The Mary Rose & house of Parliment

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest waste of money I have ever heard of. They built a purpose built building to house the restoration that cost £30 million then because it took 34 years to do it recently went through a 5.4 million re-vamp. And that's not including the millions upon millions it cost to preserve this chunk of pish a*se load of drift wood.

Then they had some woman on last night with it (Mary Rose) in her background saying "It feels like your back in time stood on the decks". Sorry love but errrr no. It looks like your stood at the side of an old railway line and there's a tonne of knackered asleepers stack up behind you.

Now they reckon it will cost millions per year to preserve spraying with chemicals etc. In all my years I have never seen a bigger waste of money in my life. In this day and age I'm pretty sure no one gives a flying f**k or even knew they were still going at it. this is a project that will no doubt have cost 100's of millions.

They would have been better building a replica and having actors re-enact on it and charging people to walk through it. Not some pile of sh!t you can't make head nor tail what it is.

And 7 Billion , , yes that's billion to refurb the House of Parliament ??? . Thats an estimate but experts reckon that it's a 32 year refurb so with inflation and over spending it will no doubt double in price to nr 15 or possibly 20 billion ....20 f**kin billion for a building ??.

Knock the f**ker down and build a hi tech new building that will last a few hundred years more than the decrepit pile of rotting wood and brick. It's falling into the Thames for christ sake and if it were me I would let it with all those inside aboard. We spend far too much on historic sh!t knock down , build new, and move on for f**k sake.

It will make a fortune in tourism when it is complete. History is very interesting the days before the plastic boom. Relax dude what would you rather spend your money on immigration benefits?.
[video=youtube_share;sgHzKMJ6zTk]https://youtu.be/sgHzKMJ6zTk[/video]

Re: The Mary Rose & house of Parliment

What will you actually see ??, I would rather be able to go to a replica and see a working boat say role play boat rather than a pile of drift wood obscured with a sh!t load of scaffold and acro's probably with "Speedy Scaffold" boards all over them.
Just watched that video, my God riveting, easily pleased is not the word. I'd sooner give it the migrants, at least they'll put it to better use

quote;-
"In November, a cap on spending on NHS agency staff came into force in England to save £1bn over the next three years."

You tell me, save a few Hospitals from closure or save the Mary Rose ? pile er crap, want's setting on fire come the 5th of November

- - - Updated - - -

It will make a fortune in tourism when it is complete.

when it's complete ? with what ? I've a few blue pallets out back if they want to use them because there's no wood left.
It's cost millions and will cost millions each year to maintain it as it's still rotting. The cost so far and what it will cost to keep in a stable condition you'd will need 1/2 of China to visit it at a tenner each till the end of the millennium.

What will you actually see ??, I would rather be able to go to a replica and see a working boat say role play boat rather than a pile of drift wood obscured with a sh!t load of scaffold and acro's probably with "Speedy Scaffold" boards all over them.
Just watched that video, my God riveting, easily pleased is not the word. I'd sooner give it the migrants, at least they'll put it to better use

quote;-
"In November, a cap on spending on NHS agency staff came into force in England to save £1bn over the next three years."

You tell me, save a few Hospitals from closure or save the Mary Rose ? pile er crap, want's setting on fire come the 5th of November

- - - Updated - - -

when it's complete ? from what ? it has cost millions and will cost millions each year to maintain it as it's still rotting. What it's cost and what it will cost to keep going you will need 1/2 of China to visit it at a tenner each.

Pmpl good Morning mate. :)

morn migg , this heat :)

It will make a fortune in tourism when it is complete. History is very interesting the days before the plastic boom. Relax dude what would you rather spend your money on immigration benefits?.
[video=youtube_share;sgHzKMJ6zTk]https://youtu.be/sgHzKMJ6zTk[/video]
. Truthfully yea mate that and hospitals schools and feeding the poor . I love history but this is a waste of money as for parliament . It's Bering fitted out with state of the Art gyms new restaurants and bars . They are paid enough let them pay for themselves

Just been British this morn , moan about money , moan about weather, gotta go out in a bit so I'll be back moaning about drivers

Back