Fill Holes In Walls

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This may sound like a silly question

But I need to fill some holes in a brick wall (internal) but I also need to drill into it after

Ive used normal filler and after a while it just crumbles to dust so I need something that goes rock hard that I can drill and plug that will last :)
What do you think ?

What about that chemical metal ?

Ive use that to fill holes left from rawbolts it says it can be drilled although ive never tried that.

Ive used chemical anchor to anchor the bolts into brick instead of using rawl bolt for my sat dish. Dunno if you can drill it but it fills the holes

sent from 2 tin cans and some string

Cement in an icing bag maybe?

what do you need the second set of holes for? is it load bearing? and what covering? if its bare brick could you not just change the brick?

I have sorted it for now, I say for now because all I have done is put a bigger raw plug in it lol

I have a stair gate to stop dogs going upstairs

With 5 people opening and shutting its constantly the bottom seems to take the brunt of it

Maybe Next time use expansion bolts..will last forever..

I have sorted it for now, I say for now because all I have done is put a bigger raw plug in it lol

I have a stair gate to stop dogs going upstairs

With 5 people opening and shutting its constantly the bottom seems to take the brunt of it
Let me know next time, I get hold of all sorts of hilti / wurth anchors and chem fix stuff, my garage is a treasure trove lol

if theres a wall strip then maybe you could use some sealant behind that before you screw onto the wall? it just adds some support, can stop that small wiggling that leads to bits worming lose... its obviously not a heavy load that's causing the problems but the constant movement and vibrations.

You could screw a wooden batten to the wall first and stagger your screws in the wall to spread the load. Then you have some lovely new wood to screw your gate to @Rat. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking about it.....I think you should get rid of the stair gate..... just stand at the top of the stairs and have a water pistol.... every time the dogs come up squirt them,.... soon they won't wana go upstairs and then you don't need the stair gate....!!!
see thinking outside the box:)

You could screw a wooden batten to the wall first and stagger your screws in the wall to spread the load. Then you have some lovely new wood to screw your gate to @Rat. :)

Or just hammer a wooden dowl into the hole and screw into that :)

Thumbs up for epoxy resin from me. I use it for fixing large (1.5m) satellite dishes to those horrible air bricks they use here. First time it was demo-ed to me I couldn't believe how strong it was. You fill the hole with the stuff, then pop in a threaded dowel (bolt with no head!)- leave it for ten minutes or so to set. In the 'demo', one of the studs didn't quite align with the mounting plate, the guy used a seriously big hammer to bend the stud & I was convinced something would give- either the epoxy or even the brick- but no, the stud (10mm dia) obligingly bent and bracket/dish duly fitted. That was about 8 years ago & it's still there.
My stuff comes in a tube the same as silicon sealant, and the mixing is done in the nozzle. You can buy extra nozzles if you don't use the whole tube up in one go.

By putting a batten on the wall it spreads the load more rather than a dowel in a wall. :)
It doesn't spread the load more then fixing it to the actual concrete wall ,silly @miggy :D

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back