E3 Flasher - Do I need Dongle?

is any 1 who has got 1 of these doing them for a fee of course ;) ? not gonna buy 1 for doing 1 ps3

Mate it might be just as easy to buy one, after all, with shipping back and forth and that it might just end up being as dear as what it would be too buy one out right.

I'll have a think, maybe I could drop it off at yours :)

Your going to drop it off to New Zealand ? "Wife. I'll be back soon just dropping something off to Shindig" LOL

This was the reason I didn't offer to leaned mine. Plus the clip is very fragile.

Right,

Just looked to buy one and noticed the following :

This Ultimate PS3 Downgrade Device - will allow you to downgrade a NOR PS3 from 4.11 to 3.55! You have to make sure the PS3 originally came with 3.55 firmware or lower from factory.

Sooooo......last couple of questions, how is it possible to tell that they were made and had 3.55 OFW on them? I can't figure out how.....

...and "Pootas" kindly advised that you need to stay clear of the "3000" models, and he advised serial numbers.

Plan is to buy an E3 and then get me self a nice slim, but I can't get my head around how to know the first part (I mean how can you tell that they were made with CFW on them)

....and can some one confirm how you stay clear of the 3000 versions, what to look for and what not to look for.

I'll dive on "ali express" and get one ordered. They have them in stock. :)

Right,

Just looked to buy one and noticed the following :

This Ultimate PS3 Downgrade Device - will allow you to downgrade a NOR PS3 from 4.11 to 3.55! You have to make sure the PS3 originally came with 3.55 firmware or lower from factory.

Sooooo......last couple of questions, how is it possible to tell that they were made and had 3.55 OFW on them? I can't figure out how.....

...and "Pootas" kindly advised that you need to stay clear of the "3000" models, and he advised serial numbers.

Plan is to buy an E3 and then get me self a nice slim, but I can't get my head around how to know the first part (I mean how can you tell that they were made with CFW on them)

....and can some one confirm how you stay clear of the 3000 versions, what to look for and what not to look for.

I'll dive on "ali express" and get one ordered. They have them in stock. :)

Remember that software that I postage on the forum, wherever it is. Added them here too. Just run that as the tut says and it will tell you.

In short, basically.

3xxx Series are a No go, they didn't come originally with 3.55 or lower. And there is some 25xx Series that didn't either. All Fats are fine. Best bet is to run the software to just make sure that they go 3.55 or below.

Edit: And don't worry mate, if pootas is not about I'll walk you through it, when you get it. Just PM me and I'll get back to you

Attachments

• MinVerChk.rar
    4.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Minvr check tut.txt
    630 bytes · Views: 1
Thanks mate, Yeah i remember this but I want to pick up a "new" machine you see. :) sorry should have stated that, the 2 ps'3 that I have at the minute are both done, I'll be selling one of them, the "hoover" one, even though it had a "reball" done, i want a slim. So it's what to look for when buying a new machine.

Appreciate the offer and I might take you up on that, here on the forum, then what I learn we'll all get to see/share it. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
It also states as well FW 4.11 and below.
No mention of FWs on 4.11+ and the ability to downgrade?

Question: Can the E3 flasher downgrade a PS3 from the latest FW 4.31???

Thanks mate, Yeah i remember this but I want to pick up a "new" machine you see. :) sorry should have stated that, the 2 ps'3 that I have at the minute are both done, I'll be selling one of them, the "hoover" one, even though it had a "reball" done, i want a slim. So it's what to look for when buying a new machine.

Appreciate the offer and I might take you up on that, here on the forum, then what I learn we'll all get to see/share it. :)

Cheers

Something to consider....

If like me you like to save money on electric bill then a 25xx series would be ideal...

ps3.png

Although some 25xx Series can't be downgraded...
ps31.png

To 100 % get a Downgradeable one... Buy the 20XX Series or 21XX Series.

It also states as well FW 4.11 and below.
No mention of FWs on 4.11+ and the ability to downgrade?

Question: Can the E3 flasher downgrade a PS3 from the latest FW 4.31???

Yes can be done.

Also if you haven't notied it already there is only one model that has a 250G Hard Drive in the 25XX series. And that one is downgradable.

Back