Car/Van Insurance - Increase for non fault accident

willin

DW Regular
Reaction score
As title, I'm pretty miffed, My old L200 insurance is due got a good quote from Dial Direct £192.88 - noticed they wanted me to declare accidents from 5 years previous fault or not (others only ask for 3 years),I had a non fault from june 2017 a idiot reversed into me parked up, all settled etc. increased my premium to £221.35 phoned them, they say this is normal FFS, anyone else had this? Not fair as I have about 20 years no claims. Bas**rds.

Yes they are arse holes.
Put the car in for mot years ago and the garage didn’t actually do the mot, they just drove it to an mot testing station. They got rear ended on route. Even though my Insurence wasn’t even involved our premiums went up. apparently a car that has been in an accident is more likely to be in another accident regardless of who is driving lol.

Yes this is normal. Non fault damage happened to me twice in 3 years. 1 vehicle impact and 1 vandalism. I still managed to keep my full no claims bonus as I had it protected. Premium still went up though after each incident

It’s their way of sucking money out of people not at fault, scumbags tbh. I would just go with a different insurance company.

Thanks lads, I'm amazed this is happening TBH, the regulator should force them to do something about this in non fault cases. if it was 2 months later for me it would be over 5 years, I'm getting the same on the comparison sites, not due until the 29th, ill have a look about.

So, I worked for Admiral for a while, and they advised that ALL non fault accidents will result in your premiums going up much more than if you were at fault. The reason being is that the probability is, that if you're the non fault then you're more likely to think you're invincible and will drive more wrecklessly. Whereas if you're the fault driver, then you will drive more cautiously, it's all done via algorithms, rather than anything else.

Also anyone with Admiral, or any of their subsidieries need to be careful if you make a windscreen claim, as they will rate you on that these days now too...

My insurance went up, was sitting in my house, an Iceland delivery driver scraped the side of my car, all caught on cctv, yet my premium went up by £50..wtf 😱

So, I worked for Admiral for a while, and they advised that ALL non fault accidents will result in your premiums going up much more than if you were at fault. The reason being is that the probability is, that if you're the non fault then you're more likely to think you're invincible and will drive more wrecklessly. Whereas if you're the fault driver, then you will drive more cautiously, it's all done via algorithms, rather than anything else.

Also anyone with Admiral, or any of their subsidieries need to be careful if you make a windscreen claim, as they will rate you on that these days now too...

That does not make sense imo. It’s just another way of squeezing money out of joe public. They should be recouping their money from the people that are at fault.
I also think that they shouldn’t use that criteria if the persons car is damaged while parked up.

My missus once had a false claim some months after it so called happened against by someone saying she'd done their car with our car door and a witness had seen it.
My insurer sent me the doc and drawing that had been submitted. So she'd basically so called reversed into a park spot on an Asda car park.
She never does that simply so she xan access the boot, she only goes Adsa for the weekly shop.
And, stupidly on the evidence they submitted they left the name of the witness and the persons car. Both same town 10 miles away.
They got nothing but it took 18 months to gave it removed from our insurance history even though nothing was paid out.

F##kin insurance, no wonder 1000's drive without it

Insurance companies are criminals – legal criminals as the above posts prove, this is just another one which has been proved many times with the regulator forcing them to change their policy on many unfair T&Cs.

They don't care if it's fair or not, just want to screw you for as much money as possible.

The problem is, no one governs them with set boundaries say not your fault accidents affecting your claim, so many are now settling privately.
my neighbours works van got reversed into by an independent small delivery van outside his house. Repair bill was £1000, the guy paid private as he'd had another not long back and his premiums would have gone through the ceiling.

It's getting to the point were people aren't claiming which plays straight into theses robbing f##kers hand, absolute joke car insurance, joke

Last edited:
Worked out by actuaries. Statistically higher risk and also a way of insurance companies re couping losses indirectly. Bit of a stitch up imv

Worked out by actuaries. Statistically higher risk and also a way of insurance companies re couping losses indirectly. Bit of a stitch up imv

A massive stitch up if your the innocent party, insurance companies couldn't give a f**k.

Back