dream500s and motorised dish

oscar

Inactive User
Reaction score
just got my new 500s and as soon as i plug it in it states please wait moving to 19e and then moves but not to 19e . ihave tried to stop it but to no avail is there any way i can stop it from moving so i can do a scan i have to set it back to 19e with my old fortec star .
thanks
colin

what position is it going to?.
are your latt and long positions correct in the dream box?
you can set it to goto position o in the dreambox then check position on dish.
have you tried a scan when the dish has positioned itself?
i had similar issue when i sent mine to 28e the dish was moving west had to reflash image.
have you done any scans for sattelites at all?

i am totaly new to this mate i have had my fortec for a few years but this 500s is a bit more complicated , i think i will have to do a lot more reading , i have not done any scans as the dish kepps moving as far as it can to the west i have looked at the settings in the menu but it wont lock on to any sats , i will have another play with it but any advice would be greatfully aprieciated .
oscar

what image have you put on there?
have you put your long and lattitude in.you can get them from multimap.

just got my new 500s and as soon as i plug it in it states please wait moving to 19e and then moves but not to 19e . ihave tried to stop it but to no avail is there any way i can stop it from moving so i can do a scan i have to set it back to 19e with my old fortec star .
thanks
colin

Exactly how did you align your motorised dish up up mate,pole/bracket has to be spot on b4 you align too,ie with spirit level.

Has it still got the original image on it, or have you put on another image if not you will need to get a null modem cable from maplins or ebay or a good satellite store. then you will need dreamup software for flashing the box with an upto date choice from many. images

If i was you i would flash it with a maxvar image this gives you more memory for cams etc!, most common cams are Mgcamd & Camd which will open different channels with an upto date set of keys.

is your unit going to be connected to a router...?

Back