DW-F1-2009 ....the game begins

I see Raikonen, Rosberg and Vettel all had good days on the track again, if Rosberg can maintain this an dconvert his good practice laps to the race he could be a real contender.

I was reading yesterday Alonso whinging that it will take months for other team sto rebuild their cars similar to the advantages of Brawn if they win their hearing next week although if Brawn lose, I'm going to be stuffed!!!

Great qualifying sessions. Ferrari made a huge mistake with Massa.

Well done Jenson.

Vettle has 10 places to drop and Rubins has to drop 5 places.

Times
01 J. Button Brawn GP 1:35.181
02 J. Trulli Toyota 1:35.273
03 S. Vettel Red Bull 1:35.518
04 R. Barrichello Brawn GP 1:35.651
05 T. Glock Toyota 1:35.690
06 N. Rosberg Williams 1:35.750
07 M. Webber Red Bull 1:35.797
08 R. Kubica BMW 1:36.106
09 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:36.170
10 F. Alonso Renault 1:37.659
11 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:34.769
12 K. Nakajima Williams 1:34.788
13 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:34.905
14 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:34.924
15 S. Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:35.431
16 F. Massa Ferrari 1:35.642
17 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:35.708
18 G. Fisichella Force India 1:35.908
19 A. Sutil Force India 1:35.951
20 S. Buemi Toro Rosso 1:36.107

good to see Jenson and Brawn GP up top and also Rosberg hanging in there shame the Ferrari Engine ain't cutting it, btw I'll be well stuffed if the meeting goes against Brawn.

good to see Jenson and Brawn GP up top and also Rosberg hanging in there shame the Ferrari Engine ain't cutting it, btw I'll be well stuffed if the meeting goes against Brawn.

You'll be stuffed either way come the end of season. No way Button and Brawn can keep ahead of the pack for very long.

You'll be stuffed either way come the end of season. No way Button and Brawn can keep ahead of the pack for very long.

Well survived again with Button thought was gonna a get a 1,2,3, at one stage till the rain came down,it certainly threw a spanner in the works and also amazing how they changed the result at the last minute, bet that cocked a few of us up , Ferrari again not much cop. Good exciting race with the lesser teams for the time being doing well.

Nara u lucky barsteward still good to see a new leader on the board.

Last edited:
It was a shame for the early end, there were a few different tactics and some good fights. Hamilton & Webber had a good scrap. Its certainly close overall, so once the other teams get these diffusers built its going to be tough for anyone to stay on top.

so once the other teams get these diffusers built its going to be tough for anyone to stay on top.

The only thing is..............they can't test them once they build them, except for practice before the race which isn't a lot of time.

Heidfeld just timed it perfect with his full wet tyres or he would have been nowhere just like Kimi.

The race itself today gave us quite a few good scraps but Hamilton/Webber was great.

Heck of a race today with Vettel and Webber 1&2 in a rain marred race, those cars can't alf handle the rain.Few smashes and aquaplaning still enjoyable though.

Was a great race, remarkable cos Red Bull dont have the double decker defusser or Kers but they do have a suspension that is different from all the rest. How many times did Kimi get his a$$ tanned, he just didnt seeem to have any confidence at the turns, strange for such a great driver.

hmm, looking at the table it seems yesterday's results caught a lot of people out.

Good job from Red Bull, can't see them repeating it week in week out just had the right car setup, it was interesting to watch the second half of the race afetr Jenson had refuelled, he had nothing to fight Vettel with, think they were saying he was alpping 3 secs quicker than Button even once his fuel load was down a bit.

I think secretly Brawn were happy to take 3rd place over the risk of losing the car off the track and getting nothing.

On a second point, what the hell was up with Hamilton, I can remember counting at least 5 occasions him spinning or driving off the track, if it wasn't for the anti-stall he would have been a gonner.

Just goes to show that a might be a good driver but at the mo he ain't a great driver once you take all that kit out those cars.

Just goes to show that a might be a good driver but at the mo he ain't a great driver once you take all that kit out those cars.

That's hardly fair. Considering the problems he had on that bend with the puddle, he finishes 6th. He caught and overtook Kimi 3 times.

In practice his left front wheel was off the road going round bends so obviously a problem with the setup.

Brilliant drive by Vettel. I think he will be off to Ferrari in the not too distant future.

Just thought I would check in see how the thread was going!!

Good race today i thought, not sure what happened with the brawn tactics switch, you have to think they really want Button to pick up as many points as poss whilst he can, seems odd to switch stop tactics once running.

Found it most amusing when the played the radio transmission to Massa telling him he was 1 lap short on fuel. I would have been kicking and screaming, you could really see him easing of the gas when Alonso was just eating up the ground on the penultimate lap.

Just noticed I'm also up to 101 in the main public standings, happy with that. usually end up 526,000 in the Footy leagues.

Just thought I would check in see how the thread was going!!

Good race today i thought, not sure what happened with the brawn tactics switch, you have to think they really want Button to pick up as many points as poss whilst he can, seems odd to switch stop tactics once running.

Found it most amusing when the played the radio transmission to Massa telling him he was 1 lap short on fuel. I would have been kicking and screaming, you could really see him easing of the gas when Alonso was just eating up the ground on the penultimate lap.

Just noticed I'm also up to 101 in the main public standings, happy with that. usually end up 526,000 in the Footy leagues.

You are doing well m8, well done.

Wasn't fussed on the racetoday myself but i reckon if Button was in front and the tactics were reverse he may still have won, Rubins just didnt get the laps in when he needed, but we will never know.

Flaming Ferrari are my achiles heel.
thought get in there top three finish and then Massa has to back off as they may not finish the race,some major issues there.

Flaming Ferrari are my achiles heel.
thought get in there top three finish and then Massa has to back off as they may not finish the race,some major issues there.

Something to do with the compute reading fuel being entered when it wasn't so when he left the pits he was shorter than the read out, very frustrating for him that it was only 1 lap short.

Ferrari have stuffed up my scores as well, I dont even know why I chose them. I made a stupid move when choosing my team because even when Ferrari are doing well I want them to get beat lol. Ferrari are making serious mistakes this year though, they really have completely forgotten how to race. But I guess so many years of just buying championships makes it difficult when they have to play like everyone else.

Back