ferguson ariva 120hd

Installation > Single Satellite Search>
Network search - yes
Scan mode - Blind scan
Search
It's then a matter of going through the channel list on the satellite you searched to find the channels you want.
I am on 2.15B8
here is a channel list for 2.15B8 which means you shouldn't have to scan if you use it.
Download Dec13 Dump File Ariva 120SKYUKIRL 15B8 abs
Best of luck

Hi mate any chance of re upload. File got deleted.

I am on a steep learning curve when it comes to card sharing and I have spent the last three hours reading through this thread. I have previously tinkered with accessing free cable tv by FTPing to my Dreambox 500C until Nagra3 brought that to a sudden halt to this practice. Ever since I have just availed of FTA with a Ferguson Ariva 120 and now going to take a leap in the share world.

Below are the steps I believe I need to do to get up and running, please correct me if I am wrong.

- I have the firmware (A120Combo_20110808_2.15B5_patch.abs) to patch my Ferguson Ariva 120 receiver, which should then install ccCam and Newcamd
- I have a 120mb fibre power broadband connection with the router sitting next to receiver and intend to connect via an ethernet cable.
- I then need to Copy/Paste the cline information that I will receive from a provider to a UNIX text editor (Terminal for me as I am on a Mac) and a file called allshares.dat. I am not too sure how to load this to the receiver, do I FTP via a null modem cable or through the software install on the menu path?

Sorry for the multiple questions but any assistance or guidance would be really appreciated.

Also if I am not breaching any forum rules I would appreciate if someone could send me PM to recommend a server.

Last edited:
Re: ferguson ariva 120hd / 250

hi Cuebase first of all i want to thank you in advance for your excellent instructions as to how to set up the cccam on the ferguson 120 stb. you made it so much easier to get it up and running. a little off topic here but i cant pm you for some reason i was just wondering if you had any knowlege of the Sab Unix receiver as i was thinking of purchasing one because they sound like an impressive stb. if you know of this box or if there good or how to set them up for cccam etc id be greatful if you could make it as easy as the ferguson. thanks in advance

You can manually enter the newcamd or cccam line instead of an allshares.dat file and uploading it. That method did not work for me no matter how i tried so i entered it in manually. My 2 Ariva 120s working away great that way.

When I try to load an N-line using the allshares.dat method via a USB it does not configure correctly.

It seems the requirement for two server ports to be populated throws the formatting out of sequence. I then reverted to loading via the menu path → Tools→Network Settings→Newcamd and load via the remote but still have problems with a login failed.

I think the issue relates to the requirement for two server fields to be populated but when you receive N-line login details it is in the format of : url - server port - username-password-des key

Has anyone encountered the same issue that can advise how to get around this problem.

I can load ccCam servers but find that they tend to lag on the HD channels

Any assistance with this would be appreciated as it is doing my head in.

Last edited:
Hi There,

I am looking for some trouble shooting assistance on setting up my Ariva120

- I have already patched the STB
- I have loaded a Dumpfile with the channels.
- I have a network connection as I get an STB has an IP confirmation when I reboot
- DHCP is switched to on in the network setting and I can see an IP has generated.
- I am connected via homeplugs and I can see when I log into my router that the mac address tied to the STB is visible on my home network.
- I have tried multiple test lines, both c lines for ccCam & n lines for Newcamd but always receive a login failed error.
- I have loaded these lines using the all shares.dat method via a USB and also manually inputting via the remote and each time I receive a login fail error.

On the Newcamd config screen I get a successful ping when to the providers URL.
I have auto login set to always on.

I have trawled through multiple forums and had some great assistance from line providers to get up and running. Unfortunately most of the line providers are not too familiar with these STBs and can only give me some general trouble shooting assistance.

I can PM you some screenshots of my Network local Settings/ccCam/Newcamd/ configuration screens if this will help.

My latest suspicion is that I have a damaged allshare.dat file. The reason I say this is that I am on a Mac which does not have the notepad app within its OS and I have been editing/creating .dat files using Textedit on the Mac. I now understand that it is possible to edit a .dat file but not create using the Textedit app. I am wondering is this causing some conflict to the file structure?
Is it possible to view the file structure if I ftp to the STB via a null modem cable or should I look at doing complete restore using RS232 cable?
I know this is a shot in the dark and a fair drastic measure but I do not know what else it could be.

I had the STB working previously as the first time that I loaded a c line was by somebody sending me the allshare.dat file as part of a setup instruction pack. I have reinstalled the patched firmware A120Combo_20120625_V2.18B4_patch.abs and also the previous 2.15B5 but still no luck.

I am the whole week trying to figure out what the issue is so I would be grateful if anyone reading this could offer and suggestions what my next steps should be other then f*ucking it against the wall and buying a more mainstream STB ?

Thanks,
DufferCork

Why dont you type in the line info.
I have newcamd client & 2.15B5
DHCP is off so using a static ip
Need to switch off unit and just restart with remote

Excellent getoffthepot,

When I turned DHCP off I was able to load the ccCam test line on my mates box.

I understood from every thread that I read that DHCP was to be switch on.

Why dont you type in the line info.
I have newcamd client & 2.15B5
DHCP is off so using a static ip
Need to switch off unit and just restart with remote

Sorry I didn't reply I was not at home so no internet access, glad your sorted, Getofthepot is very knowledgeable about those Arivas I was stumped for hours until 2 guys sorted me out, the red button gets into the server menu's handy tip
Regards
D

Hope anyone can help, I'm trying to set up a manual input Newcamd client on my Ariva 120 as the allshres.dat file wont load correctly. The N-Line I have does work on another box but the Ariva is looking for a second port number? I have i set to '0' but log in fails. It will Ping successfully ok. It has the latest Patch and tried a test C-Line using CCCam and that worked fine but when i want to use my already pruchased N-Line I have this problem. Help! Everything is in correctly, URL, Port one( I assume the one on the left is port one) has the Port number in it, the second port is '0', user name and password are correct, and Des key in fine. Set to auto log on. If I put the same port number in the second port box and try to log in it will attempt but fail log in. Logging in with a number in the second port will only fail immediatly asking for the second port to be filled in. Any help please, I'm at the endo of my rope. Remember C-line using CCCCam works fine as unscrambles channels so IP etc all fine. Thanks :) Newbie

Hope anyone can help, I'm trying to set up a manual input Newcamd client on my Ariva 120 as the allshres.dat file wont load correctly. The N-Line I have does work on another box but the Ariva is looking for a second port number? I have i set to '0' but log in fails. It will Ping successfully ok. It has the latest Patch and tried a test C-Line using CCCam and that worked fine but when i want to use my already pruchased N-Line I have this problem. Help! Everything is in correctly, URL, Port one( I assume the one on the left is port one) has the Port number in it, the second port is '0', user name and password are correct, and Des key in fine. Set to auto log on. If I put the same port number in the second port box and try to log in it will attempt but fail log in. Logging in with a number in the second port will only fail immediatly asking for the second port to be filled in. Any help please, I'm at the endo of my rope. Remember C-line using CCCCam works fine as unscrambles channels so IP etc all fine. Thanks :) Newbie

The server port goes in twice, have a loot at this previous post in the thread for reference. Also when you have all your details entered sometimes a reboot is required.

Are you getting an IP address on your box when you boot up?

Hi Butters, thanks for the reply. Yes, am getting a ip on book up, message pops up to say so. I did try putting the same port number in the second box and can see it attempting to log in, eventually fails. I will try putting in the same port number in the 2nd box, exit out before trying to log in and do a reboot like you suggested as I didn't try that! Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how I get on anyway, won't be for a few hours as at work!! Thanks a million!

Me again, just noticed he CA type 1 NDS is shaded in in mine? and where it says NDS in the post link photo you gave me, mine says UNKNOWN, I suppose it will correct itself when i try the reboot? Thanks

Hi Butters, hope you see this, tried it like you said, putting the same port number in the second box, exited out and restarted, still failed. Would it be anything to do with the CA Type like I mentioned above being shaded out and UNKNOWN? It is really odd, like I mentioned using a test C-Line it worked perfectly using CCCam and get valid IP message on start up, just having this problem with Newcamd. I will try tonight when I get home and wipe and start from scratch. Any suggestions welcome, especially about why the CA Type is shaded? Many thanks again :) P.S. N-Line def works as borrowed it from another box I have(thats switched off and good up to four boxes at same IP).

Back