ebays are 100% fake!

Pay for crap, get crap IMHO . I learned the hard way, the more you try and save, the more expensive in the long run..

8 months and going strong mate, 4 more months and it would have been worth every penny.
Works just as well as the original, if not better.

I like 100's of others are 'lucky', I suppose.

I will never pay £160 again!

8 months and going strong mate, 4 more months and it would have been worth every penny.
Works just as well as the original, if not better.

I like 100's of others are 'lucky', I suppose.

I will never pay £160 again!

just cause it says dreambox on it, don`t make it a dreambox : multi :

glad you`ve had no bother though

just one thing......

id be warey about the ebay box i bought, as the checks it didnt have....

this could pose a possible fire risk! maybe????

as who leaves these boxes on 24/7?

would you buy a new electrical device from abroad that hadnt been checked properly taht was fake? with no company to return it to! as its nothing to do with dream multimedia!

well my fake d/b works every bit as well as my genuine 1. got it cheaper than the eurovox and starview were going for, and i knew it was fake when i bought it. imho it is a better box than the other fta types and i got it for £30 cheaper than the genuine d/b was going. I dont agree with sellers trying to sell them as genuine but i'm certainly not against the fakes as they can only get cheaper forcing prices of all down surely.

yeah i dun mind fakes either, but the prices they are charging! are wrong!

u dont pay £2 less for a fake dvd...

most people charge 1/3 of the price for a fake/clone item....

and they are advertised as not being genuine.

where as the dreambox sellers make them sound offical and that really annoys me! lol

Chinese guy selling For £59 + £25 postage. as mentioned in another post they gotta be worth that.

They are probably 'Grey' OEM imports, which makes them 'Unofficial' but not Fakes.
Made in the same factory as the originals, but not undergoing the stingent quality requirements of Dream Multimedia, hence the 'odd' component differences.
This is very common in most manufacturing industries.

if they were made in same factory why so many differences ???? lol

just one thing......

id be wary about the ebay box i bought, as the checks it didnt have....

would you buy a new electrical device from abroad that hadnt been checked properly taht was fake? with no company to return it to! as its nothing to do with dream multimedia!

few points m8

1 . how do you know what check s your original went through compared to the
supposed fake boxes

2 . it what way would it cause a fire risk , leaving any electrical appliance on 24hrs
hightens the fire risk surely ,

3 . i think the guy from ebay if i read your posts correctly refunded you money , if
i'm wrong , apologies if i'm wrong on that ,

4 . you had a problem with your box and your money was refunded , is that not
right ,

5 . as far as im aware these boxes that are on ebay are being sourced from the
company tthat previously had the contract to build them for dream ( according
to other forums ), therefore if
you bought them when they had the contract to build them , they would be
genuine then ,

6 . does it really matter who refunds your money ,if your box goes wrong , just as
long as you get it back ,

7 . i've had one off the guy from ebay for 7 months , also got an original t w box
with atmega , and the atmega has went down more than the fake dreambox ,

lastly correct me if i'm wrong but you seem to have some sort of private agenda when it comes to this ebay seller , as you have started the same thread on other forums also ,

@ sully " 7 . i've had one off the guy from ebay for 7 months , also got an original t w box
with atmega , and the atmega has went down more than the fake dreambox"

which guy from ebay have you had a fake box for 7 month?? and how much did you pay??

@ sully " 7 . i've had one off the guy from ebay for 7 months , also got an original t w box
with atmega , and the atmega has went down more than the fake dreambox"

which guy from ebay have you had a fake box for 7 month?? and how much did you pay??

kevin , 119 , picked it up to save postage

no probs at all ,

as i said the atmega has caused me more bother than the "fake" dreambox/

kevin , 119 , picked it up to save postage

no probs at all ,

as i said the atmega has caused me more bother than the "fake" dreambox/

didnt realise he had been advertising the dreambox 500c on ebay for 7 months, looking at feedback sales only started around december

If you bought a fake and are happy with the fake thats cool. It's the principle that they are advertised as original dreamboxes and dream media is copyrighted name. why not just advertise it as a cloned dreambox etc...

didnt realise he had been advertising the dreambox 500c on ebay for 7 months, looking at feedback sales only started around december

think you'll find he has been registered since early 2005 m8 ,

is this a quiz

If you bought a fake and are happy with the fake thats cool. It's the principle that they are advertised as original dreamboxes and dream media is copyrighted name. why not just advertise it as a cloned dreambox etc...

not saying im happy they are fake , im happy the box is working fine and has not let me down ,

but posting scare tactics like this when you have already had a refund ,

id be wary about the ebay box i bought, as the checks it didnt have....

ie when the seller has not done a runner with your money , makes it look like certain people have ulterior motives

Last edited:
not saying im happy they are fake , im happy the box is working fine and has not let me down ,

but posting scare tactics like this when you have already had a refund ,

ie when the seller has not done a runner with your money , makes it look like certain people have ulterior motives

Aye but would he have bought you a new house if it had burned down.. :Angryfire

If someone has ulterior motives it`s because they were lied to

i dont have a problem with the seller!

just the fact he doesnt state they arnt official dreamboxes!

and yes i have stated these boxes are fake on other forums!

and y shouldnt i, im not the one lying!

yes he did refund my money, but its the principle!

my one from dvb has been working fine now for about a month, a month longer than the one i had off ebay!

Aye but would he have bought you a new house if it had burned down.. :Angryfire

doubt it , but neither would dream media .

just seems like a bit of a witchhunt to me m8 , no looking for an argument just stating my point of view ,

think you'll find he has been registered since early 2005 m8 ,

is this a quiz

what i was referring to is that you said you have your £119 box of ebay for 7 months, as far as i am aware the guy only started selling these boxes around december time and advertised as the ultimate xmas gift. pretty sure i aint seen them selling before that, but i cant be 100%

Just a small point, but they are advertised as SHOW YOUR HOLIDAYS PHOTOS ON YOUR TV. But I have been informed that this is not possible. Surley that cant be right advertising it can do something it cant..

Back