Eurovox 2 ??s

gravedigger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all and sorry if this has been asked before but is there any chance of getting caught by the CC.

I notice there are a lot of adverts on l8ly and dont wanna plug box in without being 100% sure.

Any info on this issue would be greatly apreciated.... Im more a Dbox man and know theres no talkback in the machine so fine using thewm but not sure with this silver beaut :)

gravedigger said:
Hi all and sorry if this has been asked before but is there any chance of getting caught by the CC.

I notice there are a lot of adverts on l8ly and dont wanna plug box in without being 100% sure.

Any info on this issue would be greatly apreciated.... Im more a Dbox man and know theres no talkback in the machine so fine using thewm but not sure with this silver beaut :)
Dont wont about it mate, Eurovox dont have talkback, all these adds you see are just scare tactics to put you off, youll be ok...I you do sub to a CC, make sure you dont switch of your sub box, as this needs to talk to the CC to let them know that you are watching something at least, if you remove it completely, it wont talk back to the CC and they will think , Hang on, why is this bloke paying for someting , when he is not using it. best way to do this is via a cable splitter...hope this helps

johnny bravo said:
Dont wont about it mate, Eurovox dont have talkback, all these adds you see are just scare tactics to put you off, youll be ok...I you do sub to a CC, make sure you dont switch of your sub box, as this needs to talk to the CC to let them know that you are watching something at least, if you remove it completely, it wont talk back to the CC and they will think , Hang on, why is this bloke paying for someting , when he is not using it. best way to do this is via a cable splitter...hope this helps

What do you mean by "Sub"??? You've got me panicking now!

Do you mean keep your paying box on? Split it to another room or something? Didnt think of that, better get it out of the cupboard! Eek!

akki007 said:
What do you mean by "Sub"??? You've got me panicking now!
when i said "sub", i mean the one the CC have given you,

akki007 said:
Do you mean keep your paying box on? Split it to another room or something? Didnt think of that, better get it out of the cupboard! Eek!

yes, it is a good idea to keep that on, now and then and generally flick through a few channels, as this gives the impression to the CC that you are actually watching the "SUB" box...ie, when it talks back to the CC, you must have noticed the green light on your box flickering on and off, thats the box talking back to the CC......

johnny bravo said:

Ok thanks for the reply, im not sure splitting the cable is a good idea as i have Broadband running from it too. would 2 many splits impare signal or bandwidth on broad band is is this the general procedure that every1 follows or is this what just makes you happy bro.

Too be honest i wondered what would happen CC box not being plugged in as the talkback feature on there box wouldnt tell them shit if not plugged in; and as you said they may be thinking why pay subscription if box is not bein used.

Hmm. now im wondering

Any1 else have any views on this issue, id like to know what Liam Or Gav do :))

gravedigger said:
Ok thanks for the reply, im not sure splitting the cable is a good idea as i have Broadband running from it too. would 2 many splits impare signal or bandwidth on broad band is is this the general procedure that every1 follows or is this what just makes you happy bro.

Too be honest i wondered what would happen CC box not being plugged in as the talkback feature on there box wouldnt tell them shit if not plugged in; and as you said they may be thinking why pay subscription if box is not bein used.

Hmm. now im wondering

Any1 else have any views on this issue, id like to know what Liam Or Gav do :))
you only have to split it from the sub box that youhave, its got nothing to do with your broadband, ie , you see the cable screwed into sub box, basically you split that into two, one end into the sub box and one end into the eurovox...hope this has eased your mind.........well thats my theory anyway,

as johnny bravo stated, if u have just a cable modem sub and you split the signal theres no probs the CC will not find out that ur using the box, as far as they know u are just using ur cable modem!

if you have a subbed box you will need to split your signal, as stated above the subbed box 'talksback' to the CC and they will wonder why ur paying for a sub when ur box isnt even being used.

Liam and gave have a special connections they have the greenboxs in the back gardens! lol ;)

:BLOBBY: :BLOBBY: :BLOBBY:

hope that clears things up for u.

Back