DM800 HD - Tune Failed

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
OK, I have a DM800HD Sim 2.01 and just updated image. Box works fine on SD channels but as soon as I put it onto a HD channel it doesn't clear and just shows TUNE FAILED. After that not even the SD channels clear.
SNR and AGC both indicate 0% and the box will sometimes only show SD channels again following reboot.
When working SNR = 88% and AGC 99% (on BBC1).

I'm guessing the tuner is goosed but would appreciate others thoughts and input plz.

Cheers

Further to this I have discovered Channel 4HD works fine as does ITVHD. All SD channels appear to be fine

Have you tried a manual scan ?

You could also try @Rat bouquets they are upto date so if they still fail to tune then there is a hardware issue.

What dish setup are you running I ask because switches can cause these types of issues also.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have another DM800HD working off the same motorised dish setup and it's fine, both boxes running same image now and loaded with Rat's latest bouquet. The only difference between the boxes is that the working one has a Rev M tuner and the non working one has an older Rev L3 tuner.

that may be part of the problem mate

rev M tuner far better

Found another L3 kicking about and threw it into the offending box, outcome was worse with only a handful of SD channels working and any attempt to go onto a HD channel required a reboot to clear the TUNE FAILED problem. Think the 2nd L3 must have been one I swapped out and forgot to throw out! lol. I will order up a Rev M in any case. Cheers for your input guys

Back