Dreambox DM800 HD PVR >> ' /flash/vmlinux.gz'

It has gone into coma just like dreamup "waiting for acknowledgement" for the 20 minutes.

your problem is you are confusing everything.
FOLLOW THIS:
The most important thing first is you have a network connection to allow computer to communicate with box.
Are you using null cable straight from computer to box both ends connected to serial port or do you have a usb converter on computer end.
if you are using the usb port on computer you will need to install this driver.http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/firmware/dm800se/CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.zip
if you are using serial port then no need.

With box OFF Connect box to your computer with null modem cable,ALSO connect box to router using Ethernet once everything is connected power on box while holding power button then release when you see STOP on display and wait it can take a while for ip to appear.
Once you see IP address Type this into your browser and you should get the box flash page.load and flash Bootloader THEN CLICK PAGE BACK,load and flash image this can take a while..Then click PAGE BACK AGAIN.load and flash the bootloader again..then pull out power cable for 10-15 seconds then power up as normal.

ANY tools etc you need are here in downloads section so just look.
try:dreamup patched - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community
and i have added this for you:Sunray flashup - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community

Last edited:
your problem is you are confusing everything.
FOLLOW THIS:
The most important thing first is you have a network connection to allow computer to communicate with box.
Are you using null cable straight from computer to box both ends connected to serial port or do you have a usb converter on computer end.
if you are using the usb port on computer you will need to install this driver.http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/firmware/dm800se/CP210x_VCP_Win_XP_S2K3_Vista_7.zip
if you are using serial port then no need.

With box OFF Connect box to your computer with null modem cable,ALSO connect box to router using Ethernet once everything is connected power on box while holding power button then release when you see STOP on display and wait it can take a while for ip to appear.
Once you see IP address Type this into your browser and you should get the box flash page.load and flash Bootloader THEN CLICK PAGE BACK,load and flash image this can take a while..Then click PAGE BACK AGAIN.load and flash the bootloader again..then pull out power cable for 10-15 seconds then power up as normal.

ANY tools etc you need are here in downloads section so just look.
try:dreamup patched - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community
and i have added this for you:Sunray flashup - Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, television, consoles, community
When I connect power to the Box it only boots to the same error (SIM 201, error 1, No CA found) and remain there. It does not go any further.

When I connect power to the Box it only boots to the same error (SIM 201, error 1, No CA found) and remain there. It does not go any further.

yes you have to force flash bootloader.
are you booting holding power button in.??

Required

Null Modem Cable (this is NOT the same as a serial or rs232 cable, although it looks the same)
Image File (.img) or a (.nfi) file
DreamUp Program

Instructions

Disconnect all cables from your dreambox, including the power
Connect the null modem cable to the dreambox and to your PC
Load Dreamup.exe
Click Connect and you will see a message like this

CONNECTION PREPARED NOW TURN ON DREAMBOX.

Connect the power and the bootloader should be copied to the box
The message should now say 'Box attached and Ready'
Click Flash on the right hand side and select the image to be flashed

Click Yes

Note: If you're flashing a backup image, select NO.
The image should then be uploaded to the box
There will be a countdown timer at the bottom of the program

After the image is uploaded, it will be flashed to memory

Click OK and close down Dreamup
Power off the dreambox for 30 seconds then power up
If any errors appear, check all cables are connected properly and repeat the process but do not use the PC while it's running

What you may need to do is a dummy flash.load dreamup patched/sunray as normal the ip address in dreamup will be wrong but just do a flash.after flash close dreamup via red corner cross and open it again straight away.
in the dropdown ip address box click on it and you should see ip addres of your box it will be a different ip to the one there already and select it and flash proper.

Last edited:
yes you have to force flash bootloader.
are you booting holding power button in.??
I will try to force flash bootloader by any means, thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted.

I will try to force flash bootloader by any means, thanks for all the help. I will keep you posted.

just follow the guild i have just posted don't bother doing anything else.

PS: I've used two images in above process :
1) - original-SSL76dm800-DE133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.nfi (assuming it was original)
2) - EDG-Nemesis-2.Beta-dm800-OE-1.6-ramiMAHER.nfi (flashed successfully but caused the error)

By the look of those image 1 was a sim 2 image and you got a NO CA error which means you flashed the wrong image for your sim.

To be honest you done so much its hard to pinpoint what going wrong your images posted don't work so very hard.

Best thing you can do is slow down take the lid off and make sure you know what sim is in there as at the moment its hard for us to know.

Describe the sim sit back and wait for some advice.

By the look of those image 1 was a sim 2 image and you got a NO CA error which means you flashed the wrong image for your sim.

To be honest you done so much its hard to pinpoint what going wrong your images posted don't work so very hard.

Best thing you can do is slow down take the lid off and make sure you know what sim is in there as at the moment its hard for us to know.

@ alyamani how old is your box do you think.?

I think you are damn right, I should have waited for proper advice. Anyway, a friend has taken the box to repair what can be repaired, it's not that I have given up, but I think I've done enough damage without gaining positive results.

thats maybe the best solution let someone else look at the box to get it alive again...

: multi :

but no dobt about the sim inside on the display you see SIM 201 TEAM so its a sim 2.01
as simple as that...
the only thing what goes wrong is the way to flash i thing thats the point somewere you make a mistake to connect the dreambox.. to internet or null modem cable so let the friend tell and let you see the right way...:Laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
thats maybe the best solution let someone else look at the box to get it alive again...

: multi :

but no dobt about the sim inside on the display you see SIM 201 TEAM so its a sim 2.01
as simple as that...
the only thing what goes wrong is the way to flash i thing thats the point somewere you make a mistake to connect the dreambox.. to internet or null modem cable so let the friend tell and let you see the right way...:Laugh:

I can't disagree with you, it was a good idea to get someone to check it.

Back