Ebay buyer trying to scam me.

Hope the buyer can live with his/herself, bet they wouldn't swear on the bibles that they bought on 30th September, though !
Heres hoping you get your money.

Read through this post, and can totally sympathise with you. I can't see Ebay or Paypal doing anything in your favour. You will have to press them and threaten legal action, report them to trading standards, take it to the press, contact watchdog, they won't like the negative exposure.

Good luck

I had something similar, received a CPU with 512k cache instead of advertised 1mb - Paypal insisted on getting a letter from an industry professional to verify the item specifications.

Perhaps insist they do this with this guy.

Otherwise could always go round there in person, cost ya but think of the satisfaction...

Hi lads,

Sorry i havent kept yous up to date.

Had to get a police report ect and fax it in to paypal.

Got very annoyed when after i told them i got a diff item returned, they sent me a email saying i had to confirm within 72 hours, that i had received the item and confirm the tracking number which i already said was bogus.

Am awaiting there next move, i am very close to just taking legal action, they seem to be totally incompetent to solving disputes.

Ill keep you posted, cheers lads.

Hi lads,

Sorry i havent kept yous up to date.

Had to get a police report ect and fax it in to paypal.

Got very annoyed when after i told them i got a diff item returned, they sent me a email saying i had to confirm within 72 hours, that i had received the item and confirm the tracking number which i already said was bogus.

Am awaiting there next move, i am very close to just taking legal action, they seem to be totally incompetent to solving disputes.

Ill keep you posted, cheers lads.

thx mate, ive been waiting with baited breath. lol

keep us up to speed on this, lets hope we can stick it to this theiving bampot!!

i had sold a car on ebay once and got paid through paypal then the guy said he didnt get the car they took his side and paid him the money back that was me £800 down pluss no car as i couldnt prove he got the car after that i dont use paypal now and if i buy anything its pick up only im fed up with getting ripped off

i had sold a car on ebay once and got paid through paypal then the guy said he didnt get the car they took his side and paid him the money back that was me £800 down pluss no car as i couldnt prove he got the car after that i dont use paypal now and if i buy anything its pick up only im fed up with getting ripped off

How the fook can you send him a car ? That is one mofo jiffybag innit !!

Surely the DVLC can tell you / the police who has the car ?

Ebay and PayPal are generally good until something goes wrong. I've bought around 400 items since 2002 and have only got caught 3 times, but in all cases I have got my cash back. I'm currently going through the hoops with a twat who sold me a dead laptop, delivered dead and won't start. Went through the various claims processes and after sending it back I got a full refund, now the twat is claiming that I smashed the screen before sending it back to him so there is a counter-claim against me. don't know how it will end up.
Overall the risks are pretty low if you take care to only buy from sellers with good feedback and cancel any bids from buyers that you don't like the look of.
I also try to ensure that I only use the Ebay "email the seller" button for any emails to the other party so that Ebay & Paypal already have a record of any correspondance. Any high value items that I have to post off, I get the Parcelforce or Royal Mail insurance to cover any scallywags who claim damage or loss in shipment.
I've also reported one London seller to his local trading standards office, they have to take the details of all complaints and they have to at least do something. That was for a grands worth of duff Rolex.

How the fook can you send him a car ? That is one mofo jiffybag innit !!

Surely the DVLC can tell you / the police who has the car ?

he didnt say it was a real car could have been a toy/modle /rc :)

Tbh i think the way forward is not to use ebay anymore its just littered with scum like this and paypal is geared towards buyers in terms of protection thats why he is playing the system.

I got scammed once i bought a psp that came in a damaged box it lasted a few days then broke and they wouldnt do anything about it.

I have never used ebay for an expensive item ever since wether im buying or selling.

@ The op good luck m8 i hope you get it sorted

Well well well.

Paypal have sided with this scumbag buyer.

My account is now -200 euro and they want me to balance it so they can give the scammer more of my money.

What will they do now, will they try force me to balance up my account?

Oh and if members could file a complaint against www.paypal.com even make it up

Do it here:

https://www.truste.org/pvr.php?page=complaint

Well well well.

Paypal have sided with this scumbag buyer.

My account is now -200 euro and they want me to balance it so they can give the scammer more of my money.

What will they do now, will they try force me to balance up my account?

Oh and if members could file a complaint against www.paypal.com even make it up

Do it here:

https://www.truste.org/pvr.php?page=complaint

Have you tiold them about his negative feedback etc?

Documented everything, they really dont give a damn TBH.

I am going to take them to the small claims court, it the only way they will bother to listen.

Documented everything, they really dont give a damn TBH.

I am going to take them to the small claims court, it the only way they will bother to listen.

Yeah true good luck m8ty hope you get this twat.

Back