Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ferguson ariva 120hd

Hey Iba I've a multisat set up my self. 13, 19 and 28. I use it with the DM800. How does the Ariva handle the multisat setup? and whats your set like? Have you any luck with 26east. Can you squeeze 16 in?

Hi,

It works grand. I have Sats 28, 26, 23, 19 and 13 - dish is centered on 26. Using a Triax 88cm dish. Nothing on 16 that I would watch.

Regards

Hi, did you get this sorted?
I have 2 boxes as well and when I upgrade the channel list on the second box with an abs dump from the first box it clones the mac address and the ip address as well.
So I have manually changed these and it works.

interested to know if anyone else has this issue or is there a way to get the channels only.

Hi all,

I have 2 of these boxes and am using the 2 boxes on a multi room sub.

My problem is when i view one box the other freezes and visa - versa. Can anyone help me with this?

I have e-mailed the supplier of the sub to no avail thus far. Could it be anything to do with DHCP, IP addresses, Mac addresses???
The line connects in both boxes but will freeze when other box is swithched on.

If i am breaking forum rules i apologise and feel free delete this post. Id appreciate a pm if i am if anyone has a solution to my problem.

Thanks

Hi Getoffthepot,

Yes I got this sorted with great difficulty a couple of weeks back and it was precisely as you had described.
I was putting a channel list on the fathers box and without realising it had the same ip and mac i turned the dhcp off and set static ip's on both boxes and changed a few figures in the mac address and viola, it worked a charm!!! I was just messing around with settings on the box as it was annoying me badly at the time. It does freeze every so often, but nowhere like it did. It is most likely that my internet (3 Broadband with the Huewei B683 router) is not up to the task properly, yet it is great for watching the same footie on 2 different tv's without an argument!!!

I sincerely hope other people with the same problem will find use for this solution to this annoying problem. Just remember to change back IP & Mac addresses AFTER you dump a new channel list from one Ariva to the other!!!!

Hi,
Has everyone been able to tune in BT Sport & Setanta after the frequency change?
I got BT but have low signal intensity on the Setanta channels and can't tune them in..

Type this into gogle (I don't think I'm allowed to name a site on here):

A120Combo_20130111_V2.18B6_patch

Hi, has anyone had this issue before. I have set up the box with a Cline using V2.18B6 firmware. set the box to have automatic DHCP and get an IP address. Then the channel are unscrambled and it works fine. Then after a while I loose the channels (don't know why). If I reset the box I get the channels back. If I go back into edit the settings autoconnect is on but when I click login I get "login failed". Any help will be appreciated

Hi Butters, when you download the channel list it has no file extension. Do I need to rename the file and add .abs at the end of the file name?
Finally got a chance to play around with my parents Ariva 120 and organized a channel list. It's not perfect but I'd say its about 95% complete.

Have a read of my post here for installation instructions. Again it was created on Firmware 2.15B5 so you should make sure you're on that also.

The favorites list are organized Sly style, the 'General' favorite list contains Saorview (which you may need to retune for your local transmitter) and the common FTA channels.

Firmware 2.15B5 Patched
Channel List August 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dec, did you find a way to fix this issue? I have the same problem at the moment.
Hi, First off thanks cuebase and Butters for all the tutorials on this thread - received my box the other day and had 2.15b5 patched and cline added in a matter of minutes and everything seemed to work really well.

I set the cam to auto start and turning on the box everything works well - problem is if I am watching terrestrial or one of the free sat channels for a prolonged period (more than 30 mins) and then go to a S*y channel, it shows as scrambled (the CAM had stopped). When I go to start the cam, I get a logon failed message. I have to restart the box and then all works again.

Is there a setting somewhere that disabled the cam if not used?

Hello, first off all thanks to everyone for there vaulable input and knowledge on this trend. Because of this I have been able to Update my Ariva 120 Combo. I have run into what I hope is a small and easily fixed problem. what I have done to date is as follows:
-Factory reset the box,
-I downgraded from Firmware 2.15B8 to 2.15B5
-updated allshares via USB. (All channels working: multi :))

Channels were not organised so I updated my channels list via usb.
The list I downloaded from this Forum but cannot find the relavant page again. I do remember it was dated Nov 12

All my channels have now gone and when I try to login to CCCam I get a message saying login failed.

So my questions are:
1. Do I need to do a full re-scan of channels?
2. Will a re-scan sort out the CCCAM Login problem?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Hello, first off all thanks to everyone for there vaulable input and knowledge on this trend. Because of this I have been able to Update my Ariva 120 Combo. I have run into what I hope is a small and easily fixed problem. what I have done to date is as follows:
-Factory reset the box,
-I downgraded from Firmware 2.15B8 to 2.15B5
-updated allshares via USB. (All channels working: multi :))

Channels were not organised so I updated my channels list via usb.
The list I downloaded from this Forum but cannot find the relavant page again. I do remember it was dated Nov 12

All my channels have now gone and when I try to login to CCCam I get a message saying login failed.

So my questions are:
1. Do I need to do a full re-scan of channels?
2. Will a re-scan sort out the CCCAM Login problem?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Hi Anthony,

1. When you lose all channels the Ariva doesn't allow you to leave the menu, because naturally enough there is no channels.
Do a blind scan of the satellite/s you wish to view through the installation menu, or quicker still use butters latest channel list posted
a couple of pages back, but again if you use his channel list ensure you are using the correct software version
2. Get 1. sorted then worry about 2.

Hi Jay5296,

Thank you for your reply, I had in the meantime got all my channels back. I upgraded firmware to V2.15B8 again and I was then able to log into CCCam.
I am however looking for a channels list compatible with this firmware. All list on here appear to be for V2.15b5. Any suggestions?

Yeah, finding support on the Ariva isn't as easy as finding support/bouquets/channel lists as say on a Dreambox. And having to use channel lists compatible with certain
firmware can be a pain. Fair play to Butters for putting the channel lists together. He obviously did it using the 2.15b5 firmware.
If you were to read back through the whole of this thread...(yeah know its long) you would find that most people would agree that this firmware (2.15b5) seems the most
stable, hence this is why most or all channel lists are based on it. I haven't come across any lists for that version (2.15b8) but it is possible to create your own using Ariva Editor or Setedit 100hd. This was discussed on page 29 of the thread
Regards

Hi folks. I'm just enquiring and I'm not entirely sure if I have the right thread but I couldn't find a more appropriate one. I have an Ariva 220 combo box and I'm curious about cline etc. Firstly, is it possible to flash my box and get a line etc? I'm a complete novice when it comes to this kind of thing and I'm wondering if there is a cost to getting a line and what you get with this line etc? I apologise if I'm breaking rules of forum. Delete if so. Just looking for some guidance and would appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi Guys, First of all I would like to say thanks for all the useful information that I found on this thread, especially to cuebase and Butters.
Up until yesterday i had no idea that my Ariva 120 had such potential !!.
I have now flashed firmware 2.15B5 and I found a test c-line.
Everything seemed to be fine except for a few display issues, the odd skip and freeze but its not too bad.
My test line has now stopped (after 4 hours :( ) I don't know if this was a fault or that I was cut off.
but now that I have received another new test line from a different provider, it keeps saying "log-in failed".. Is this just a case of bad luck? or is there something wrong?
I have read that n-lines are more reliable than c-lines ? but honestly i'm a noob and don't know the difference.
Finally could anyone recommend a good provider as there are so many to choose from.
Thanks in advance :Biggrin2:.

Hi all
I need a bit f help please, I have been tasked with hooking up a Ferguson ariva 120 for a mate of mine how do I get into the ddns settings to put in my line address it found the ip address I have written in my user name but cant access the password or ddns type
I would greatly appreciate some assistance
Regards
D

Back