Done me back now :(

jamesyboyjim

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well I've been suffering the last week or so with my legs and nasty sunburn which was annoying but I'm on the mend now apart from a big cut from a blister :) but today I was at work bending ever so slightly wiping a crate and I felt what can only be described as an explosion in my lower back, it shocked me and I fell to my knees. Thought I'd been shot or something equally as irrational. I immediately stood back up quite shocked and my back is locked up and I'm in agony, I tried walking it off but by this point I think I'm panicking a bit as I couldn't breathe too well so the first aider came down calmed me down etc took me away had a look blah blah and said I might have trapped a nerve and that there isn't really much you can do,

I stayed at work for the day even though I didn't do much other than walk about a bit as slowly walking is the only way of relieving it slightly but when I got home I sat down and couldn't get up I had to roll myself onto my knees and use the table to help climb up I was crying out loud in pain and god knows what the neighbours thought lol.

I'm so annoyed this has happened as my annual leave was buggered up with my sunburn and now my 3 day weekend is buggered because of my back, so as much as maybe this post should be in the rant room I'm wondering if you guys reckon I should nip up minor injuries or something? Is it worth it? Or have I just pulled a muscle? I'm really unsure what to do but I'm in so much pain it's driving me insane :(

get yerself to A&E, at the very least you will get some decent painkillers...

+1 from me. Sooner you get there less chance of drunken arseholes spoiling yer visit:proud:
HH.

Do you have an out of hours number for your local GP?

Might be worth contacting them if it's hard to move around - wouldn't.be much fun getting to and hanging around A&E.

Hope you get it sorted Jim - all the best.

Thanx guys, I was going to get my missus to run me up the hospital but she's shattered so ill try and get some sleep tonight and see how it is tomorrow. I've borrowed a little tens machine which is quite nice so ill have another go with that then attempt bed. Thanx again all I'll update the thread in the morning :)

Woke up needing a wee and couldn't get up, it's just taken me ten minutes just to get to the bathroom and now I'm back in bed as I'm so tired but can't sleep, really don't wanna call anyone out and cause a scene though

Mate I did my back in sitting on the sofa incorrectly. Chiropractor work wonders! Yours a little more serious tho

Sent from my GT-I9100

try 111 mate. and +1 for a chiropractor. a mate of mine has major back trouble and has found a guy who sorts him out every time. im sure he has a different ailment to you but he can feel the difference straight away when he has been to him.

Jamesy if you cannot get to the Hospital, call the Doctor out it really needs checking out mate. The longer you leave it the worst it could get. Hopefully it is just a trapped nerve so anti-inflammatory's should ease it over the weekend. However you may have a slipped disc??? so you will need an X- Ray at least. Can you see what I am saying Jamesy?, please get yourself checked over ASAP. Take care mate and keep us informed.

I'm going to attempt a shower and see if anyone can run me up minor injuries or a&e as its only getting worse :(

Oh and now my virmin broadband has just gone down. I'm not sure who I've pissed off but I'm really sorry lol

I soooo know how you feel mate, I've had back problems on & off for 30 years. Try not to lie down to it, except in a nice hot bath- that may loosen things up a bit to get you moving again- a good chiropractor or osteopath is well worth a visit and may be able to tell you if there are any underlying problems. In the meantime good luck at A&E, and go easy on the anti-inflammatories they'll give you- good in the short term, but they'll knacker your stomach after a while.
You have my full sympathy.

Hi mate thanx for the advice, I'm at minor injuries now gonna be hours by the looks of things :( been told they don't X-ray backs though so dunno if its worth walking out or not?

Hi mate thanx for the advice, I'm at minor injuries now gonna be hours by the looks of things :( been told they don't X-ray backs though so dunno if its worth walking out or not?

Stay where you are jamesy until the Docs take a look and diagnose what your problem is.

Hold in there and make sure you get examined, at least they will be able to tell you what action is required.
As Miggy said if you don't find out what it is you could end up doing a lot more damage.
Anyhow, good luck and I hope that it's not too serious.

Back