dm 800 flashing problem

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi all, just tried to flash my friends box with nabilo blackhole 012 via web browser, managed to flash it but upon restart the box now displays err01 no ca found, can someone tell me where iv went wrong or push me in the right direction, as i have no clue. bootloader 70 is whats on it thats all i know, doesnt have internal fan so i think its a ferrari sim.

any help much appreciated!

hi all, just tried to flash my friends box with nabilo blackhole 012 via web browser, managed to flash it but upon restart the box now displays err01 no ca found, can someone tell me where iv went wrong or push me in the right direction, as i have no clue. bootloader 70 is whats on it thats all i know, doesnt have internal fan so i think its a ferrari sim.

any help much appreciated!

You have either flashed an original image on the box without then flashing the correct ssl for the sim version, i.e ssl76v3 for ferrari sim or ssl76c for sim 2.01, or you have flashed the wrong patched version for the sim. So now you need dreamup and a null modem cable to be able to flash it again, with out these you wont be able to do anything with it.

It could still be sim 2.01 or sim 2 without a fan.

It is older maybe sim 1 with boot loader 70 i think.

can you send me the files to sort it mate if you have them, got dreamup and null cable, just jumped in without really knowing the score, but it wasnt working anyway so im no worse off lol, how can i find the sim out then, can i see by opening it up, will it be visable!

just had the back off and its got a plain white sim card in with no writing on it or anything, if that helps, lol!

I think that would be sim 1 then with no writing.

I will go and get you dreamup think i have the patched one saved it's better than the normal one.

Found it here you go.

Attachments

• DreamUP_patched_by_forhike_and_natas.rar
    886.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I think that would be sim 1 then with no writing.

I will go and get you dreamup think i have the patched one saved it's better than the normal one.
i have the 2nd stage dreamup with the 800 fix mate, if thats what i need, just dont know what i need to put on or how to update to the latest bootloader, if indeed i need to do that!

You just use dreamup so you can get the dm in flash mode once you get an ip showing in dreamup you then open your browser and flash as normal, just make sure that the image is patched for sim one.

You just use dreamup so you can get the dm in flash mode once you get an ip showing in dreamup you then open your browser and flash as normal, just make sure that the image is patched for sim one.
ok mate i'll try that, thanks, do i just need to connect to dreamup, will that recover it, will that then make it so i can connect again via web browser.

also wheres the best place to find sim 1 images mate!

I just noticed there is a bootloader 70 version of dreamelite phoenix edition in the downloads section, i would use that rather than Nabilo as it is really an upto date image.

Yeah you conect the null modem cable open dreamup then press conect i think then you power on the box, i have done it myself and i think that is the order you do it.

I just noticed there is a bootloader 70 version of dreamelite phoenix edition in the downloads section, i would use that rather than Nabilo as it is really an upto date image.

Yeah you conect the null modem cable open dreamup then press conect i think then you power on the box, i have done it myself and i think that is the order you do it.
can you send me the link mate to that image, i couldnt find any, maybe i was looking in the wrong place!

You are very welcome, I hope this sorts it out, it should fix it, i think most people thats got these boxes has had the dreaded error at some time.

loaded dreamup, picked the box up no bother, now flashing that dream elite image in serial mode, 66 mins remaining, lol, hope it works.

loaded dreamup, picked the box up no bother, now flashing that dream elite image in serial mode, 66 mins remaining, lol, hope it works.

That's great that it's flashing, takes ages that way, sorry but once you have got it in serial mode you can then flash it through the browser normally using the ip displayed in dreamup. lol. It doesn't matter though as long as it's working again.

That's great that it's flashing, takes ages that way, sorry but once you have got it in serial mode you can then flash it through the browser normally using the ip displayed in dreamup. lol. It doesn't matter though as long as it's working again.
tried it the web browser way mate it wasnt having any of it, dont know why, was just timing out the page everytime, but it did say the ip on the screen of the box. not to worry its flashing thats the main thing, anything else i need to know or tips for setting up once flashed mate!

tried it the web browser way mate it wasnt having any of it, dont know why, was just timing out the page everytime, but it did say the ip on the screen of the box. not to worry its flashing thats the main thing, anything else i need to know or tips for setting up once flashed mate!

Thats quite strange, but at least it's flashing that way.

When your setting it up the wizard will come on screen and guide you, i would use an up to date channel settings rather than scanning the sats, you can use dreambox edit for that. if your installing CCcam or any cams they are in the download panel, you get that with, green button, yellow button, then e2 image cams.

The farther you go just shout and i will help as much as i can.

Thats quite strange, but at least it's flashing that way.

When your setting it up the wizard will come on screen and guide you, i would use an up to date channel settings rather than scanning the sats, you can use dreambox edit for that. if your installing CCcam or any cams they are in the download panel, you get that with, green button, yellow button, then e2 image cams.

The farther you go just shout and i will help as much as i can.
cheers matey, iv downloaded rats channel list, will i still have to scan with that, no im assuming, and once iv installed cccam what folder is it to ftp into it to edit the config file, is it just var/etc same as the 500's!

No you wont have to scan with that channel list, just remember to set DBedit to enigma2 for the dm800, the CCcam.config is in the /etc/ folder on dm800, mind you var/etc takes you there to.

cheers goose i'll let you know what happens then once im setup ok, or if i run into anymore problems, lol!

Back