ebays are 100% fake!

its a fake going by what ive read up the copper colour round screws give it away anyway m8 check te hologram out if it says dream up or dream on or valid u have a winner, but the one i had displayed nothing

Last edited:
I think as long as we make people aware then its down to the individual whether they buy or not, their perogative. But personally I dont see the point as you're not saving anything. Even £50 is a lot of money to blow if the thing don't perform.

This is what this forum is about, looking out for each other.

I have attached a picture of my Dreambox 500c.
Can the Experts out there tell me if it is a fake?

I will then reveal where I purchased it from.

Looks fake to me, what do you think ?

No expert but from the fact that the card reader and the ethernet port match the original on the dream multimedia would be enough to make me think original but to be honest I have bought mine from dvb so know mine is original and not about to invalidate the warranty to compare with your picture.

I don't need to guess I buy from an authorised dealer.

No expert but from the fact that the card reader and the ethernet port match the original on the dream multimedia would be enough to make me think original but to be honest I have bought mine from dvb so know mine is original and not about to invalidate the warranty to compare with your picture.

I don't need to guess I buy from an authorised dealer.

Yeah but when you bought it did you know that they where an authorised dealer? I bought mine from jabs and i am very interested in finding out whether i have the real deal here, as coming from a shop like jabs i was expecting it to be real! There is a few things about this box that me me suspicious about it being a fake, and would be very angry if this were to be the case.

Its definetly fake, unbranded intel chip, one in pic only shows blue dot but there actually is writing on it. look at highlighted stuff which is from a brand new box from dvb in jan. these are only some of the differences

well i bought one from dvb still waiting for it, i just wanted to make sure :)

Ordered mine on saturday wasn't in wednesday when it arrived, redelivered thursday.

You should have recieved an email with a tracking number.

Enjoy the chocolates

come on then we give you our opinion ? but let me guess could it be kev lol

lol..........If they are not originals then surely that makes them fakes, no?

a member emailed Kev, and that was his reply , on the lines of the boxes aren`t fake ,they are high quality clones, a small search will find the thread

: big crow

It's actually one purchased of ebay from a guy in Hong Kong for £85 inc Delivery.

I took a risk out of curiosity and have come to the conclusion that there it has been worth it.
A very good 'fake'.
Works very well, and if it goes wrong then it will be worth paying £22 to send it back to Hong Kong.
The guy I bought it off has sold over 1000 in the UK. His listings are regularly removed, but he sets up again. My friend had a faulty one, and sent it back. He was sent a brand new one, the turnaround was 11 days in total.

I originally paid £160 for one from DVD shop over 12 months ago.
Over-priced if you ask me.

It's actually one purchased of ebay from a guy in Hong Kong for £85 inc Delivery.

I took a risk out of curiosity and have come to the conclusion that there it has been worth it.
A very good 'fake'.
Works very well, and if it goes wrong then it will be worth paying £22 to send it back to Hong Kong.
The guy I bought it off has sold over 1000 in the UK. His listings are regularly removed, but he sets up again. My friend had a faulty one, and sent it back. He was sent a brand new one, the turnaround was 11 days in total.

I originally paid £160 for one from DVD shop over 12 months ago.
Over-priced if you ask me.

Pay for crap, get crap IMHO . I learned the hard way, the more you try and save, the more expensive in the long run..

a member emailed Kev, and that was his reply , on the lines of the boxes aren`t fake ,they are high quality clones, a small search will find the thread

: big crow

They are probably 'Grey' OEM imports, which makes them 'Unofficial' but not Fakes.
Made in the same factory as the originals, but not undergoing the stingent quality requirements of Dream Multimedia, hence the 'odd' component differences.
This is very common in most manufacturing industries.

Back