Vu solo 2 se tuner B problem (Tune Failed)

Desitv

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I appear to be having problems with my new Vu+ Solo2 se with regards to the recording of one channel and watching of another.

I have connected the VU+ Solo2 se to the satellite dish with a twin cable, and followed the setup procedure which has been brilliantly explained on this forum, and it worked perfectly!

I was able to record one channel, whilst watching any other channel I wished, but for some unknown reason, this is no longer the case. When I am now recording a programme on one channel, and try to watch another, the screen for the programme I try to watch goes blank (apart from the channel information, and "Tuner AB" in red text), and then the message "Tune Failed".

At first I thought that it was a satellite cable issue, so I connected the twin cable which was feeding the VU+ Solo2 se s4 to a freesat box I use in another room, but this produced no operational/recording problems with the freesat box. I then connected the twin cables which usually feed the freesat box, to the VU+ Solo2 box, but this resulted in the same recurring issues.

As far as I can see, the problem only appears to be with Tuner B.

Does anyone have any ideas, because as I am new to this technology, I am not sure if I have missed something, or if it is a problem with 'Tuner B' no longer working (i.e. faulty).

Thanks very much in advance

Is it possible to disable tuner A and therefore leave you only with tuner B and see what that's like for watching and recording (obviously you can't record one channel and watch another unless it's on the same transponder).

Hi
tuner config A 28.2 E
tuner config B 28.2 E
vu solo2 se image openvix-Apollo.029..
thanks .....

normally I set Tuner B to equal tuner A, not sure what difference that makes.

record a channel, then change to another (hopefully not the same frequency) and see if the channel shows. that's it being forced to use tuner B

Or set tuner A to Not Configured and tuner B to 28.2, just to test it

normally I set Tuner B to equal tuner A, not sure what difference that makes.

record a channel, then change to another (hopefully not the same frequency) and see if the channel shows. that's it being forced to use tuner B

Or set tuner A to Not Configured and tuner B to 28.2, just to test it

Thanks all peopl help .. reflash box with diffent image .. now is working ,,,
thanks...

Back