Ebay buyer trying to scam me.

which part of west yorkshire did you post to hope its was not bradford/dewsbury area as most off them are scamming p.... feekers my friend had a problem with a mobile phone she floged to one and yes ebay/paypal sided with the buyer she was in pieces about it and they sent back a totaly different phone back to her and ebay/paypal did not give a toss. hope it works out for you mate.

ebay scammers come in all shapes, sizes, colours and creed.:Kickassro

Ebay scammers piss me off. . . . on the whole I have been lucky, with 100+ transactions and only scammed once. a few years ago I had 5 items up for sale on ebay, nothing really expensive, just a few redundant PC parts. 4 paid fairly quickly, and 1 dragged his heels. I had them all packaged and labeled ready to go. Anyway, I got flu and was ill in bed for a few days, but being the good ebayer, got my old dear to call and post them for me. . forgot to remove the non paid one, so she posted all 5. . . got onto him to pay, and he said he wouldnt have the money for a couple of weeks. . . I was pissed off but bit my lip and cut him some slack. . then after a few no-replies from him via email, he says it blew up so he wasnt paying.

It was only an £8 Thermaltake cooler, but I hate being taken for a ride. He was from wolverhampton, too far to drive from the north east, so I made sure I kept his address and waited. . . about 6 months later I searched yell.com for Taxis, and takeaways near his address, and rang them up with my best fake brummie accent and mustve sent about 6 taxis and 15 takeaways to his house.

It tickled me all night thinking about it and definitely got my 8 quids worth

Lol !! Have to agree with you there

umm .. only 2 posts to go :)

Ive been scammed so many times on ebay.. lost count.. at one point i had 3 auctions going ending day after each other. got scammed on all 3.. i only buy now.. cannot be bothered with the hassle..

I do like how allot of buyers say there coppers and that if i dont give there money back they will pass it on to their sergant... tossers..

its a shame how you cant get some higher authority to do anything about the way ebay / gaypal let everyone get away with this, cant trading standards be called in or anything because i find it discraceful how people constantly file complaints as soon as they recieve the legitimate item and get away with it grrrr

My pal a while ago went on Ebay i think it was and there was a 25 lighters advertised for a £1 well when she received them it was a box of matches ha ha ha i thought it was hillarious.I wouldnt buy anything my other pal bought a metal detector when they sent it to him it was broke and cost him to get it fixed more than what he paid so beware theres loads of scammers on there.

Latest lads:

Paypal have said he can have a refund if he returns the item.
But i know he is going to send an empty box or some worthless processor.

Whats more is paypal assume if he provides the tracking label that he has sent back my item.
What can i do if i receive an empty box and they go ahead and give him a refund too?

I am thinking of bringing paypal to the small claims court,

any other ideas?

I myself opened a dispute with paypal because i brought a wii chip and when i went to the post office to collect it, it was in 1 of those plastic bags that the post office put your stuff in when it is damaged. anyway the envolope was empty except for the small ribbon cable that connects to the chip, i tried to phone the supplier but no answer so i opend a dispute with paypal.

The dispute i opened was signifantly different to what was advertised (something like that) because i had recieved the envolope and signed for it i couldnt say it wasn`t delivered anyway after a few msg in the dispute consol he then ignored me so i escalated it to a claim,
Then almost instantly i got a email back from paypal which read.

Dear ******* ********,

You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had in the Resolution Centre.

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.

As you can see as a buyer and because i recieved the empty envolope i lost the claim,
However my story has a good ending i was also in communication with somebody different but from the sellers website and they asked me to pay a further £2 via paypal to cover postage i did this reluctently but i did recieve my new chip 2 days later but the very next day i recieved another chip lol so i say what comes around goes around. I live near London or i would go and sort him for ya well i would send the boys round to do it lol.

Anyway what im trying to say here is if he has opened a dispute that the item is different to what was advertised then as i have experianced he shouldnt stand a chance of getting his money back so Dont resolve the case with him until you get the exact same cpu back.

I dont think it would matter who witnessed the box being opened he is only gong to send the 3.2ghz chip anyway. that is what he said he recieved. only way you could get out is to do as "maarksparky" says, when you recieve the item he sends just claim he has sent you an even older chip and instruct paypal to withold the refund while you file a dispute.

another thing, dont just let paypal roll over you. keep sending them emails and phone them on a regular basis and do as "dont do it" says (i know that sounds wrong) direct them to his feedback and tell them that if they are even thinking of refunding him they should contact the authors of his previous form. in other words make it hard for them to go against you. dont sit back and wait for their final sayso!!

Video yourself opening the package and put it on youtube :) then send paypal the link...

another thing, dont just let paypal roll over you. keep sending them emails and phone them on a regular basis and do as "dont do it" says (i know that sounds wrong) direct them to his feedback and tell them that if they are even thinking of refunding him they should contact the authors of his previous form. in other words make it hard for them to go against you. dont sit back and wait for their final sayso!!

True that mate, they never replied to my 1st emails but as soon as i threatened legal action against them they replied!

When it arrives i am going to video me opening the box, Hes defo going to send me something diff, Sure it says the fooking model number QX= quad core xtreme and speed on the front of the chip and that fool is saying its not quad core and the speed is 3.2ghz.

3.2ghz??? i sold a fookin 3ghz QX9650

Its looking at you in the face!

Hes lucky i live across the canal (ireland :) or id be up to his house and give him what for.

Have you seen his current feedback rating?

HE cant posibly get away with that with that many complaints.

I Reported him to ebay the other day, i have since gotten a reply

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Im going to make sure something is done about him!

this hope this tosser is strung up by his nads....that is the only thing with selling on fleabay ..i have had quite a few run ins with dopey gits that think we are a push over...the last tried it on to get a discount after he had received the item and then re-contacted me 4-5 weeks after he got the item to say that the media pad with the keyboard was broken (lcd broken). so he would accept partial refund...i of course told him to duck himself...quack quack...

Suprise suprise

look what this prick returned.

Any advice on what to do now?

The email you received sounds just like a standard template... However try sending the photo of the item to the person who emailed you and the video of you opening it, hopefully someone might look into it for you properly

However then again they might just weigh up that, that person has more feedback thus is more valuable to them than you are :(

I'm struggling to see an outcome in your favour on this,it really boils my piss what has happened.
Is it possible you will get half your cashback equivalent?if it dont go in your favour i'd be over for some retribution at least,be it putting his window thru.

Sorry I've not read all the posts but I've had a similar problem before selling a laptop for £360, buyer claimed he never received it. I sent paypal all the tracking details, his address, his electoral role did not match his address (which was confirmed) he refused to participate in any resolution and paypal STILL took the money from my account and closed the matter. Then had the audacity to close my paypal account when I refused to pay ebay the £3.60 selling fee, on and he also changed all his paypal and ebay details 2 days after filing the dispute to some address in Leeds, i rang the phone number and it diverted to a Foxtons on South London, he was super good, ran a check on the guys name through their system and payrol and their sister company and found nobody of any name even similar. All this was passed to paypal who did nothing

Wish I could say otherwise but i have never seen paypal side with the seller. Me and some rather hefty mates took a trip to Swindon to find the lilttle fecker and he claimed he knew nothing of it, even lied through his teeth to the police who paid him a visit after I reported the goods stolen.

We also went down to paypal HO in Richmond as it was only a small walk, it's nothing more than a PO box and a few offices. Nobody of nay use actually works there

I think its time to get the police in volved mate, Hes trying to obtain funds by deception. And use that exact wording, "trying to obtain funds by deception"

Reason being, hes trying to get a refund on goods that he has not returned. thus through deception.

The police will have the power to demand the previous sellers contact details that have left feedback in a similar situation.

Hope that helps mate.

Problem is mate im in ireland,

So not sure if the irish police can do anything or weather i can deal with the english police?

Back