DM800HDse clone Flash Problem

silvershadow21

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Was working on a mates clone dreambox this evening, and have run into the dreaded *No ca found*,
after flashing an image onto the box.

The box details are as follows
SIM 2.10
DM800SE
BOOTLOADER VERSION 84 (2011-09-01)
Production date 28th March 2013

The box has a*miniflash* at the back, so i was easily getting the bootup to the ip address again after the no ca error,but have not been able to get any futher as after flashing a selection of images from the clone download section, along with there perspective bootloaders to match, after the reflash, the box boots again to the (No ca error msg), and i am kinda stuck here.

I am flashing via the web browser on an Imac (no windows computer).

Can someone offer any advice & assistance, ?

cheers guys

Tom

Hi Guys

Was working on a mates clone dreambox this evening, and have run into the dreaded *No ca found*,
after flashing an image onto the box.

The box details are as follows
SIM 2.10
DM800SE
BOOTLOADER VERSION 84 (2011-09-01)
Production date 28th March 2013

The box has a*miniflash* at the back, so i was easily getting the bootup to the ip address again after the no ca error,but have not been able to get any futher as after flashing a selection of images from the clone download section, along with there perspective bootloaders to match, after the reflash, the box boots again to the (No ca error msg), and i am kinda stuck here.

I am flashing via the web browser on an Imac (no windows computer).

Can someone offer any advice & assistance, ?

cheers guys

Tom
are you flashing bootloader then image then bootloader again all in one go using same flash page but using back button
also try flash bootloader then kill power..then power up in flash mode again and flash image then bootloader again

are you flashing bootloader then image then bootloader again all in one go using same flash page but using back button
also try flash bootloader then kill power..then power up in flash mode again and flash image then bootloader again

Yes AJT, exactly like that mate

cheers

As this is a 800SE clone if miniflash doesnt work you need to flash via the mini USB service port with Sunray FlashUp software.
Apple are the root of all evils...it's probably the Mac and it's crappy Safari browser causing the issue. Use Windows and IE, Firefox or Chrome.

As this is a 800SE clone if miniflash doesnt work you need to flash via the mini USB service port with Sunray FlashUp software.
Apple are the root of all evils...it's probably the Mac and it's crappy Safari browser causing the issue. Use Windows and IE, Firefox or Chrome.

yep flashed many times successfully first time using chrome.windows 7 x64

Guys,
Thanks for the heads up.
Will give this proper try out when I get home from work.! Not having immediate access to A windows computer, I booted the mac into windows 7, and have managed to convert one of the usb ports to a com4 atm, but haven't managed any further than this. I don't know if any of the programs like dreamup etc, will work this way when trying to flash, but I can only try.

*note to mate *

Please buy genuine box in the future, as is so much easier and less hassle

Cheers
. Tom

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

you'd peobably have the same issues with an original box to be honest if you flashed incorrect images or bootloaders. Plus you'd have to pay double the price of a clone. Clones are easy..providing you put the initial effort in to figure out how they work, bootlaoders, SIM type etc.

you'd peobably have the same issues with an original box to be honest if you flashed incorrect images or bootloaders. Plus you'd have to pay double the price of a clone. Clones are easy..providing you put the initial effort in to figure out how they work, bootlaoders, SIM type etc.

The strange thing is I flashed with bootloader ssl84b & the clone image to suit the dm800hdse sim2 from the download section, but still ran into this trouble

The strange thing is I flashed with bootloader ssl84b & the clone image to suit the dm800hdse sim2 from the download section, but still ran into this trouble

Where you at with it now?
as for clone boxes... love them..got my dm800se on A8P sim running openpli 3.0 its a dream man

Ajt.
Give you the full run down in the morning. Horrific ain't the word lol.
Made some. Progress, but it's 2 steps. Forward, and 4 steps value backwards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Where you at with it now?
as for clone boxes... love them..got my dm800se on A8P sim running openpli 3.0 its a dream man

Firstly, apologies about the length of this post.

As am on a mac and don't have immediate access to a windows computer, I booted the mac into windows 7, and created a virtual com port. The first thing I tried was using the NFC sim2 repair tool.
Followed the instructions to a T, and run the program. it connects to the box, and runs thru the procedure, but stalls at the end , just at the message
*finalizing job Phase2 Please wait*, it stalls here and doesn't go any further, although this in fact, allows the dreambox to boot up and presents you with your flashed image, but when you try to configure the tuner setup, its says both tuners are *empty*, and you cant go any further. When you do a restart, the box again comes up with the msg *No ca found*

Next I tried the Sunray flashup tool.
Followed the procedure as per the instructions, but after the green progress bar reaches 100%, you get the msg
*waiting for acknowledgement*, it stall here and doesn't go any further. Even after 1/2hr nothing has happened.

Next up (Dreamup patched).

Followed the procedure here and the program run thru the procedure, and I thenexecuted the *enable flash button*, selected the image nfi file which was the (openpli 2.1 from the clone downloads), but I get presented with the msg *file too Big*.

Have also tried this procedure with the other method after clicking the *enforcer button*, you get *file too big *

So am kinda stuck here ATM,

Cheers

Tom

Hi when i kept getting file errors like to big or old or outdated i always had success with the dreambox uk 2.1.2 image.(HD Glass i think)
do you have Ethernet cable connected from box to router?
if your in Worcester area your welcome to my windows computer.

Last edited:
Hi when i kept getting file errors like to big or old or outdated i always had success with the dreambox uk 2.1.2 image.(HD Glass i think)
do you have Ethernet cable connected from box to router?
if your in Worcester area your welcome to my windows computer.

Cheers for the offer mate, but quite a wee bit away, in a very wet North Lanarkshire today.

Yup, brand new ethernet cable attached to the router as well

May try this out later this afternoon again, cause a need a break from this atm as my head is fried lol.

If all else fails, it will need to be a windows laptop or computer.

Tom

Hi Guys,

After a very unsuccessful few days of trying to flash the image on my Mac (thru the web browser) +( thru the dual boot with windows 7), today i had access to a windows computer.

Everything i had listed as trying to do on my mac, using at least 5 different programs for flashing & repairing, was attempted on the windows computer, and i am sorry to say i had the exact same results, which leaves me in a kind of predicament (well my mates predicament actually, as its his box) .

A box still reporting "No Ca Found"

Could there possibly be a genuine fault with the box maybe, resulting in the box unable to be flashed ?

This box was purchased from Fleebay UK, and was imported i assume from china at some stage before being sold on.
I could ask the seller if he's had any problems in the past with this problem, but dont know if this is overstepping the mark.

Comments appreciated.

best regards

Tom

Was it working when you took it on?
If so, what image was on it?
Physically check sim in receiver.

Back