Motorway middle-lane hoggers to face on-the-spot fines

Ah but I never said I hog the middle lane,you did,and in doing so cast aspersions on my driving,even though you said you could not :)

Therefore I cannot trust anything that you post as you have shown yourself to be untrustworthy,so for all I know you could be a middle lane hogger :D

no you didn't mate, call it sitting in the middle lane or hogging ,they are putting a stop to both :LOL: they will be fined , i couldn't care less tbh, on there heads be it

I agree middle lane hogging and tail gating need to be delt with.

However giving police that much more power is idotic, most of them are already jumped up neds.

Is this a copy and paste from the Highway Code ? Surely it should read "inside lane".:err:

Might explain a few accidents though.:)

Correct and delete this post, if you want, shouldn't think too many watching at the mo.:)

Nope, it wasn't the highway code, although I can see from my comment it appeared to indicate it was......

I was testing you all with the movement from the outside lane ;)

Saying that I did type it on my ipad after a few pints.....

I agree middle lane hogging and tail gating need to be delt with.

However giving police that much more power is idotic, most of them are already jumped up neds.

So how can it get sorted out joe if the plod cannot get involved?.

IMO bye collecting evidence and taking it to court's,

Employ more decent officers instead of just classing people as gulity before court - which is what a FPN is imo.

Also if you take it to court when you get a FPN you wouldn't be entitled to legal aid. But if you get a court summons you would be.

So how can it get sorted out joe if the plod cannot get involved?.

In all honesty, you have to ask the question why the police are not addressing it now given it's actually something that by all accounts should be enforced under current laws.

so why does it need a penalty to be able to do that.....

Are they also likely to enforce it more because there is a penalty attached?

Last edited:
In all honesty, you have to ask the question why the police are not addressing it now given it's actually something that by all accounts should be enforced now....under current laws.

so why does it need a penalty to be able to do that.....

Are they also likely to enforce it more because there is a penalty attached?

Good question Exos, the Police will obviously be on bonus when this Law comes out after all it's your word against there's when it comes to hogging lanes. You would think with today's technology they could come up with a gadget that actually times how long you have been in the middle lane for. Tot up the points after a month or more and if you have exceeded these points then a verbal warning leading to a fine is more than enough. You don't need the plod scattered all over motorways looking for hoggers the wages for this will be ridiculous.

As said above , police already have the power to prosecute middle lane hoggers & tailgaters. This is just to generate more money from motorists.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

aye but why is he hogging the middle lane if the inside one is free? lets say its 3am in the morning & the motorway is empty, would he still hog the middle lane ? also the middle lane is used for trucks to overtake as they cant go in the "fast" lane, i am over the moon that this has been brought in tbh, to many inconsiderate drivers about now, i hope this makes the motorways run smoother

Just catching up.........

Am I really reading that,......... no, can't be right !..:excited:

One factor not mentioned. I used to do a lot of night driving with very light traffic.

Unless I see traffic from behind, I use the middle lane, because crap can fall off lorries which mainly use the inside lane.

I used the inside lane until I hit part of a lorry tyre casing, almost invisible at speed, which did a lot of damage.

Seems, I have to use the inside lane in future, but I won' like it.

One factor not mentioned. I used to do a lot of night driving with very light traffic.

Unless I see traffic from behind, I use the middle lane, because crap can fall off lorries which mainly use the inside lane.

I used the inside lane until I hit part of a lorry tyre casing, almost invisible at speed, which did a lot of damage.

what a odd thing to say, the crap could land in any of the 3 lanes as could the tyre casing

Thank fook this thread is NOT about rocket science :whistle:

Thats it...don't get me started on rockets hogging the middle lane..the other night when i was off to the moon....lmao

I tend to find and I am I sure I have also read that inside is usually cleaner due to higher volume of traffic picking up an debris.

Just flew up the M60 and back my goodness keeping to the inside lane is almost impossible unless you like driving behind trucks. The term weaver bird is an understatement. I was out of one lane to the middle then back in. It's total bollox and it won't work. :(

Just flew up the M60 and back my goodness keeping to the inside lane is almost impossible unless you like driving behind trucks. The term weaver bird is an understatement. I was out of one lane to the middle then back in. It's total bollox and it won't work. :(

well that's me off the road miggy has a car to flipping dangerous now lol

Back