DM800Pro Rev M tuner Works then Tune Failed on HD channels ?

lombard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, i have a DM800Pro with Rev M tuner, problem is it works, say 1-7hrs , then get Tune Failed on all HD channel but all SD channels fine, when i get tune failed front led starts flickering like lack of power, i changed PSU same problem, in process in getting another rev m tuner to try,

if i let box cool, try again say in 2hrs, it works again , what do you think it is, i reckon tuner is faulty

Thanks

Possibly faulty tuner..may also be over heating. Is the internal fan working or is it a never 800PRO with big heatsink ? try sitting it on a USB laptop cooler.

whats making me think its tuner, is that i got two tuners, once i get tune failed , i replace with another tuner thats cold , it works, but if i quickly re slot in original tuner thats still warm, fails on hd channels ? but both tuners have same fault being i get tune failed on all hd channels after 1-8 hours use, so even if the box is hot after i get failed tune, if i put in quickly a cold tuner it works ,

very fustrating, im in process ordering another rev m tuner from a different seller , see what happens

thanks for your response

Weird for both tuners to have the same fault..i.e: after prolonged usage. In not convinced it is the tuners may well the reciever itself and internal tempreatures or maybe dodgy solder joint /component that reveals itself when the box is warm..

sounds like its just a over heating problem to me, definetely try a cheap usb notebook cooler, they work a treat!

hi, thanks for your responses, im first gonna try another tuner when it arrives, its from different supplier so hopefully different batch, then if still happens, then try a usb cooler, its so frustrating , you gotta wait like 1 - 8 hrs ,

Hi, i got my mates rev m tuner from his dm800pro, his had his box about 1 year now and never had issues with it, installed in his tuner and tuner i had in my own box put in his box , so now will just let it run see what happens, will report back in 2-3 days .

Thanks

Hi all, back, and looks like its tuner issue not box, as i have got friends 1 year old rev m tuner, put in my box and no issues for 2 days now, i put in my tuner in his box and was ok for around 11 hrs he says, and now came up with tune failed on hd channels, seems must be bad batch have rev m tuners, also a pain to find out, as would need to test box at least a day, im gonna get a hdd cooler and connect it to internal fan connection so turns off in standby, have fan blowing into box from top see if its a heat issue.

thanks all

funnily enough ive been getting exactly the same thing, had to put a desk fan blowing on the box for the time being.

funnily enough ive been getting exactly the same thing, had to put a desk fan blowing on the box for the time being.

Does the desk fan cure the issue ? If so then it's definitley looking like a heat issue. Strange I used to own 2 x 800HD PRO's didnt have any issues like this on one fo them the internal fan got noisy I disconnected it and still didny have any heat issues box had a internal hard disk as well. I did use a laptop cooler after a while though just as a precaution.
The internal fans are pretty much useless on the 800HD PRO too small to shift any significant airflow...

it doesnt stop glitching all together but it certainly reduces it. i used my temp gun and certain parts of the tuner was at nearly 70 degrees!

Hi, still the rev m tuner from friends 1 year old box working fine , 3 days, must be parts used in my rev m tuner thats crap, i dont get glitching, just after usage for between 1-10hrs while flicking on hd channel would say tune failed , all sd channels working, only hd channel working is itv hd, if switch box off for 20mins or so and boot again, works again till next time, very fustrating problem, i had a few dm800pro never had this problem before, even have some running without internal fan and run great,

Hi, still the rev m tuner from friends 1 year old box working fine , 3 days, must be parts used in my rev m tuner thats crap, i dont get glitching, just after usage for between 1-10hrs while flicking on hd channel would say tune failed , all sd channels working, only hd channel working is itv hd, if switch box off for 20mins or so and boot again, works again till next time, very fustrating problem, i had a few dm800pro never had this problem before, even have some running without internal fan and run great,

Intresting, how old is the box that has this glitching problem ? Maybe there has been a batch of dodgy rev M tuners...or quality has dropped recently. The last 800HD PRO Recievers i've used are probably at least 1 year old.
Might be better to get the Broadcom tuners in the 800 PRO then, there is a model of the 800 PRO that uses the same broadcom tuner as the 800SE.

Hi, its new only bought this week 2pcs, i have bought few for friends in past and never had this problem, think the BCM tuner costs more, must be dodgy batch or less quality part used, im gonna look at the old rev m tuner that works perfect and comapre it to the new one see if parts or numbering looks different, its such a fustrating fault as well, as fault doesnt come up right away, but may do after 10hrs +

mine is getting worse. low ecms so not that but glitches like hell..............and i have the desk fan on it.........

i am how ever recording something and watching something else so may well be that .

very very anoyying on films in surround sound when using the amp

mine is getting worse. low ecms so not that but glitches like hell..............and i have the desk fan on it.........

i am how ever recording something and watching something else so may well be that .

very very anoyying on films in surround sound when using the amp

hi, the dm800 struggles when you recording expecially high bitrate hd channel, i tried quite a few images, and found openpli 2.1 to record the best, doesnt glitch as much as long you dont try to go throught boquets while its recording,

also dont have timeshift running on , i think the 300mhz cpu in dm800pro is on its limit, or images aint been optimized,

the dm800se is flawless not a hint of lag, even can rewind live tv , flawless, just the hardware dm800 it does struggle

i found out the tuners that are 10v on underside , i get tune failed on hd channels could be 1 hr or 10hrs, i found the 10f ones work perfect, i even covered the top vent to get it even hotter lol and still going after 3 days20120210_111731.jpg

sorry im not tech minded but where can i buy one of the ones that works properly?

i take it its not possible to change that part?

dont know mate, all i can say i got 2 10v types and 3 10f types, all the 10f ones work, and the 10v both dont work,

dont know if its a heat issue , as one of the 10v ones give tune failed on hd channel with 2mins of being on, and other lasts upto before giving error, but if left to cool down , will work again, its been fustrating testing this, but seems like im close to knowing now, im just gonna let the 10f run for few more days to be 100% sure

dont know mate, all i can say i got 2 10v types and 3 10f types, all the 10f ones work, and the 10v both dont work,

dont know if its a heat issue , as one of the 10v ones give tune failed on hd channel with 2mins of being on, and other lasts upto before giving error, but if left to cool down , will work again, its been fustrating testing this, but seems like im close to knowing now, im just gonna let the 10f run for few more days to be 100% sure

Good work, hopefully we can get some more peeps to check this out aswell.

Back