Dreambox ?

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i have been speaking to lee about the dreambox and have decided to go ahead and buy one :)

well not just yet but hopefully tonight or tomoz :)

just reading up on this drgon cam and yes all be gentle im a newbie ;).... will i need a dragon cam for my reciever to get latest upgrades if we have a ECM ?

or will the dreambox also have a fast patch ?

or still can i even buy a dragon cam for the dreambox ?

the one i am buying comes witha super cam i think (or something like that ?)

and can anyone shed some light on card sharing for me please ?

Regards
Mickie D

as far as i know the dream box emulates a cam and card, theres always software and patches / updates about for them, (not that i know what to do with them, more pinkys dept :)) there was a write up an a mag a few weeks ago about one for £99, cant remember much about it though (d'oh)

feck MD, i will have to answer in stages, lol. I dont have time for full answer to everything now, so i will add to this thread. The Dreambox does have fast support and sometimes fixes will come for the dreambox before a dragon. Both are made by the same manufacturer, and are the serious hobbyists choice. As Digidude says, you do not need a dragon as well as a dreambox, but of course, you can have both and the dreambox does have cam slots so you can add any cam.

Card sharing is more complex to answer. It is the future of pirate tv, but also the present ;). The dreambox is definately not straight forward for beginners, and nor is cardsharing. Many forums will not discuss cardsharing in public view, so i'm not sure how we will go with this, but its basically as it says on the tin..... 1 official card is shared between dozens of friends.... and maybe each has their own card from a different package, which means you all get the various packages. This is just one of the reasons the dreambox is so popular.

cheers lee for that :)

will research the card sharing in more depth :)

i want to know is the 5620S a good dreambox... i know the 7000 has a hard disk and is like sky + for recording tv but im not really that interested in recording tv just want to get footie etc :)

will be gettingthe 5620S tonight hopefully

their is another question i know behind the scenes of the dreambox its very technical and uses linux operating system :) which i am more than happy with i love linux and love hacking :).. so will be fun.... but the mrs might want to use the dreambox to turn over channels will this be easy enough as i wont get it if she cant change channels ?

using the Dreambox and simple channel hop or surf or watching is straight forward, so your mrs will find easy enough to use. The 5620s is a great receiver and you will soon find it very easy MD. The fix is already out on dreambox for the French footy chans that were lost.

Here are a couple of links to get you started on the dreambox-

_http://dream.sjerom.com/modules/xoopsfaq/index.php?&sel_lang=english

_http://klona.4t.com/v3/guide_eng/dbox-howto.htm

_http://www.assisteurope.com/dreamindex.htm

got my dreambox on its way :)

i payed £148 with delivery for the 5620S is that a ok deal im not bothered eitherway as its coming now ;)

well excited :)

been doing some research on the dreambox it is very complicated u use ftp and telnet to control it and update software but i will get the hang of it ;)

i am a complete novice to satellite but want to get really involved with it ;)

cant wait...

MD, good on ya!! I'm sure a lot of us would like a Dreambox but not committed ourselves to it. There is so much choice out there that it can be a long process deciding what suits your own need best.
Please keep up updated after you have made installation, such issues as:
1) How easy to install/set up?
2)What the hardware/softwre is like for ease of use and understanding?
3)What you can actually get with the embedded softwrae?
4)Day to Day running, new features, uploads/downlaods etc.

Looking forward to your future postings!!

dont worry pal i will keep everyone posted on my progress with this new toy.

i cant wait to get stuck in.

kwerrett said:
Looking forward to your future postings!!

@kwerrett, hope you can help out around the sat sections, we just might need it. :)
lol, i can see i'm gonna need lots of help guys. :)

nah, I think its a good decision MD, and i do look forward to your questions really because i'm sure it will help others in the future.

lee if i put a motor on my dish will i get more options

remember that one side is restricted

if i put a motor on the dish will i get more transponders in that area ?

or are most of them on the other side ?

Regards
Mickie D

well the good news is that if you can get hotbird/astra then that wall is fine for receiving loads more. The dish will move further round away from the wall, so you could get 1west and right round to 30west, maybe more. It will certainly give you loads more choice and you could get many feeds for footy, on satellites like 16degEast. If you dont have problem with neighbours then maybe go motorised at a later time.

cheers lee ;)

i cant wait to get the box :)

well i dont know if these will help you MD ask pinky,
just some files for your new dreambox i leeched off annother site :Laugh:

Pinky,
no probs, will help out best I can.

MD: just be sure your motorised dish has full sweep E-W. I am a little resticted with my 60cm dish as I have some VERY tall pine tress not 15 meters from me. Have had to raise a pole up as high as safety would allow but still restricted. Get 100% on 28.2e, 19e and 13e, have trouble with 16e and 1w etc. Good news is those pines ore on my land, bad news is that they are so high I will need to hire a cherry picker to reach the tops. Already got my chainsaw so just waiting for good weather. When they are done I can lower the pole and put up my 1 meter dish which I have already.

Good luck with the dreambox

cheers clive and thanks guys.... still waiting for box ?

but i have added a PM notification to my signature so people can contact me if they have a dreambox and we can get something kicking in the ssharing department

@ lee i was told by you before about buying an original cad for about 70 odd quid ?

which sort of networks will i need that for

and where is a list of channels available to hotbird and astra ?

cheers m8y

_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/europe.html

that link shows you all packages and channels found on Astra 19* and Hotbird 13* plus some other sats too.

The card i told you about before was the ART sports package, which gives loads of premiership matches and was previously in english on Hotbird. But just recent, ART have been forced to stop broadcasting english commentary on Hotbird. You can still get loads of live premiership footy with the original smartcard, but no english sound, so still worth the money.

lol, sorry digidude, you beat me to that reply, but i was already halfway thru replying and had to feed the baby. But you got the same link as me, i didnt copy ya honest.

lee how you know about all these channels lol, its mind boggling ;)

ok what is the movie package i will need to get hold on via hotbird and astra :)

and am i thinking right if i get my dish motorised i can pick up the free to air chans from sky via the dreambox..... and is the sky satellite called eurobird or am i of my nut lol

Back