Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Yes - they were pants

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • No - never owned one

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I am too young - wtf is a soda stream

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters
This just gets better.. we used to get 5 bottles for a few quid.. i loved the dandelion it was fit..

Who remembers collecting old bottles and taking them to the shop and get your 2p back?? you could get £1 in a week.. and buy loads of sweets..

I miss being a kid.. make me a kid again just leave the school bit out..

the shopkeeper used to put the bottles that we`d taken back in crates in their back yard we would then jump over the wall pinch em and take em back again, went on for months lol...im sure they were corona ? my mates dad was alpine man for years. always wanted a soda stream when i was a kid, again we were to poor lol.

i remember my mum used to get the 1 gallon syrups made by Barrs thats was much better stuff .
I think i have to buy one now

I too was part of the Alpine generation, my Grandad used to get in 4 bottles a week for us kids, especially liked the lime one, one of there warehouses was 10mins from our old house and got robbed by kids constantly.

Sarsaparilla takes me back! My Uncle used to buy it, think it was a cordial and made by Vimto, don't think they still do it but was a rather refreshing beverage.

My mates family had one, we were too poor to purchase one. But they were pretty shit from what I remember.

We used to have one used to buy the gas from boots.If you live in South London you can still get Sasperella at East Street Market.Anyone remember the Party Seven Cans,i had the tap where you put little green bottles of gas in to to keep the bitter fresh and gassy.

We had one and yes they were pants, nothing tasted remotely what is supposed to taste like lol

The cola flavour one was the worst from what I remember .. nasty :Laugh:

yeah we had one when we were kids it had the thin cola bottle type glass bottles with a spiral bevel going round the botlle.

You had to pres the gas untill it made that farting sound then it was ready take it out and then add your concentrate.

We had one of the inline ones with plastic bottles up untill about a year or 2 ago in this house but it was the same story the gas was too expensive even though the concentrate worked out cheaper than pre bottled.

My mate still has a soda stream. He says he still gets gas cannisters out of ASDA.

i still got mine sumwhere the only reason i dont use it is i carnt get the re-fills anymore

i got really ill one day i remember by drinking the concentrate pure i had about half a bottle b4 i throw up everywhere,got to say i d had about 15 pints b4 hand lol

Jaffa, do you know of the Alpine man? Back in the 70s, when I was a wee lad, coke and lemonade used to be delivered and old bottles picked up. All I remember was it being from Alpine hence the Alpine man.
Got Dandelion and Burdock once instead of coke (by mistake of course), worst drink ever!

they did an awsome mixed fruit drink though. every thursday in our area.
all waiting for the big green open back truck..

i didnt like them as got big family and when itr was my turn the gas ran out

my dad had one.....the one with gas refills , don't know what ever happened to it......

regards to alpine delivers......i think the other one jaffa was on about was called something like.........bil-co or something like that ....lol

Back