D-Link Mobile Router

Have you tried making a DUN via windows and bypassing VMC entirely? You will need to make sure your using the correct APN which will need to be changed in the extra initialisation string (at+cgdcont=1,"IP","apnname here") which Jebelious has already pointed out for you.

Go to Start > Control Panel
Double Click on Phone and Modem Options (Fill in the location info if it asks)
Click the Modems Tab
Highlight the Huwaei Modem and click Properties
Click the Advanced Tab and type in the following where it asks for an extra initialisation command: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet"
Press OK and then OK again
In the Control Panel double click on Network Connections
Click on Create New Connection/New Connection Wizard
Choose Connect to the Internet and press Next
Choose Setup My Connection Manually and press Next
Choose Connect Using a Dial-Up Modem and press Next
Type in Vodafone when it asks for an ISP name and press Next
The phone number needs to be *99#, press Next
Username and Password and both web press Next and then create the connection.

will that not just confirm that you can get on the net via the simm plugged into the dongle into the laptop as you plugging it into the back of the dlink were trying to get the dlink to fire up with it connected to give internet access to the router direct? I think that's just for bypassing the dongle and the software that comes with it for connecting to the internet?

mmm, clutching at straws a little now then I must admit, what about a restart with the dongle in the USB slot of the router?

I've got the dongle and I've played with them a little but I've never had me hands on a router that has the USB device on the back, well I do, we have 2 at work but never used the USB with attached dongle and simm for network connections....just seems like were nearly there then, if you can connect when you have the simm attached to the laptop then I can't see why we can't get the router to go with it plugged in the back of it, all the reading and that I've done on your router is very faint, not a lot on it. (have you had a look under lan etc on the router to see if it's getting an IP address?)

I've connected wirelessly to the pc via bluetooth and nokia pc suite for the connection, been thinking of another way....mmmmmmm

How ever there's always the support page of the router it's self, might have to bite the bullet and have a post over there. dang it! hate getting beat!

Had thought of a couple of bridges and that set up but that would then cost more and not to mention the laptop apart from a USB stick hanging out of it there would also be a router on the end of it. (we'll try not go down that route me thinks!)

Last edited:
Back