Duchess of Cambridge hoax call nurse found dead

having just read this thread, it sort of follows my thoughts. initially when i saw the news the nurse had died and it looked like suicide, my first thought was sh*t how awful and those effing aussie dj's

went off and did some jobs we had our dinner and saw the news with a few more details, my thoughts were still sh*t how awful but tbh the dj's just did a prank on the phone.

there are loads of these sort of pranks done every day in the name of entertainment.

there isn't anybody that would say to somebody who was planning on doing a hoax/prank call "wouldn't do that if i was you mate somebody might kill themselves"

it may or may not come out but i wouldn't be surprised if there is some other reason that this lady has taken her life.

having just read this thread, it sort of follows my thoughts. initially when i saw the news the nurse had died and it looked like suicide, my first thought was sh*t how awful and those effing aussie dj's

went off and did some jobs we had our dinner and saw the news with a few more details, my thoughts were still sh*t how awful but tbh the dj's just did a prank on the phone.

there are loads of these sort of pranks done every day in the name of entertainment.

there isn't anybody that would say to somebody who was planning on doing a hoax/prank call "wouldn't do that if i was you mate somebody might kill themselves"

it may or may not come out but i wouldn't be surprised if there is some other reason that this lady has taken her life.

as said she prob got the pure piss took from her from colleagues, good and bad, and defo would have got a severe talking to or verbal abuse from her snobby arse kissing directors, who knows what went on, the dj's are'nt to blame for her death, but maybe they contributed to why she felt the need to,, if it was suicide

She'll have got bollocked big time by her employers regardless of what they are saying now... the phone call didnt do this the shit she got afterwards will have done it.

Those blaming the dj's tut tut tut it was a prank call not a malicious call and theres no way the blame can be laid at there door because a nurse was tricked into saying some things that at the end of the day mean nothing and did no harm to anyone.

A bad joke turned horribly wrong. IMO the Djs should be taken off air as an example that hoaxes of this nature are uncalled for.

would people be saying the same if it was a reporter that duped the nurse?

She'll have got bollocked big time by her employers regardless of what they are saying now... the phone call didnt do this the shit she got afterwards will have done it.

100% agree, I cant image the bollocking she would have gotten. What about the person on the switchboard who put "the Queen" through? I'd blame them more than the DJs, who put on a really bad Queen voice and had Charles and the corgis in the background. If you got sacked as a switch operator, big deal, get another job as a switch operator somewhere else. The poor nurse would have been blackballed in the hospital and who knows, struck off the nursing register for inappropriate behaviour, ending her career?

The person on the switchboard was the nurse in question,plus if they had not done this prank we would not be talking about this sad death,regardless of whether it was the DJ's fault or the ribbing she got from colleagues

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

she was in the reception area when the dj's phoned there, and because the receptionist wasnt at her post, she answered and passed through to the nurse that actually gave away the details of kates situation, without a doubt this would never have happened without the dj's stupidness

as she broke patient confidentiality she would have been under investigation by the NMC
on top of a stressful job this might just have been too much.
condolences to her friends and family

She would also have been under intense media pressure which wouldnt help the situation.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

She would also have been under intense media pressure which wouldnt help the situation.

shame she took that much presh guys and ended her life poor lass

Here lies the problem they have a lot to answer to, phone hacking for one

So, who comes out smelling of roses then?

Obviously not the 'shock-jocks' - they've been around for decades. Not the station management for failing to provide moral guidelines? Perhaps morals go out of the window where ratings are concerned? Ratings driving advertising that puts money in the pockets of station owners.

What about the advertisers? They do listen to the stations they advertise on and therefore condone the output? Until something happens to threaten their profits - the reason they advertise with the high-ratings stations in the first place.

What about the majority of the global population for whom the cult of celebrity is the greater part of their shallow existence? Without them the prank call would not have been even slightly interesting.

So, dear listener, no-one comes out of this smelling of roses....

Press AssociationPress Association – 2 hours 59 minutes ago

The two presenters remarked during their show how their efforts were the "easiest prank call ever made", as they put on mock British accents they later described as "terrible". The prank call was pre-recorded and vetted by lawyers before being broadcast to listeners in Sydney.

as she broke patient confidentiality she would have been under investigation by the NMC
on top of a stressful job this might just have been too much.
condolences to her friends and family

Apparently she didnt give out details of Kate. She answered the call and passed it on to another who gave out the details.
Got to have been more going on in her head sadly :(

Another intresting point raised on the news this morning was that taking aside the sad situation of the nurse. The call was in very bad taste. Calling a hospital pranking when our future Queen (and theirs) is lying in hospital ill with our future King or Queen inside her and not yet 12 weeks pregnant. Point was what if something (God forbid) was to have happened to Kate or the baby . The prank was in very bad taste and in my view well out of bounds for these reasons alone.

Press AssociationPress Association – 2 hours 59 minutes ago

The two presenters remarked during their show how their efforts were the "easiest prank call ever made", as they put on mock British accents they later described as "terrible". The prank call was pre-recorded and vetted by lawyers before being broadcast to listeners in Sydney.

No doubt the bereaved father and two children will find that very comforting...

Bad taste prank call. That's it end of. We have all laughed our arses off at similar. Well I have anyway. DJ's are not to blame for this poor sole taking her own life. I would have thought he superiors would have made her life and her future outlook unbearable. The top brass were embarressed and on the lookout for someone to take the blame. IMHO I believe her superiors probably contributed to her state of mind more so than these pair of DJ's. Is it really at the point where we want prank calls ect all banned in the name of somebody may be offended or their feelings be hurt ? Most of the best jokes,pranks and the like do push the boundaries and can be seen by some as offensive. I feel sorry for this nurse's family. but the dj's didn't do this to her not even indirectly imho.

Unfortunately where these Royals are concerned there is somebody going to get into trouble for not doing there job properly. Broadcasting that she is pregnant in this early stage is going to be headline news for Months. Switchboard staff at that hospital should have been a lot tighter than it was and not run by nurses who have there own job to do. I really hope a huge lesson has been learned now at that hospital because Kate will be back, and this whole shambles needs reviewing and running a lot better than it was.

Back