Dreambox 500 fta channels there one minute then blank the next.

andyfuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,flashed a Dm500 this evening all ok at the beginning.
Set up the network fine added a good set of bouquets and had all channels working.

As soon as i switched from BBC1 to C4 and back again BBC1 was blank yet showing snr in the 90s.
Checked other channels and most of the fta are blank but random channels like Zing work fine.

I did a reboot and BBC1 is back so im thinking all is ok.Change channels and back again and its not working but showing snr in 90s.

Tried reflashing several times,factory reset but keep getting the same problem.

Any help gladly appreciated.

Done one of these before with no problems and get all fta once ive put in my bouquets and done a scan yet with this one most of channels are there one minute then gone again.

Nothing to do with dish or cable as im running a DM800 all the time on the same dish with no problems.

Andy.

are u accessing channels tru bouquet lists or channel lists, transponder freqs can change and the channel may not be there on that freq.

also, this same prob. is being reported on alot of sat forums. on 500s

Cheers Bod,i think ive sorted it.Did my umpteenth flash and the channels came back ok everytime i swapped from channel to channel.

There was the odd one which i had to change due to frequency but at the beginning the only fta program that would work ok was BBC News.

Guessing the Pli image i was using was corrupt,

Andy.

Mate I'm having exactly the same problem!!!

When you finally fixed it did you flash via dreamup with a null modem cable or ftp/telnet...

Also any chance of a link to the image you used....I've used all the PLI Images from their website but still got the same problem!!!

Mate I'm having exactly the same problem!!!

When you finally fixed it did you flash via dreamup with a null modem cable or ftp/telnet...

Also any chance of a link to the image you used....I've used all the PLI Images from their website but still got the same problem!!!

Hiya mate after hours of frustration i just went to the Pli website and downloaded the same image again and flashed with ethernet,null modem cable with Dreamup 1.3.3.4 and it sorted it.
Before i was watching BBC1 and once i switched to say C4 and then back to BBC1 it was blank again.Had random channels like BBC News and Zing working.
The rest were blank unless i rebooted which brought them back but when i changed channels i got the same problem time and time again.
Did a factory reset but i think the main problem was a bad flash or corrupt image.

http://www.pli-images.org/ Just select Dm500 in the bar chart.

Andy.

Last edited:
thinking outside the box here, is there a problem with pli images and not the boxes? what is the next most popular image for the 500? is that working ok for people? or is it just the 500s atm is just not doing what it is told?

thinking outside the box here, is there a problem with pli images and not the boxes? what is the next most popular image for the 500? is that working ok for people? or is it just the 500s atm is just not doing what it is told?

Think Pli as a rule are pretty stable,the one im using is the maxvar image i think and it did sort the problem when i downloaded the same image again and reflashed.

Delete the image your using and download another its worth a try.

Andy.

Think Pli as a rule are pretty stable,the one im using is the maxvar image i think and it did sort the problem when i downloaded the same image again and reflashed.

Delete the image your using and download another its worth a try.

Andy.

what bouquet did u use? what did u use to ftp it your box?

stef

what bouquet did u use? what did u use to ftp it your box?

stef

Not sure who the author is of the bouquet but it seems pretty good,ive added a few things to it.If you want it will gladly send it you just pm your email.
Using Dreambox edit to send over the bouquet.

Andy.

thats whats stopping me. i have a decent bouquet. i cant ftp it over from dbedit. im missing something me thinks. when i ftp with dbedit it says that everything is transfered successfully, resart box for new services to start. (or words to that effect) after that its not changed after i restart. . im missing something, leaving it until tmrw to try again. fed up now.

thats whats stopping me. i have a decent bouquet. i cant ftp it over from dbedit. im missing something me thinks. when i ftp with dbedit it says that everything is transfered successfully, resart box for new services to start. (or words to that effect) after that its not changed after i restart. . im missing something, leaving it until tmrw to try again. fed up now.

In options are you hitting the tab satellite receiver and saving,this is for enigma 1.
Are you hitting the reload settings on Dreambox when your done??

Andy.

Last edited:
You'll probably need to toggle from version 3/4 to version 2.

Go to tools then toggle...then send it over.

You'll probably need to toggle from version 3/4 to version 2.

Go to tools then toggle...then send it over.

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!!!! well done that guy,

have this

:Cheers:

:beer:

:bouncing:

brilliant!!!

stef

Has anyone got a link to an image that stops this ?
I've tried quite a few and still getting black screens when i go back mainly from encrypted channels

I found quite a few problems with the maxvar images, use pli jade 3 non maxvar and it works fine for me.

Cheers Ellie i'll give it a go.
I wondered if it might be something to do with the new epg or bouquets i'm using as i was using a maxvar image before and never had this problem.

Back