Digital World EXCLUSIVE! SPEED CAMERA DATABASE!

I am liking this place big time. I've also seen a few spots where camera's have gone/been torched/stolen/etc so I can't wait to join the fun and games...

KUTGW

I am liking this place big time. I've also seen a few spots where camera's have gone/been torched/stolen/etc so I can't wait to join the fun and games...

KUTGW

all very well, but i thought the idea was to tell them where cameras are and not where they aren't?

@ THE TEAM - any inkling as to how many cameras have been submitted so far? and roughly how many will be in this first release?

mm

This seems to be a "one stop shop" of information.
Well done.
:Clap::banana::BLOBBY::proud:

not working for me

UPDATED FRONT END

you can now SEARCH our front end and find the longitude and latitude right from DW

if you go to

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/satnav.php

you can drag and drop the red marker and it will give you your longitude and your latitude below :)

you can also now search address (roads, landmarks, city, etc) to find your longitude and latitude right here at DW

Enjoy
Mickie D

Hi Mickie, getting your Lat Long from the drop marker, is this working for peeps, I can see Latritude and Lontidude but no matter were I move the drop marker i am not getting a reading displayed ?.

Any help would be great as this would be a real easy way to do it

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mickie, getting your Lat Long from the drop marker, is this working for peeps, I can see Latritude and Lontidude but no matter were I move the drop marker i am not getting a reading displayed ?.

Any help would be great as this would be a real easy way to do it

could you tell me what browser you are using please :)

and what style but i think i have updated them all now :)

@ mathew there has been allot i would not like to say how many are right we will need to go through them.

i would say there is almost 4000 now and its been just one day really

Regards
Mickie D

Just got back from an unplanned last minute holiday in Turkey yesterday and just seen this .A big thanks goes to mickie david and the rest for putting this together Whatever next !!

@mickie d , david h and team

just a thought, the actual database is just that a collection of co-ordinates of cameras so its going to be very similar to any other database that is knocking around....but it will be very easy for any other database supplier to check if their work has been copied.

i have noticed over the last couple of years that i have had a sat nav and used the other database (like everybody else) that quite often the camera is depicted on the wrong side of the road. whilst this is not a problem when driving but it makes it easy to see if your file or data has been copied

ive been the instigator of a couple of poi files for the engineers at the company i work for and the co-ordinates don't have to change much for the position of an item to be correctly positioned, and often wondered why they appear in the wrong place. perhaps they were long sighted and could see what might/would happen.

i am just thinking aloud now you don't need to answer how are you going to check the co-ordinates that "our" members give you are genuine measured co-ordinates and not copied from the other database, also how are you going to check and that the camera does really exist as wrong data is as bad or worse than no data ?

i will start to log data and input to the site.

if i can be of any help at all in the production just give me a shout.

hatab

Andy i've just logged in the cameras near where i live and i guess i didn't zoom in far enough to put them on the correct side of the road,never thought about it but i suppose if its 30 mph on one side of the road chances are it'll be the same on the other and if it slows us down then thats a good thing i guess .I dare say the other database is the same as its updated by the general public who are probably as thick as i am and never bothered to make sure which side of the road they were on so they would have a hard time trying to prove their database had been compromised
ps
i'll be more careful in future

hi charlie

how it going, its alright for some u are always on holiday....lol...u have a good time ?

no m8 what i was getting at, i am sure the database that is available from p0cket.g.p.s has items in it that are their "check" locations that have no camera or it is not quite where it is in real life, but it is in there to see if hatab inc. camera database is just a copy of their database.

i see what u mean but tomtom does have a fault
it doesnt recognise if the camera is on the correct side of the road and if it is in the direction that u r going
this has been brought to the attension of tomtom but not been rectified

as u know if u r traveling down a road and the camera is on the other side
u still get the warning

hi charlie

how it going, its alright for some u are always on holiday....lol...u have a good time ?

no m8 what i was getting at, i am sure the database that is available from p0cket.g.p.s has items in it that are their "check" locations that have no camera or it is not quite where it is in real life, but it is in there to see if hatab inc. camera database is just a copy of their database.

Yeah but say a member from DW posted the same camera that was there to check copyright how can that be our fault we cannot stop members from putting in cameras ?

How many times are posts taken from one site to another ?

A member here might want to be helpful and just copy some cameras from another database but we cannot tell because we would need to physically go there and check, I would find it very hard to believe that a site could blame us for the cameras that our members upload.

We believe in good faith that all cameras submitted are genuine that's all we can do.

Regards
Mickie D

could you tell me what browser you are using please :)

and what style but i think i have updated them all now :)...

It doesn't pull up lat and long in IE6 (work won't let me update to 7 or use firefox!) on all skins.

The error on page eclamation appears in status bar. Error message is:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Not too bothered as it works fine at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but say a member from DW posted the same camera that was there to check copyright how can that be our fault we cannot stop members from putting in cameras ?

How many times are posts taken from one site to another ?

A member here might want to be helpful and just copy some cameras from another database but we cannot tell because we would need to physically go there and check, I would find it very hard to believe that a site could blame us for the cameras that our members upload.

We believe in good faith that all cameras submitted are genuine that's all we can do.

Regards
Mickie D

surely then you can just use 'the other site's entire database and say a user uploaded it and you didn't know? sounds good to me :D

mm

ps - hey are you impressed, i've managed to remember where the forum was!!!

surely then you can just use 'the other site's entire database and say a user uploaded it and you didn't know? sounds good to me :D

By the way, this was obviously sarcasm! Seriously though, if 'the other site' really pushed it with a solicitor couldn't they still hold you to blame? I would have thought it like receiving stolen goods?

MM

Hi all
This is a great idea
After trying it got annoyed though
maps dont zoom quick enough
Dont suppose its pos to make a postcode zoom or something similar
Since we will only want to input the 1s we are sure of

By the way, this was obviously sarcasm! Seriously though, if 'the other site' really pushed it with a solicitor couldn't they still hold you to blame? I would have thought it like receiving stolen goods?

MM
u could be right

i was also thinking that we may set up a poi database
with these in

Argos
Asda
B&Q
Booker
Bowling
Brewsters
Burger King
Caffè Nero
Car Auctions
Car Parks & Garaging
Caravan & Camping Club Sites
Castles
Center Parcs
Congestion Charge Zones (London & Durham)
Co-Op etc
Costco
CountryWide Farmers LPG
Dunelm Mills
English Heritage
Exhaust & Tyre
Fast Food
Fish & Chips
Football Grounds
Geocaching
Gibbs & Dandy
Greggs
Halfords
Harry Ramsdens
Hilton
Holiday Inn Express
Homebase
HSS
Hungry Horse
Iceland
Ikea
Innkeepers Lodge
John Lewis
Karting
Key Fuels
KFC
Lakeland
Lidl
Little Chef
LPG Forecourts
Makro
Maplin
McDonalds
Morrisons
Motorbike Parking
Motorway Junctions
Motorway Services
Museums
National Trust Sites
Netto
Odeon Cinemas
Paintball
Parts Center
PC World
Pizzahut
Plumb Center
Poundland
Premier Travel Inn
RSPB
Sailing Clubs
Sainsbury
ScrewFix (Used with Permission)
Ski & Snowboard
Staples
Starbucks
SubWay Sarnie
Super League
Swimming Pools
Tesco
Theme Parks
TK Maxx
Toys R Us
Train Stations
Travelodge
UCI Cinemas
UK Mountains
Underground (London & Glasgow)
Waitrose
Wetherspoons
WiFi Hot Spots
Yates'
Youth Hostels (Scotland only at present)
Zoos

i think the members would like it what do u think???????????

Great idea david .The better we can get this the less likelihood there is to visit the other site which BTW was created by members uploading the camera sites to it ,then they have the cheek to charge people ( who may have uploaded to it ) to download the database.Well done to you all who have worked on this

Back