dish mounting

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
ive bought my kit, but im waiting for it to arrive, and ive been having a good look where im going to mount the dish. all the dishes in my area point to the rear of my building which is good so u wont see a big 1m dish :p what i was thinking is this...i live in a flat above a shop with a flat roof. my standard tv arial is mounted on a chimney (which is hollow and does not have any fires or anything connected to it) its mounted via one of thos chimney lashing kits. the chimney is only say 3-4 bricks high. what i was thinking if i removed the ariel ( as it only serves my property, and i already have vm and sky so it serves 0 perpose ) could i place my dish on a mast, and mount it to the chimney? as then all i would have to do is change the ariel coax for sat cable, run it down the same track and the dish would be up
let me know ur thoughts guys, cheers

hi guys,
ive bought my kit, but im waiting for it to arrive, and ive been having a good look where im going to mount the dish. all the dishes in my area point to the rear of my building which is good so u wont see a big 1m dish :p what i was thinking is this...i live in a flat above a shop with a flat roof. my standard tv arial is mounted on a chimney (which is hollow and does not have any fires or anything connected to it) its mounted via one of thos chimney lashing kits. the chimney is only say 3-4 bricks high. what i was thinking if i removed the ariel ( as it only serves my property, and i already have vm and sky so it serves 0 perpose ) could i place my dish on a mast, and mount it to the chimney? as then all i would have to do is change the ariel coax for sat cable, run it down the same track and the dish would be up
let me know ur thoughts guys, cheers
if you fix a pole to the chimney stack that is so low you could get
a lot of movement on windy days and loose your signal
what about a mount like this just put a couple of heavy concreate
blocks on the base

Last edited:
that cud work mate, were would i pick up a mount like that? cheers
they have them here mate just add www to the link
and take a look for more info size price etc:
sateuropa.co.uk/overview.asp?catid=12&subcat=51

cheers guys, ive been up on the roof again, and i think i may be able to mount it via the chimney, im guna have a go when i get the kit, and hopefully itl b alright to mount via the existing mount

the pole on the mount for a motorised system has to be 100% vertical m8, or youll lose signals as the dish moves

Last edited:
u recon one of those would be a gd buy then bro? i think itd do the job, and itd save me drilling into the roof ( the building is the building that jack built, if i drilled the roof itd probs cave in lolol)

yeh mate,bolt the first one to a slab,i am sure one of the members had something like that

sweet, cheers mate. with this method i can put it in the middle of the roof so ill have no resrtictions for recieving signal. just one more q lol, how do i know which one i need? as they come in different sizes

Hi m8,

can you put it on the back of the building with a pole and t&k's,alot safer than the chimney,especialy if its only 3-4 courses high.......

if poss m8 can you take a picture of the part of the building thats south facing?

if im not drilling into the roof, which i wont be with a floor mount, its a flat roof, so it should be 100% stable, ill just get the above mount and drill it into a slab, and then put other slabs over the top to keep it locked in :) im just wondering if the dish will fit on any mount, or if there are certain mounts for certain dishes

if im not drilling into the roof, which i wont be with a floor mount, its a flat roof, so it should be 100% stable, ill just get the above mount and drill it into a slab, and then put other slabs over the top to keep it locked in :) im just wondering if the dish will fit on any mount, or if there are certain mounts for certain dishes

ahh right,

dishes fit any mount m8......

right....i got my mount, had a look at it, and not done anything yet, as muskrat is kindly helping me tomorrow, but im not sure if the mount is suitable, but it may just be me being dumb. the motor i have had a big hole in one end, and connections for the lnb on the other. am i right in thinking the part with the hole sits on the mount? coz if so the mount i have is way too slim for the motor :eek:

Back