Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Surely the australian DJs MUST be questioned, i know they didnt actually have a part in what she did, but, they would have been the reason WHY shes did this :(

_51606573_fa1d16c0-9c6c-4f82-b0b8-ab66ddd94f78.jpg

BBC News - Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

A nurse at London's King Edward VII hospital who took a hoax call about the Duchess of Cambridge has been found dead, the BBC understands.

The hospital, which has paid tribute to "a first class nurse", named the woman as Jacintha Saldanha.

Police were called at 09:35 GMT to reports of a woman found unconscious at an address in central London.

Details of the pregnant Duchess's medical condition were unwittingly revealed to two Australian DJs.

The pair, from Sydney radio station 2Day FM, posed as the Queen and Prince Charles.

BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt said he understood Mrs Saldanha was the person who answered the call from the Australian DJs and was not the nurse who discussed the duchess's medical condition.

Mrs Saldanha, a duty nurse, answered the telephone because it was 05:30 GMT in the morning and there was no receptionist on duty.

The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital.

The hospital said in a statement: "We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital.

"The hospital had been supporting her throughout this difficult time."

It added: "Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII's Hospital for more than four years.

"She was an excellent nurse and well-respected and popular with all of her colleagues."

Scotland Yard said the death was being treated as unexplained and enquiries were continuing.

The duchess was admitted on Monday for acute morning sickness, and was discharged on Thursday.

my missus just brought up a very good point, about asassinations, lady di, conspiracies and the queen, but, im not posting nothing about that, lol.......

So did she kill herself for receiving a hoax call then?

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy.

So did she kill herself for receiving a hoax call then?

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy.

I dont think she would be dead now if she hadnt received the hoax call. Very sad case indeed. R.I.P. Jacintha :(

another unfunny joke that messes with peoples emotions with sad consequences :(

These DJ's need putting away for a very long time now. What a waste of a life thanks to these clowns. :(

Not defending the dj's but she must of been already unstable to do it, but to think that the queen would call in person and have Charles and Philip shouting down the phone should of gave it away.
Still a sad story. R.I.P

Im watching sky new oz now and its the main headlines and according to aol its kicking up a storm online. Hopefully they will not keep there jobs.

ye the hoax call was a bad joke but you cant blame them for the death of the nurse
but i dont think its unrelated

Sorry guys but nurses are already under a lot of pressure looking after patients, they could do without dealing with pricks like these people taking the pish. What a shame for that nurse. :(

I have a feeling quite a few of her superiors will be feeling very bad today!

I am not so sure it was the joke that would of pushed her over the edge, more say, her superiors feeling embarrassed and calling for her head?

All hear say, but I doubt she would of killed herself had the hospital treated the incident like Prince Charles did and make fun of the situation?

It was a joke, these presenters never meant or wanted her to kill herself and they will also be feeling very very bad about it!!!

Tough one!

Mick

Just reporting on sky news oz that the presenters have stood down...

not excusing the dj's, but i don't think they meant any harm...

tv/radio has been doing wind up pranks for years upon years, who can honestly say they never heard one before?

i think the dj's will be totally gutted, dont think anyone could have foreseen the outcome...

tragic waste of life though.. :(

just on the news now, they have been taken off the air untill further notice

dont blame the dj`s,it was probably staff that took the pish out of her goodstyle,still must of been slightly nutty to top herself over it

Agree I dont think you can blame the dj's... It was unfortunate maybe that she was the unlucky one who answered the phone. No harm should have come to anyone, so what if the dj's pranked the hospital and so what if the nurse put the call through - would anyone do any different given the "caught un-awhere's situation"? Its a very sad story which unfortunatly ended in a loss of life - what happens now if the dj's take thier own lives because of what happens, who would we blame then???? Its just unfortunate.

Just realised how many times I wrote unfortunate :| ah well you get my point :)

Back