstream suppliers of motor insurance have raised there prices by pretty large margins!! some actually were qouting me 700+

So to all Privilege users from a now former user i would suggest you get on there website if your renewals are due in the next few months and get some qoutes - my feeling is you are all in for a shock. I am one for bolt ons i.e breakdown/legal/hirecar ect This year i have had to go on a insurance diet lol.

Me - Mr Average

driving licence held more than 11yrs
No convictions whatsoever
7 years NCB
Never had an insurance claim against me in my driving life!
Average 2.0L saloon car driving it for 5 years
age over 40
mileage less than 10000 per year!

is mr average really now paying 500+ the insure such a car?

I cant wait until im moning about 500 quid lol.

1800, 1000, 900 lol think your self your no 20 year old!

Back