dm 800 flashing problem

well that didnt take long lol, now all im getting is dream multimedia on the boxes screen and nothing else is happening, any ideas mate!

Try rebooting it a few times, it happend to mine, took about 8 or 9 goes to get it fired up!

yeah just try rebooting a few times, seems to happen to some people, very strange, leave the power out for about 30 seconds then try it.

just tried it about 30 times, not doing anything gents! doesnt even do anything when i turn power on while holding the power button now!

Maybe try taking the lid off again and opening the sim holder, and making sure the sim is correctly in place, thats about all i can think of at the moment mate.

sometimes when you keep turning the power on you then halve to leave it for ages, i've even heard hours to let it them discharge before they will work again.

ok goose i'll try the sim 1st if it looks ok and still doesnt work i'll leave it for abit, and if that doesnt work its getting left till 2moro, lol. and ill try flashing it again! nowts ever easy is it! ;)

No your right there if things go wrong they certainly seem to go totally wrong, yeah maybe better do do that.

managed to flash it again and its worked this time, but its saying check tuner settings, so looked in settings and it says the tuner is a philips cu1216 mk3 (dve.

is that a cable tuner, lol. as when i done an automatic scan it was searching frequencies.

also it says scan tuner A (dvb-c) im assuming thats cable!

did they make these boxes for cable or has someone just put a cable tuner in!

Last edited:
Yeah mate that is a cable tuner, lol, you are not having much luck!. If you are going to buya tuner i would sugest UKdreamshop he sells the latest rev m tuner & you would also need to buy the backplate to match a sat tuner. At least you have managed to get it flashed and working though. Total nightmare for you all the same.

Yeah you can buy a cable version.

im doing it for the fun of it mate more than owt else, my friends aquired it from somewhere and hasnt got a clue so i said i'll have a look at it for him, it seems like its running fine just the frigging tuners no good ha, what do you mean by a backplate mate, are they all different for the different tuners, might try and sting it off him if i can get it cheap enough, then buy the tuner, they look like they just clip out in these boxes theres no soldering or anything needs done is there!

im doing it for the fun of it mate more than owt else, my friends aquired it from somewhere and hasnt got a clue so i said i'll have a look at it for him, it seems like its running fine just the frigging tuners no good ha, what do you mean by a backplate mate, are they all different for the different tuners, might try and sting it off him if i can get it cheap enough, then buy the tuner, they look like they just clip out in these boxes theres no soldering or anything needs done is there!

yeah you can get a cable, sat & terrestrial tuner, so the back plate is different for each version. Yes the tuner is in a slot just like a pc motherboard really, you just push it in. yeah would be a decent box if you got cheap.

It's just the holes where the cables plug in are different on the tuners.

yeah you can get a cable, sat & terrestrial tuner, so the back plate is different for each version. Yes the tuner is in a slot just like a pc motherboard really, you just push it in. yeah would be a decent box if you got cheap.

It's just the holes where the cables plug in are different on the tuners.
where would i buy them from then mate same place like, glad ya mentioned it coz i wouldnt of bought 1 of them lol!

where would i buy them from then mate same place like, glad ya mentioned it coz i wouldnt of bought 1 of them lol!

Yeah Ukdreamshop sells the back plates to, i'm sure they are about £5-£6 something like that, it's only because i read about the backplate being different somewhere else or i wouldn't have known either.

Yeah Ukdreamshop sells the back plates to, i'm sure they are about £5-£6 something like that, it's only because i read about the backplate being different somewhere else or i wouldn't have known either.
no problem mate i'll look into it if i manage to get the box off him, if he wants anymore than £50 he can go and jump anyway, lol!

thanks for the help tonight though mate its much appreciated, have some rep!:Clap:

£50 or less would be an excellent buy, i hope you do.

Thank you, you are very welcome.

Back