• No - never owned one

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I am too young - wtf is a soda stream

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

jaffa

Inactive User
Reaction score
Having seen daveleebonds thread about slush puppies it made me think of the soda stream machines.

Did you ever own one and if so what did you think of them.

I had one years ago when lemonade (not soda thats a yank word) was more expensive and you didnt get 3 litres for £1. There were pants though but the kids loved making their own.

We were too poor mate.....:grayno::grayno:
HH.

We were too poor mate.....:grayno::grayno:
HH.

lol, same here m8. I remember xmas time, all the prezzies I get, I get to keep one, all others were recycled!
I listened to my old man back in them days and never talked back.
I thought it was unfair I didnt get prezzies so my kids get what they want within reason. Now I know why my dad was strict cos my kids talk back to me and even beat me up!

LOL this brings back the 80's.. i remember it.. well i remember never having the gas.. lol.. i always remember bringin it down from off the top of the cupboard to clean. the rents would pull everything out of the kitchen and clean everything.. once a year..

soda stream.. lol we're getting old..

i had one with the cream soda mix but never got a replacement gas as my mum said they were too dear

They were supposed to be a way to make cheap lemonade but they cost a bomb for the gas and extras.

Jaffa, do you know of the Alpine man? Back in the 70s, when I was a wee lad, coke and lemonade used to be delivered and old bottles picked up. All I remember was it being from Alpine hence the Alpine man.
Got Dandelion and Burdock once instead of coke (by mistake of course), worst drink ever!

You were supposed to press the button once for the gas, I wonder how many people were like me and pressed it about 3 times....the bloomin thing shot out your nose it was that fizzy...lol

Jaffa, do you know of the Alpine man? Back in the 70s, when I was a wee lad, coke and lemonade used to be delivered and old bottles picked up. All I remember was it being from Alpine hence the Alpine man.
Got Dandelion and Burdock once instead of coke (by mistake of course), worst drink ever!

The alpine man was a C&C man over here and another supplier who I can't remember, used to get 8 bottles and Sasparilla was a must...lol

who remembers the ad "Get busy with the fizzy.....sodastream" ?

My parents had one.......and yeah I remember the gas was expensive.
I thought the one we had you had to press the button three short blasts for the gas....I done it about 10 times and when I released the bottle it went everywhere :Hit:

This just gets better.. we used to get 5 bottles for a few quid.. i loved the dandelion it was fit..

Who remembers collecting old bottles and taking them to the shop and get your 2p back?? you could get £1 in a week.. and buy loads of sweets..

I miss being a kid.. make me a kid again just leave the school bit out..

My parents had one.......and yeah I remember the gas was expensive.
I thought the one we had you had to press the button three short blasts for the gas....I done it about 10 times and when I released the bottle it went everywhere :Hit:

Talking about gas, I remember the gas and air in the hospital. When the nurse popped out, I took a little. Man it was good :) My wife thought I was crazy!

they still make them :)

www.sodastream.co.uk/

also for thoses who dont know

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFeV0CbvHG8]YouTube - SodaStream UK commercial - July 1980[/ame]

who remembers the ad "Get busy with the fizzy.....sodastream" ?

Thats put a smile on my face.

Soda stream - crappy tasting pop and gas canisters that were too pricey so you just put it away in the back of a cupboard and got back in with the "ALPINE" man with his pop van.

His dandelion and burdock was great but the cola was that bad it made your teeth go squeaky!

JB.

Back