Dreambox ?

Mickie D said:
...am i thinking right if i get my dish motorised i can pick up the free to air chans from sky via the dreambox..... and is the sky satellite called eurobird or am i of my nut lol
You are coming along fine and learning loads already. :) Eurobird is just one of the sats with sky chans, Astra 2A, Astra 2B, Astra 2D are the other 3. Yes you would get fta sky chans with a motorised..... but MD, i am not sure if you could because your wall faces south-west and i dont think you will get round to face sky from your back wall? Why do you have sky dishes on the oposite side? -probably because there isnt enough angle to turn the dish to 28degrees.

Mickie D said:
...what is the movie package i will need to get hold on via hotbird and astra :)
One package for movies is the TPS/multivision chans.
As of today, Spanish and Italian packages have been hacked again...BUT only on a Knotcard2 smartcard. These are on 19* and 13* and have the very best choice of movies, so hopefully they will be available on the Dreambox soon. At the moment i cant think of other movie packages on Hotbird/Astra1. But you never know whats round the corner as French Kiosk package may fall next.

Hi All
Happy xmas hangovers
My mate hae a Technomate box and dragon cam which works fine but when he tried to plug his dragon cam into my dreambox it wouldn't work. This wa the same with my Technisat receiver aswell

Do I have to load any software into the dragon cam first?

cheers

why would you want to put the dragon cam into the dreambox ?

i think well what i c now that i have some experiance is the dreambox is probably the first to get the new keys or if not first they get them very very fast.

you can get

XCAM
SCAM
NEWCAMD ---> this is my choice and has all keys update-able via the internet from box menu ;) (marys key bundle)
supercam

there are so many emulated cams but honestly newcamd is the one

list is endless of cams

i would not bother with the dragon cam myself it seems like a total waist of time... even if the dragon cam has keys released before the dreambox it will be like minutes after that they will release the newcamd keys.

dont forget the get a good image for the dreambox i recommend the hydra anhagered as the new features it gives are awsome!

Ok what happened is my mate brought his receiver and dragon round, so i thought why not try the dragon cam in both my receivers.
I'm not to bothered that it can't work in the Dreambox (I just don't know how to set it up for that yet - bit of reading to do :)) I'm quite gutted that it wont work in the Technisat. You see the Dragon cam was going really cheap £80 @ wizard so I brought one just for the Technisat.

So I'm not too gutted about it not working on the Dreambox but if there's anyway I can get the dragon to work on the Technisat S1 that'll be really heavy.

nice one

to be honest pal im a learner aswell and i only have a dreambox so i cant really help about that :(

what dreambox you have 5XXX or a 7000 ?

if the 7000 go for the hydra zeus its getting rave reviews im still waiting for a port to the 5620 ;)

but well happy at the mo

Regards
Mickie D

I've got the dreambox hooked up to the network (at last) The name server was throwing me but I used the same as the gateway and it worked fine.
But this is where it starts to get heavy. I think I'm a long way off NEWCAMD or hydra zeus yet. lol

I'm reading all this stuff about "be careful of viruses and what program you download" so I'm kinda bricking it especially when I'm not to sure what programs I should be uploading anyway.

So I think I've got a few more idiot guides to read so I understand what program I should install and in what order (if that matters) and the best sites to download from.

The manufacture's site has .......
DreamUP (zip-file) new version 2.14b - new feature: fix the problem with: flash erase failed, result -4
and
Image File: Release 1.08.1 from 27.08.2004

They both seem quite old but do I need to install these anyway or should I wait until I get a good third party version

Good thing its xmas and i've always got a drink in my hand :~)

i never used dream up b ut told its a good tool ;)

i use flash wizard pro 4.5a and it uploads the images to the box and installs them with no hassle over the network ;) when ever installing a new image dont forget to flash erase

when booting hold the up arrow until you see all the 9's then it will do the rest and reboot when finsihed then you have a clean image installed

also i ahve not read about virus's that would be a fooking nightmare if that happened :(, so i will also be very careful!

im just learning how to stream media from the dreambox around the house lol... its great i can watch any program over my wireless connection and change the channels aswell :)

the dreambox is in another class to anything i have ever used... i have setup a NFS partition and have around 50 games (classics aswell like pacman etc) i have an email plugin to read my emails via my dreambox (which i am working on lol) and also if you have RSS content from a website you can read latest news... so i will be adding a RSS feed to Digital world and read posts via the dreambox lol.... asi said its fooking classsssss

Wow, I'm just starting to realise the power of this box.

I maanged to Update the software from version 1.05 to ver. 1.08 using the internet update from the box.

I then used Dreambox Edit to save my program list. (this prog is good because I'd be able to sort all my thousands of channels and delete the ones I don't want :))

I managed to find Hydra zeus, which looks like it's got some nice goodies on it :)))

I managed to upload the Hydra image using Flashwizard Pro. (the Hydra menu has a lot nicer look/feel to it, nice)

And I've found the NEWCAMD you were talking about, however I'm stuck at uploading the NEWCAMD onto the Hydra. Is it done using telnet? hope not I'm rubbish at that. - but tell you the truth I'm quite chuffed because I've reached a lot further than I thought I would plus I realise some of the capabilities of this box.

hold on, i started messing with the pluggins and presto

nice one m8 :)))))

good reading :)

The reason the dragon would not work is usually because of a conflict, the dreambox firmware is taking over and doing as its been told, which wont allow the dragon to do its job. This is obviously fixable because of good support for the dreambox and a good choice of images.

@Ericbshort, i have answered in the other thread about your technisat/dragon problems. Its a similar situation, you have a conflict where your receiver wont allow the cam to function correctly. It needs a patch.

nice one eric im glad you are getting there :)

you have the 7000 which is a better box than the 5620 but im happy for the mo but i will be getting the 7020 when the price drops a little 500 euros is about 300 quid at the mo so will wait till its about 200-250 hopefully end of the month (dont think so lol)

i have flashed the hydra olypia image last night and its not very good no offence hydra lol... but the anghared is much better.... i used joskes settings for astra and hotbird and now i have about 600 more channels but still im not picking them up correctly :(

im going to move my dish today to a better place that i can access better (the lnb bit anyhow) when leaning out the window lol.

TPS is great though

one thing i will recommend to the 5620 users is that the key updates over the internet are not very well looked after i would say its better to delete old key and scce files and uplaod the new keys via ftp reboot machine and hey presto all working quicker than waiting for marys key bundles to be updated ;)

and dont forget 5620 users to make a NFS share (on your PC) as you wont be able to use any plugins because of limited space :)

Big thanks to Micky D and PinkHelmet

I was up till 5am just playing around with the dbox and I'm still scraping my jaw of the floor WOW.

The fact that I can control the dreambox from my wireless PDA (and I don't just mean changing the channels) means I don't actually need a second receiver in my other room as video cables are already piped through.

I can see why they say people should be interested in programming because "straight of of the box" you think what's all the fuss about. It's not until you upgrade the firmware and add the extras is when the real power of this box unfolds.
Great box

nice one :)

i download straight from the box the latest emu's but always good to have a fall back ;)

im having a few networking problems with the dream at the mo... im gonna try and get a bootable copy of XP and re-do the machine and hope its that or the fella from ebay is getting a message ;)

Regards
Mickie D

Hi All

I've been messing about with the dreambox since Saturday and yes it is a great box however it is a computer so it does crash. There seemed to be a problem with the hard drive, a section of it became corrupt (no idea how, brand new samsund 60gb 5400rpm) So ever time I went to the hdrive the box would freeze.

A format sorted this out and it has been fine since (but I must admit I haven't been using it as much). Only meant I lost my previously recorded films, booo. lol

I'm going to earth the dish, I've heard this may help. Where is the best place to earth? Anywhere on the dish? can I earth the mounting instead?

thanks

I think another problem happened when I downloaded 3 extra emus, it seemed to fill up my var to 93% but it wouldn't let me edit the var via the box. Could I edit the var via telnet?

I download emus from the box too but how do you know when an update is available?
Do you just check once a week? Or wait you wait until you can't get a channel anymore lol

ericbshort said:
...how do you know when an update is available?
Do you just check once a week? Or wait you wait until you can't get a channel anymore lol

i can answer here. :) There will generally be an update when channels stop working. No changes means no updates required. Dont fix 'till its broke. :)

ericbshort said:
I'm going to earth the dish, I've heard this may help. Where is the best place to earth? Anywhere on the dish? can I earth the mounting instead?

thanks

the dish and mount (including the motor) will all be earthed of any static charge that builds up every time it rains and the wall gets wet so earthing the dish wont really make any difference. the only part of the dish thats not earthed is the LNB as its held in place by a plastic clamp (usually). you can earth the lnb and the cable by removing a screw on the case of your reciever and running a wire from this to a suitable earth point (mains socket, radiator, gas pipe) and this will stop and static from building up in the cable, LNB and non essential parts of the reciever

hope it helps

DD

Hi

I've been looking at a few forums re: streaming video from the dreambox, as I couldn't find anything here.
Does anyone know how this is done?

I followed the below intructions but it didn't work....

-----------------

Start WingrabE.
Select [Grab into a program stream file]
NEXT
Enter the DREAMBox IP 192.168.0.XXX and the Video/Audio PID of the channel you want to stream. Then select Hex on same screen (picture id is found on internet explorer page 192.168.0.XXX of your dream box. Select the channel you want from the menu in internet explorer. On the top right of the screen under the volume control is the pid and aid.) you must leave the dream box on the channel you want to watch. Do not change channels or it will freak.
Close internet explorer. (your computer cops a lot when streaming so the less shit you got open the better it will work. I found problems with kazaa being open at the same time. Or if down loading a lot of stuff off the net.
Back to wingrabe
NEXT
Leave the [program stream file] name field empty.
NEXT
Leave [activate timer] empty
NEXT
The screen should have two boxes state and messages
It may take 10 or so sec to load up.
You need all 7 lines showing stuff ( not waiting for info)
Open media player or what ever you use.
File
Open url
enter into the box http://localhost:31337/start.mpg
ok
it might take a few seconds to play.
done

---------------------

I've heard they are various ways but I just need the easiest. Can the dbox stream without download any 3rd party software?

Thanks

Nice one Digidude

I'll earth the LNB as you suggested but I did read somewhere that you must not earth via indoor earthing as this will bring any lighting strike into the property.
It's no problem as the dish is easily accessible and I'm always up and down that foking ladder anyway.

Back