Change email.

Kryton

<font color="PINK">I LOVE PINK</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
My virgin media email that i use on my account here is due to expire soon.

So today i have tried to change my email address to my hotmail account.
It will not send the verification email to my hotmail email address.
I have had to change it back to my virgin email to gain access to my account.

It sent the verification email fine to that but not my hotmail email.
Is there a way to sort this?

I am working on the emails,

We have setup DKIM, SPF, DMARC. with strict rejection for spoofing.
but there seems to be an issue from it leaving the hosts SMTP.

I have put it back to php sent from the forum until I can sort the DNS issues, its a bit mad as all the online free DNS tools verify the domain fine and accept the policies.

can you try again ?

Mick

I have put it back to php sent from the forum until I can sort the DNS issues, its a bit mad as all the online free DNS tools verify the domain fine and accept the policies.

can you try again ?

Mick
Cheers Mick.
Got the email this time.
All sorted mate. Thanks.

UPDATE:

I tested this with a member using SMTP instead of the built-in php send function.

And they received the email from DW, whereas before, his emails bounced to our internal bounce log.
Currently, there are no bounce emails, so it looks positive!

I changed the DNS yesterday, so there might be a few bounces, as it takes around 24 hours to propagate the web thoroughly.

Could you all keep an eye out?
Let me know if the emails from DW go into spam/junk or if you don't receive emails.

Regards
Mick

Got the emails from DW straight to inbox 2FA all set up fine

UPDATE:

I tested this with a member using SMTP instead of the built-in php send function..... .........
Could you all keep an eye out?
Let me know if the emails from DW go into spam/junk or if you don't receive emails.

Regards
Mick
@Mick

FYI ..... Got the DW email sent this evening but it went directly to my Yahoo Spam folder.

can you try again ?

Mick
The new DKIM and SPF changes are a pain but will improve things for the greater good really.

But also just to confirm it worked on the smaller less well known email I use and they didn't flag it as spam so far so thats great! As it has caused me issues before with stuff getting sent to spam on there 😢

The new DKIM and SPF changes are a pain but will improve things for the greater good really.

But also just to confirm it worked on the smaller less well known email I use and they didn't flag it as spam so far so thats great! As it has caused me issues before with stuff getting sent to spam on there 😢
Downloads needed?

Back