ebays are 100% fake!

Lol This thread has made me chuckle a little.
points that made me laugh
1. Dream Multi is copyright and these are fake - lmfao lots and lots. I think youll find that TW content and N*L content is protected by similar laws
2. The stringent checks - Thrown into the box along with the rest.... (Just my opinion of course) also anyone who pays the extra£££ for these "Checks" do you have a Dbox2 ?? Hmmm

The chap in Question is John. I have been at his house. I have purchased from him. I have also purchased from dvb24. And i have had as many issues with the "origional" as i have with the "Fakes". And i can also add that this very chap sorted out the probs on my origional by telling me about the Disable Fast channel changing trick and also the hardware error trick.

So he's ok in my book. Didnt pay anything like the prices quoated on here lol. But hey i suppose thats the benifit of living near John/kev. I have no association with the bloke nor his buisness but just thought that id add a view from another buyer to the debate.

Lol This thread has made me chuckle a little.
points that made me laugh
1. Dream Multi is copyright and these are fake - lmfao lots and lots. I think youll find that TW content and N*L content is protected by similar laws
2. The stringent checks - Thrown into the box along with the rest.... (Just my opinion of course) also anyone who pays the extra£££ for these "Checks" do you have a Dbox2 ?? Hmmm

The chap in Question is John. I have been at his house. I have purchased from him. I have also purchased from dvb24. And i have had as many issues with the "origional" as i have with the "Fakes". And i can also add that this very chap sorted out the probs on my origional by telling me about the Disable Fast channel changing trick and also the hardware error trick.

So he's ok in my book. Didnt pay anything like the prices quoated on here lol. But hey i suppose thats the benifit of living near John/kev. I have no association with the bloke nor his buisness but just thought that id add a view from another buyer to the debate.

lmfao at you

"1. Dream Multi is copyright and these are fake - lmfao lots and lots. I think youll find that TW content and N*L content is protected by similar laws"

nobody on here is selling NTL or Telewest services or using their names, it's up to the owner of the box if they use it illegally or legally, their risk..
In my opinion, others may differ is that john/kev or whoever, is "selling" a product clearly fake under an international brands name..

Last edited:
lmfao at you

"1. Dream Multi is copyright and these are fake - lmfao lots and lots. I think youll find that TW content and N*L content is protected by similar laws"

nobody on here is selling NTL or Telewest services or using their names, it's up to the owner of the box if they use it illegally or legally, their risk..

Your bum chum john/kev or whoever, is "selling" a product clearly fake under an international brands name..

No need to personally attack me dude.
Like i say he's not my mate he just lives near me. I got in contact when i saw his ad on egay. Realised that he lived no more than 1 mile away so in the event of any faults or fires then i have somewhere to go unless he moves ofcourse.
Why the flame ? I just added my opinion. Its a take it or leave it kind of thing with opinions in the adult world anyway.

Also the ref to TW and N*L was legitimate in the fact that someone who is ripping off there property can then be high and mighty about copyright.

Now i will take the adult view that your previous insult/flame was indeed not intended and i accept your apology without the need for you to post it.:grab:

Opinions are like a/holes evrey fooker has one....

No need to personally attack me dude.
Like i say he's not my mate he just lives near me. I got in contact when i saw his ad on egay. Realised that he lived no more than 1 mile away so in the event of any faults or fires then i have somewhere to go unless he moves ofcourse.
Why the flame ? I just added my opinion. Its a take it or leave it kind of thing with opinions in the adult world anyway.

Also the ref to TW and N*L was legitimate in the fact that someone who is ripping off there property can then be high and mighty about copyright.

Now i will take the adult view that your previous insult/flame was indeed not intended and i accept your apology without the need for you to post it.:grab:

Opinions are like a/holes evrey fooker has one....

lmfao to one of my posts, well i'll take that as a personal insult then, so i will not bother with apology, as we shall just call it even in insults.

I to live close to kevin/john and dealt with him and his fakes, and now don`t even own a dreambox due to the nature of whats real or not....i'll happily pay for sky now , I just update peoples dreamboxes for a hobby

Hmm ok Banger_UK i may have laughed at your post but never insulted you. Calling someone a "Bumboy" is rather insulting but hey ho you and i are chatting to a pc screen so it matters not. We are all here to try to help one another and not to insult each other. Have no idea what the seller done that was wrong as he informed me via e-mail that they were not gen hence a reduced fee was negotiated.

Like i say im not here to argue geezer. I dont have any intrest in the bloke really. Just pointing out that in my dealings with him he was straight from the get go. And the possability is there for peeps to get a cheaper "Decoder" if they converse with the seller. As others have said some people prefer to have the protection that buying from an established company brings.

Absolutely no hard feelings m8. Its just sometimes (not referring to you) people are happy to break copyright ect ect when it suits them. But they then turn into moral gaurdians when someone does something similar that they dont aggree with.

I think the whole point im trying to put accross is I have traded with this guy and was happy with how the deal went and saved a few quid into the bargin. Happy with the product thanks in part to his tips and thanks in huge part to the image modders on here. Also that the issues that have plagued the dreambox are the very same as the ones that affect the fakes. The 2 "tricks" i mentioned do actually seem to cure the signal problems, fook knows why lol. These fixes have already been posted on here by others and im sure they have helped many. Have notice on cryo's image that you dont have to do this nor is the option there to do so. But as always with cryo the man has come good yet again with the most stable image ive seen on these box's.

Like i say no hard feelings mate. We shall agree to differ."hug" :emotions1

Hmm ok Banger_UK i may have laughed at your post but never insulted you. Calling someone a "Bumboy" is rather insulting but hey ho you and i are chatting to a pc screen so it matters not. We are all here to try to help one another and not to insult each other. Have no idea what the seller done that was wrong as he informed me via e-mail that they were not gen hence a reduced fee was negotiated.

Like i say im not here to argue geezer. I dont have any intrest in the bloke really. Just pointing out that in my dealings with him he was straight from the get go. And the possability is there for peeps to get a cheaper "Decoder" if they converse with the seller. As others have said some people prefer to have the protection that buying from an established company brings.

Absolutely no hard feelings m8. Its just sometimes (not referring to you) people are happy to break copyright ect ect when it suits them. But they then turn into moral gaurdians when someone does something similar that they dont aggree with.

I think the whole point im trying to put accross is I have traded with this guy and was happy with how the deal went and saved a few quid into the bargin. Happy with the product thanks in part to his tips and thanks in huge part to the image modders on here. Also that the issues that have plagued the dreambox are the very same as the ones that affect the fakes. The 2 "tricks" i mentioned do actually seem to cure the signal problems, fook knows why lol. These fixes have already been posted on here by others and im sure they have helped many. Have notice on cryo's image that you dont have to do this nor is the option there to do so. But as always with cryo the man has come good yet again with the most stable image ive seen on these box's.

Like i say no hard feelings mate. We shall agree to differ."hug" :emotions1

fairs do's my post shall be ammended accordingly

@Diddy.i think that the majority of peoples main issue with the boxes bought from kev/john are that people thought they were buying a legit dreammultimedia 500c and not a fake/clone for the same price as an original. i have personally spoke to john over an issue with delivery and a non working box(box was replaced no problem) and i found him to be great and cant fault his customer service. My only gripe is i didnt get what i paid for, if i was to pay top whack for a ferrari i wouldnt expect to recieve a replica

@Diddy.i think that the majority of peoples main issue with the boxes bought from kev/john are that people thought they were buying a legit dreammultimedia 500c and not a fake/clone for the same price as an original. i have personally spoke to john over an issue with delivery and a non working box(box was replaced no problem) and i found him to be great and cant fault his customer service. My only gripe is i didnt get what i paid for, if i was to pay top whack for a ferrari i wouldnt expect to recieve a replica

Well lets be frank here, would you go looking on egay for a ferrari?
in all honesty, egay is such a cesspit that anybody who seriously thinks they are getting the real deal from an ebay trader IMO would better spend their time ########################################################################### (NO PERSONNAL COMMENTS NO MATTER HOW VEILED (ELLIE1998) ). :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lets be frank here, would you go looking on egay for a ferrari?
in all honesty, egay is such a cesspit that anybody who seriously thinks they are getting the real deal from an ebay trader IMO would better spend their time arranging a brain transplant as they must be seriously lacking in the grey matter area. :doh:

had plenty of stuff of ebay, like may other people and its been the real deal, only thing ever purchased of ebay thats been fake is 500c box.maybe the ferrari was a bit excessive but it was merely putting a point across and not meant literally.its like everything in life its the small percentage of bad traders/people that give it a bad name

the point i was making is you aint getting what your're paying for, its that simple even for ###########. (no personnal comments even veiled ones, this thread is getting out of hand (ellie1998) )

Last edited by a moderator:
If you cannot play nicely then I will close the thread.
Please read rule 9
-------------------------------------
Any member found making racist/religious and/or defamatory comments, inciting anger amongst members; thereby causing distress to them, or their families, WILL be banned.This includes shouting down members in the shoutbox
-------------------------------------

think it has been established that john/kev stuff is not from dream , does the same job though ,

the only fault i can see is that people did not know they were not original when they bought them , which is fair enough ,

but the back up from him when something goes wrong or you need advice is excellent ,

he certainly seems to have no problem inviting you to his house to pick goods up , so he has nothing to hide it would seem ,

if you were ripping folk off , as has beeen suggested , would you let them know were you stay , (not me)

i have bought from him before , and will no doubt buy from him again , obviously not at original price but my box from kev/john is doing everything an original does at the minute ,

cheers

think it has been established that john/kev stuff is not from dream , does the same job though ,

the only fault i can see is that people did not know they were not original when they bought them , which is fair enough ,

but the back up from him when something goes wrong or you need advice is excellent ,

he certainly seems to have no problem inviting you to his house to pick goods up , so he has nothing to hide it would seem ,

if you were ripping folk off , as has beeen suggested , would you let them know were you stay , (not me)

i have bought from him before , and will no doubt buy from him again , obviously not at original price but my box from kev/john is doing everything an original does at the minute ,

cheers

I wonder how long it will be before he gets nicked, if he is selling boxes with working images on then the cc will take him to court, they will go after the dealers. Selling fake boxes is one thing but to put on a working image and invite people around to collect is just plain stupid.

Now if you have brought from him and he does get nicked then all his ebay customers (people in this thread) might expect a knock on the door from the police after they access his ebay account and see who has brought this illegal box, you never know maybe they have this information already.

I wonder how much of a bargain it will seem then.

Frenchman

I wonder how long it will be before he gets nicked, if he is selling boxes with working images on then the cc will take him to court, they will go after the dealers. Selling fake boxes is one thing but to put on a working image and invite people around to collect is just plain stupid.

Now if you have brought from him and he does get nicked then all his ebay customers (people in this thread) might expect a knock on the door from the police after they access his ebay account and see who has brought this illegal box, you never know maybe they have this information already.

I wonder how much of a bargain it will seem then.

Frenchman

never bought it through ebay m8 .

you could say the same about m##shack that got busted few months ago, eveyone 's details on there that had d/l files and various other stuff , expect the knock on the door ,

pish , do you think the police are going to chap individual doors looking for dreams , doubt it , its as much a risk as buying from dvb ,because no one buys them to watch freeview , lets be honest

but i would agree , he takes a chance advertising with uk image , big risk's

Last edited:
I think it's a little different with the likes of DVB/satstore etc, the boxes they sell are not illegal in the eyes of the law because they contain no emu/keys etc so they would have no case to access their customers databse.

But because this ebay seller is including a fully working image he is asking to get caught (the CC regularly check ebay for this kind of thing) and he is inviting trouble on all he deals with.

Look at it this way every DM sold by this guy is set up to steal cable so they would go after them in my opinion.

I hope they don't but anyone who deals with people like this take a big risk

Frenchman

: multi : Just looked in after a night on the poker lol. Another good un BTW :eater:

Not seen his ad recently peeps and this is going to be my last on the matter as pointed earlier I really was just trying to point out that I had a decent time with the bloke and aftersales ect is fine. When i did buisness with him i didnt buy from his egay ad. I e-mailed him through ebay and went from there. Also he pointed out to myself that he states in all his ads that he will NOT supply a box with a working image on it. This is the condition i got mines in as i would rather flash it myself anyway.
Maybe he got careless with the wording of his ad ? Strange though because he seemed pretty clued up but there ye go.Like i say i really havent seen the ad (Or bothered to look)since before xmas, its just when i saw this thread and realised (After quite a while so i cant say im a good detective lol) that i had dealt with him.

Hope my info may help others : multi :

i think if the cc could have kev thy would have by now cant see them letting him continue to trade also look at the amount of people who sold dbox2 with images on didnt see them getting the collar felt, i think it would be too much for the cc to do anyting about all they could hope for is getting ebay to stop him.
also for people who are worried just keep checking ebay if younotice he is no longer registered now might just be the time to hide the box :ASSFLASH:

Last edited:
Im now getting worried because I bought one off ebay for 115+10p&p from a seller using the id serc444.

Anyone heard of this guy

Back