ferguson ariva 120hd

Hi Iba
The question is not subscription related. I need to know if the patch 2.15B5* has any known issues with intermittent freezing on the Ariva 120 ComboHD.
Thanks

No it has no freezing issues as such but if you tell me what sub you are using that can explain the problem.

When you say subscription do you mean what card am i using? I have flashed it so that i do not need a card...
regards

Hi all,

New enough to the Ariva and Cardsharing, I've done a lot of searching and have waded through posts and managed to get myself up and running, I have searched all the channels etc, have used a cline to test and its all working, the problem I have is when I scan Im missing channels for example, all the s$y movies channels, when I try manually add them in the TP search I have the frequency but I am only getting SI 44% SQ 10%, this is only on certain frequencies all the others are SI 86% and SQ 77%.

Has anyone else come across this problem ? Does my dish need adjusting etc, with the test cline s$y sports works fine etc so Im not really sure where to go from here.

Any help would be great thanks

When you say subscription do you mean what card am i using? I have flashed it so that i do not need a card...
regards

I have read the n-lines work better than c-lines

Hi all,

New enough to the Ariva and Cardsharing, I've done a lot of searching and have waded through posts and managed to get myself up and running, I have searched all the channels etc, have used a cline to test and its all working, the problem I have is when I scan Im missing channels for example, all the s$y movies channels, when I try manually add them in the TP search I have the frequency but I am only getting SI 44% SQ 10%, this is only on certain frequencies all the others are SI 86% and SQ 77%.

Has anyone else come across this problem ? Does my dish need adjusting etc, with the test cline s$y sports works fine etc so Im not really sure where to go from here.

Any help would be great thanks

Sounds like an alignment issue. My internet is not working graet right now so I can post a link/give exact details but what I suggest is to do a google for the weakest transponder/station on Astra 28 and then move your dish/tune in your box to that.

EG suppose BBC1 is on the weakest transponder/is the weakest station. So turn on BBC1 and when you get a good quality pic on that then you have your dish aligned good.

Hope that makes sense but if not come back to me.

My internet is back. Scan on this station:

Astra 2F at 28.2°E Channel 5 10964 H 22000

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/369816/

Thanks Iba,

The scan on that one works fine SI 86% SQ 77%, picks up the channels and all working fine, Im trying to work out the weakest one done a few googles but stuck, will keep looking.

You think its an alignment issue - moving the dish to get the signal better the only option for this I guess ?

When you say for example BBC is the weakest so move it to tune to that, the problem I have is that I cant find the channels to begin with if that makes sense ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iba,

The scan on that one works fine SI 86% SQ 77%, picks up the channels and all working fine, Im trying to work out the weakest one done a few googles but stuck, will keep looking.

You think its an alignment issue - moving the dish to get the signal better the only option for this I guess ?

When you say for example BBC is the weakest so move it to tune to that, the problem I have is that I cant find the channels to begin with if that makes sense ?

Sorry that Im not expalining this very well but have on your TV screen the above Transponder for Channell 5. You say you are getting 86 and 77 for it but I believe that you can get 90 and 77, so your dish is just a mm off. So move the dish a mm or two and see i that brings it up to 90. Move it left and right and up and down. Also skew the LNB a bit, probably a little to the left. Once you have this transponder tuned in correct, then all the oethers shoudl be okay because this is the wekest one.

Thanks Iba,

Sorry that Im not expalining this very well but have on your TV screen the above Transponder for Channell 5. You say you are getting 86 and 77 for it but I believe that you can get 90 and 77, so your dish is just a mm off. So move the dish a mm or two and see i that brings it up to 90. Move it left and right and up and down. Also skew the LNB a bit, probably a little to the left. Once you have this transponder tuned in correct, then all the oethers shoudl be okay because this is the wekest one.

I have it sorted im now getting all the stations thanks for the help - new problem now though Login Failed on cccam :/ ... Its prob against rules to say which one Im using but is there anywhere I can test my line or port ? It was working :(

I have it sorted im now getting all the stations thanks for the help - new problem now though Login Failed on cccam :/ ... Its prob against rules to say which one Im using but is there anywhere I can test my line or port ? It was working :(

Are you sure you have an internet connection - check the weather forecast or try pinging the server

Delete a message from ur inbox so that I can PM you

Last edited:
Are you sure you have an internet connection - check the weather forecast or try pinging the server

Delete a message from ur inbox so that I can PM you

Pretty sure I have a connection, DHCP is on, STB recieves and IP (I know this might just be from the router) I have pinged the server from my laptop fine, is there a way to ping from the box or test my connection from the box, been through the menus but cant see a way.

I have tried to telnet to the server on the port but this fails so Im not sure if its an error there.

PMs deleted, thanks for the help

I think you have to have x amount of posts in the forum before your mailbox becomes bigger

All up and running Iba thanks for the help you wont believe it but the password I was entering was spelled wrong, on the mail I got the font has a capital I and lower case l the exact same so I was using ll instead of Il ha silly but working now :)

You wouldnt have a decent channel list by any chance ? Im still missing a few stations but for the most part everything is now good - thanks for the help :)

All up and running Iba thanks for the help you wont believe it but the password I was entering was spelled wrong, on the mail I got the font has a capital I and lower case l the exact same so I was using ll instead of Il ha silly but working now :)

You wouldnt have a decent channel list by any chance ? Im still missing a few stations but for the most part everything is now good - thanks for the help :)

Glad you got it working.

No I dont have a list coz I have a multi-sat set-up.

Butters has a good one though just for Astra if you are using the same firmware.

To get stations that your missing go to Kingofsat and just add in the transponders

BTW when you do a scan, do a blind scan IMO

Hey Iba I've a multisat set up my self. 13, 19 and 28. I use it with the DM800. How does the Ariva handle the multisat setup? and whats your set like? Have you any luck with 26east. Can you squeeze 16 in?
Glad you got it working.

No I dont have a list coz I have a multi-sat set-up.

Butters has a good one though just for Astra if you are using the same firmware.

To get stations that your missing go to Kingofsat and just add in the transponders

BTW when you do a scan, do a blind scan IMO

Back