E3 Flasher - Do I need Dongle?

Shindig

DW Regular
Reaction score
Guys, I remember watching probably the most watched video about downgrading PS3 using the E3 Flasher. I remember the person using a dongle as well? Is that part necessary for the downgrade process? Does a dongle come with the E3 Flasher??

Clarification would be tops...

just the E flasher mate, no need for dongle any more.

Hang on I think I need a time out the night, taxi for mowax....

You need to read the nor/nand chip of your PS3 and for that you need either a e3 flasher, teensy or a progskeet... Either way you need to open up the PS3...Then you need a downgrade dongle as welll to put the ps3 into factory service mode...Once all this is done you can then flash 3.50 and then a custom firmware such as Rogero 4.30....

Whichever way you look at it, getting custom firmware on your ps3 is gonna cost ya!

think you get it all in the package mate.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just any jailbreak dongle will do mate. I use the cobra usb

Do you not get all you need in the kit though? so would be no need to buy an extra one.

I never got one with the E3 Limited edition

You don't get a dongle in the e3 kits. You can however make use of an android phone to do the job

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

nice one, could you elaborate a little on that, so an E3 flasher and also an android, or a "dongle"

you still looking for one Shindig, I think I'm going to buy one..... any pointers at all "on where to buy" pootas?

Sorry mate I meant to reply the other day but forgot!! Android wise look at psfreedom or psfmod. Its basically a custom recovery for certain android devices that will put ps3 into service mode...I've got the HTC desire files if anyone needs them..

Dongle wise you can get them from China but they are that cheap you might as well use a uk supplier. Don't get caught up with all the extra features the dongle may offer, all we want to do is put it into service mode..

Thanks matey, where did you get your E flasher from, I'm sure you'd posted some where.

Cheers man

p.s and how do you stay away from the 3000 models, of the slims, is it a case of having a look at the model number on them?

Last edited:
Eventually I got mine of Ali Express after making sure the seller only sold genuine items... 3000 model wise its a case of serial number on back is easiest way to identify ... You can do it via hdd and bluray type but that's just a hassle!

excellent, thanks for that, just having a look on over at that site and you can get full kits, E3 Flasher Limited edition including 11 accessories.

Free shipping $ E3 FLASHER Dual Boot with Slim Power Switch and ESATA STATION For PS3 $82.00 all in, free shipping, or E3 Flasher Limited edition including 11 accessories. $81.99 + free shipping.

wow there's a lot to chose from, dual boot and all sorts, just looking to get one with a docking station (might as well) and then planning on pulling it from that rig to do the odd other one and that now and then.

Free shipping $ E3 FLASHER Dual Boot with Slim Power Switch and ESATA STATION For PS3 $82.00 all in, free shipping, or E3 Flasher Limited edition including 11 accessories. $81.99 + free shipping.

wow there's a lot to chose from, dual boot and all sorts, just looking to get one with a docking station (might as well) and then planning on pulling it from that rig to do the odd other one and that now and then.

Fancy going halves and then sending over to me once done with it?

With regards to USB dongle I think I would just grab a Cobra one....

Mate it might be just as easy to buy one, after all, with shipping back and forth and that it might just end up being as dear as what it would be too buy one out right.

I'll have a think, maybe I could drop it off at yours :)

Back