Dreambox DM800 HD PVR >> ' /flash/vmlinux.gz'

Yeah also needs to be null modem not a serial cable

That's clear, thanks once again.

By the way through my days of torture, I've downloaded no less than 35 different DM800 images. Is it advisable to upload them to my mediafire account and put them in a thread so other users can benefit if they can.

If you startup the box you can always see af ter the dreammultimedia logo the sim team if it shows you team201team it.s a 2.01 sim if rhere iS ferrary its the ferrary team zo simpel as that

If you startup the box you can always see af ter the dreammultimedia logo the sim team if it shows you team201team it.s a 2.01 sim if rhere iS ferrary its the ferrary team zo simpel as that

I think the system by-pass all this and goes to '/flash/vmlinux.gz' error.
If the power button is pressed, it does what other receivers do ' ***STOP**** IP number...

If the USB Stick is plugged into the box, it only display 'DREAMBOX MULITMEDIA' and stay as such.

Nu question why using an USB stick at stop modus just start internet exployer type in the displayed IP And flash the box first a bootloader di not reboot nut directly flash the image in the vix af ter that remove power cable wait Abd plug it in again NOS just wait a while

No, No, the USB stick bit was just an example of all the different error messages I see at different occasions. I did not intend to use it but it was accidentally plugged into the back of the box at one stage maybe.

Ok lets start from the beginning first the dm800 and your computer connected seperatad to your router by wire then set your dm800 to the stop mode write down the ip of the dm800 open on your computer internet exployer and put the ip adres of the dm800 on the search entry without http// now you will get a browserscreen of dreambox go down on this page and find flash image text
Now you get a possibility to search the bootloader and flash it DO NOT REBOOT after flashing but go back to sarch opion now search your image and flash it to the box DONT REBOOT
after flash pull the power of the dm800 wait 30 seconds and put it in and power on
now wait sometimes it can take 10 minutes for everyting will be totally finisched loading first time
After that the dm 800 working with image but you have to load a channellist and cccam.config c_line to get channels to see if you sharing...

First of all find your selfs bootloader ssl#84b flash it to the dm800 then set patched image openpli bij gjstroom (you canfind it on the forum) onthe box ....ready...without channellist..etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the system by-pass all this and goes to '/flash/vmlinux.gz' error.
If the power button is pressed, it does what other receivers do ' ***STOP**** IP number...

If the USB Stick is plugged into the box, it only display 'DREAMBOX MULITMEDIA' and stay as such.

Stop everything..Get yourself the Null modem cable and we all go from there fresh and new.forget what has been done so far and don't do anything else
When you have the null modem cable we will step by step from there...

Yeah also needs to be null modem not a serial cable

First of all find your selfs bootloader ssl#84b flash it to the dm800 then set patched image openpli bij gjstroom (you canfind it on the forum) onthe box ....ready...without channellist..etc.

Stop everything..Get yourself the Null modem cable and we all go from there fresh and new.forget what has been done so far and don't do anything else
When you have the null modem cable we will step by step from there...

Hi Guys,

I had some luck, but no satisfactory result till now,

I connected the null-modem cable, at first, there was no connection between the laptop and the box. I then used dreamup.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't got a clue what I did, because after several attempts the progress bar started to show and reached its end. An error warning appeared saying (No CA found etc.. (please see image 1)).

View attachment 75143

After frustrations, I’ve noticed there was a message saying (Box is in networked HTTP mode.. (marked in red in image 1 above))

I disconnected the net cable from the box and started again, progress immediately started and reached its end but remained there waiting for acknowledgment. (Please see image 2)

View attachment 75144

Again I don't know what happened; maybe I connected the net cable. Then it started saying that it is 'calculating checksum and uploading files to box' then said 'box flashing from memory (image 3)
The FLASH button became active, I selected the (assumingly original image) for the box.

View attachment 75145

Then first disappointment, 'Flashing failed' and 'box will be unusable now' (image 4)

View attachment 75146

I did something, I can't remember what it was, or maybe the FLASH button was still active, I selected another image that was in my laptop for the past 12 months. I selected it . The process of uploading file to the box started again. As you can see from the following image there was no break in the operation.

image 5
View attachment 75147

Then, the good news, (image6) flashing finished successfully.

image 6
View attachment 75149

I was so disappointed that after all this I restarted the box and this message was on the LCD :

sim 2.01
team #76
Error 1 : No CA found

Doesn’t this box need a bullet right through it?

I’ve been trying to repeat what I’ve done, it’s not happening ! I also tried to press the power button whilst connecting the power to reach the (**Stop** IP--------) it ‘s refusing to go there. It only boots to above error1 even without the null-modem cable.

PS: I've used two images in above process :
1) - original-SSL76dm800-DE133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi (assuming it was original)
2) - EDG-Nemesis-2.Beta-dm800-OE-1.6-ramiMAHER.nfi (flashed successfully but caused the error)

sim 2.01
team http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=76#76

see for your self #76 means a very old bootloader first flash a newer bootloader ssl#84b and find then a fixed #84b image (not Original) image and read.... fixed image an Original image will never work on a clone box...

try this image... https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/318885/

bootloader ssl#84b just search the web..

sometimes dreamup fails to work in that case search on the web for SUNRAY-FLASHUP v1.3.3.7 looks the same but believe me works better

sim 2.01
team http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=76#76

see for your self #76 means a very old bootloader first flash a newer bootloader ssl#84b and find then a fixed #84b image (not Original) image and read.... fixed image an Original image will never work on a clone box...

try this image... https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/318885/

bootloader ssl#84b just search the web..
I've got (bootloader ssl#84b and ssl#84a) I also have this image. The problem now is how to flash this bootloader.? Dreamup seems to hae stopped responding.

sometimes dreamup fails to work in that case search on the web for SUNRAY-FLASHUP v1.3.3.7 looks the same but believe me works better
I try this as well, I heard my friend mentioning it. I'll give it a go right away.

oke good luck
i know the above problem with dreamup as i have had it myself with sunray-flashup i get the box working again ..

oke good luck
i know the above problem with dreamup as i have had it myself with sunray-flashup i get the box working again ..

Thanks a lot, I am searching for it now, found mostly in Russian sites.

i have it here on my p.c but don't know how i get it there :Drums:

I got it now, the layout is exactly like dreamup. I think it did the same as well, it reached the end of the progress bar and stopped saying 'waiting for akbiwledgement' . I will restart the whole system and see

Back