Ebay buyer trying to scam me.

wozzo

Inactive User
Reaction score
I sold a Intel Quad core extreme (QX9650) on ebay last week.

eBay.ie: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 Yorkfield 3.0GHz 12MB 775 (item 110305995608 end time 01-Nov-08 20:57:41 GMT)

I sold this chip which retails for 800euro plus for 490 as i took it from a dell xps system i got.

So i posted the item from Dublin to west Yorkshire, and the item has been delivered and the buyer has gone straight to the PayPal dispute center and claimed he received a old 3.2 ghz chip that is not quad core.

The seller has a shop on ebay with 1012 score.

This is wrecking my head as not the 490 in my pay pall has been put on hold and i cannot touch it.

And i have heard ebay tends to agree with buyers rather than sellers.

Here is what this seller has posted in the dispute center 5 posts within 10 mins,

i have edited the names and numbers

From Buyer: ------------------- on 11/7/2008 02:48 PST
please can you reply in pay pal or call me

From Buyer: -------------------- on 11/6/2008 17:14 PST
sorry in distress i wrote the wrong numberXXXXXXXXXXX please resolvre this

From Buyer: --------------- on 11/6/2008 17:12 PST
please reing me XXXXXXXXXXX please i am not feeling well because of this have you sent the wrong item by mistake i have receved the processer but it used and it not the not quad cor
From PayPal: PayPal on 11/6/2008 17:09 PST

laptopsreclaim4u requested a €500.00 EUR refund.

From Buyer: l------------- on 11/6/2008 17:09 PST
1 the cpu i receved is not what i paid for 2 it 3.2 some thing 3 i am having brething problem because of the shock i can not bleve my eyes i did not know you coukd comiot froad in this wat i wont sleep until it is solved

He has now left negative feedback on my account!!!

What a prat "I am having breathing difficulties because the shock" tit.

Seems they are laying it on thick to get paypal to feel sorry for them.

Did you mark the item before you sent it, as i suspect if you tell them to return it for a refund they will send you the chip they are saying you sent and not the actual one you did send !

FOOOOOOK ME, DID YOU CHECK THIS FUKKERS FEEDBACK http://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAP...1&de=off&items=25&which=negative&interval=365

Negative feedback rating Nightmare buyer the worst kind tries to claim from you to get cash and the goods Seller:
trudahaji ( 116 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
13-Dec-07 18:07

Reply by laptopsreclaim4u (13-Dec-07 20:03):
i did not try to clame the money back all i aske for the keys still waiting so

Last edited:
I know it's a bit late in saying something like this but you should always withdraw your PP funds as soon as you get paid. I have learnt this from experience when I was elling modded 360's on ebay when they first came out and nearly got scammed out of £400+. You could try to get help from somewhere like Paypalsucks (use Google) but tbh I don't think there's a great deal you can do about it now.

Obviously hes talking boolox, look at the amount of hardware hes dealing in, this is causing him no stress and hes just playing the system.
See feedback on 2nd July where hes obviously played a similar scam.

You could also draft a letter up outside of paypal threatening to take legal action if the exact same goods arent returned.

I rang him on the number he provided, he can barely speak English.

I have his address and am traveling to London on the weekend, mite have to drop up to Yorkshire. :frown:

The guy clearly knows he is selling sh!tty/dodgy hardware as this is put for almost every feedback he gets:

Very good, very quick, big positive. Thanks

Buyer: ****** ( 3 ) 03-Nov-08 14:48

Reply by iblowgoats@laptopsreclaim4u (03-Nov-08 19:43):
untested spair&repair items

Even when the feedback is posative....what a tard....

as above send as much information to paypal inc. copies of postage, i hope you sent the item insured delivery especially at that price

Thats too bad mate, I think you are really going to struggle with this one. He is obviously a complete scammer, and I'm not sure how you are going to get your money back, unless you drive to his house with a few lads that speak his language...

Edit... I've just visited the link to his feedback, and you've just learnt an expensive lesson. There are several options you should select every time you sell something, and one of them stops you receiving bids from people with x number of negative feedback points in x number of months. You should look into this. Good luck with getting your money back, but be prepared to be in this dispute for some time.

Last edited:
Thats too bad mate, I think you are really going to struggle with this one. He is obviously a complete scammer, and I'm not sure how you are going to get your money back, unless you drive to his house with a few lads that speak his language...

Edit... I've just visited the link to his feedback, and you've just learnt an expensive lesson. There are several options you should select every time you sell something, and one of them stops you receiving bids from people with x number of negative feedback points in x number of months. You should look into this. Good luck with getting your money back, but be prepared to be in this dispute for some time.

He paid the money.

But as soon as he got the item he went straight to the dispute console on paypall and requested the money be returned.

The money is still in my paypall but is frozen, if they choose to refund him the money i will go to his premises, 30e flight is worth it.

Or better than that any of you heavies live in west Yorkshire? :proud:

Listen pal, looking at his feedback I would inform the Police, then when you get a number from them go straight to eBay and Paypal with the details, this focker is a thief and needs to be stopped.

I can't believe ebay haven't closed his account with that record.

messa

create a few new accounts and put somethings on there he might buy and when he does say you posted it and it will be there in the morn and knock the door dressed as delevery bloke cause you know he will be there in case he is yusing a emty adress or something and say you need the named persons who is buying its signature and if its him get your 450euros worth

He paid the money.

But as soon as he got the item he went straight to the dispute console on paypall and requested the money be returned.

The money is still in my paypall but is frozen, if they choose to refund him the money i will go to his premises, 30e flight is worth it.

Or better than that any of you heavies live in west Yorkshire? :proud:

Yep thats whats a problem when selling on ebay they freeze the money and dont unhold it until 21 days or positive.

create a few new accounts and put somethings on there he might buy and when he does say you posted it and it will be there in the morn and knock the door dressed as delevery bloke cause you know he will be there in case he is yusing a emty adress or something and say you need the named persons who is buying its signature and if its him get your 450euros worth

yep its worth a try ...

Blimey that would be a coincidence what are the odds lol

tbh you are gonna loose.. if you dont play the system as he is...

be nice to him.. ask him to return the item to you.. then report to paypal that he sent an empty box..

sick of paypal myself mate..

The only way likely to resolve this is a visit in person,hes pulled a fast one and given your location he dont expect you chasing this up.
Personally ony ever use paypal to buy,when selling always demand a cheque.

Back