dish mounting

right....i got my mount, had a look at it, and not done anything yet, as muskrat is kindly helping me tomorrow, but im not sure if the mount is suitable, but it may just be me being dumb. the motor i have had a big hole in one end, and connections for the lnb on the other. am i right in thinking the part with the hole sits on the mount? coz if so the mount i have is way too slim for the motor :eek:

no, the bit with the hole is where your dish mounts onto the motor...

moteck_s2100.jpg

right, got all my bits, the snow is melting, guna have a bash at it today. got a portable tv in the kitchen wired up to the reciever, so i can see the tv from outside whilst im toying with the dish. any words of advice? also, what was the link to find my long and lat again? cheers for all the help guys. also, with me buying the reciever 2nd hand, would it be best to reset it to factory settings or not?

you can get your coordinates from multimap or dishpointer.com
the latter will show you roughly where thor is in relation to your house.
Don't make massive movements as you'll miss the sat. It's a slowly slowly fine tuning job.

EDIT: I've added a picture of the details if you happened to be setting it up on the centre circle at the riverside stadium lol

Curly

Last edited:
you can get your coordinates from multimap or dishpointer.com
the latter will show you roughly where thor is in relation to your house.
Don't make massive movements as you'll miss the sat. It's a slowly slowly fine tuning job.

Curly

yeah curly is right i used dishpointer to get me the rough direction of thor then real slow movements up and down with the elevation on the dish and bamn you hit it have paitence though. Millimeters is allot with movement in a dish as digi has said before 1mm over 36,000 miles is massive :)

right guys, ive built the sat and mounted it, changed the elevation etc. when i use my reciever to go to thor, it says on screen moving to thor, but the dish doesnt move. how is the dish powered? and any ideas why it wouldnt be moving?

right guys, ive built the sat and mounted it, changed the elevation etc. when i use my reciever to go to thor, it says on screen moving to thor, but the dish doesnt move. how is the dish powered? and any ideas why it wouldnt be moving?

dont worry about that yet just make sure your dish is pointed at thor and the motor is on 0.

Then put your reciever on bbc world which is on thor 1 west and make small movements till you get a picture.

Have you put you long and lattitude into the settings on your reciever yet?

i didnt know i had to? lol im a super noob mate, the dish is up and all connected, and i changed the settings on the motor and the mount, do i put the same settings into my reciever? sorry for all the questions i just dont really have a clue lol

i didnt know i had to? lol im a super noob mate, the dish is up and all connected, and i changed the settings on the motor and the mount, do i put the same settings into my reciever? sorry for all the questions i just dont really have a clue lol

yes m8 you need to tell your reciever were you are so it knows were to move the dish to ;)

i have only done it with a dm 600 pvr so i cant tell you how exactly with your reciever.

do u think factory resetting the reciever will prompt me to enter them? as i cant find anywere to input them. when on the menu screen i get a level and a quality meter, the level meter varies but the quality seems to stay at 2%

do u think factory resetting the reciever will prompt me to enter them? as i cant find anywere to input them. when on the menu screen i get a level and a quality meter, the level meter varies but the quality seems to stay at 2%

i dont know m8 possibly in my box it is under setup/sattelites and transponders/rotor setup.

What reciever did you get m8?
If it's second hand it will more than likely have the prvious owners details in.

Curly

i got a technomate 6800hd mate. ive inputted my long and lat into it, but im still hsving no joy, get varying levels of the level meter, can get it to like 78% but the quality meter constantly stays at % guna get out and have another go in a bit. any ideas?

i got a technomate 6800hd mate. ive inputted my long and lat into it, but im still hsving no joy, get varying levels of the level meter, can get it to like 78% but the quality meter constantly stays at % guna get out and have another go in a bit. any ideas?

just worry about getting the snr as close to 100% as you can m8ty

my agc is around 85% on every sattelite my picture quality is spot on for sd.

ber will be 0 once you have hit the sattelite.

I know it has been said already m8ty but it really is a cas of millimeters between hittin the sat and missing it. When you are moving your dish from side to side you should be moving the whole assembly around the mount. Do not move the dish around the motor pole or you will never get it right.

so mate should i tighten it up and move it round the mount? as i was told to move it around the motor?

so mate should i tighten it up and move it round the mount? as i was told to move it around the motor?

No who ever told you that is wrong m8!

On the dish bracket and motor there is either a point or a line you need all of these points/lines lined up with each other tighten it onto the motor pole tight as it wll go you dont move the dish on the motor pole then.

put the whole assembly on to the mount and you move around the mount the motor and the dish all move together not the dish on the motor.

Hard for me to explain it clearly but hopefully you get what i mean.

yeh mate, i think i get u. ive tried this, but ive got a question; when im moving the dish, the level fluctuates, but only for a second, say jumps to 80, then will go back down to 1, as i move the dish it never settles on anything other than 1%

move slightly left and right by the mount on the pole and also slightly up and down on the dish elevation

thats what i have been doing bro, and the signal fluctuates, but then goes back to 1 no matter what i do :(

Back