D-Link Mobile Router

with ya, is it like this you have in the settings?

choices.png

Ok, was looking at some thing else, I'll have another look.

DIR-451_diagram.jpg

Have you got a pin code on the Simm? try that where it asks for pin code.

And then in the AP name internet.........

like this maybe? (Try it maybe with out changing the dial number? where did that come from or was that already filled in?)

Pin Code: <your sim's pin>
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server name: <blank>
Dial number: *99***1#
Authentication Protocol: Auto(PAP + CHAP)
APN: internet

Just having a read for ya mate see what we can come up with. (attached is version 1.3...not sure what yours is)

Page 14 looks like it's the fella, just have to find the settings for you....i'm with Vodafone (unfortunately!) i'll see what's in my phone bud.

Attachments

• document.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 2
careful won't ya! turn off all them firewalls and virus checkers etc before flashing the firmware man. (is it not worth having a go at the dial settings before flashing, you know if it ain't broken and all that)

1. Make sure you connect the D-Link DIR-451 3G router using a cable directly to your PC (never do the upgrade over the Wireless).
2. Take the 3G card off from the D-Link DIR-451 3G router.
3. Access your D-Link DIR-451 3G router from your browser. The default address is 192.168.0.1
4. Enter Username and Password. Defaults are admin/admin
5. Click on Tools then Firmware on the left hand side menu6. The D-Link DIR-451 3G router will show you the current information of your firmware. Click on Browse and select the firmware file that you have just downloaded. (Make sure you unzip it once it is downloaded)
7. Wait till it is updated and double check that the new firmware info is now showing (you need to log in again).
8. Disconnect, take the cable away, insert your 3G Card, connect and enjoy.

APN name on my phone is "internet" if that helps mate...then maybe just the code that you need to change, the dial code?

Last edited:
Just been reading matey...

DIR-451
Compatible Mobile Networks
UMTS/HSDPA
Compatible Internet PC Cards
UMTS
+ Option Wireless 3G+ / Fusion+ + Novatel Wireless Merlin U530
+ Option Wireless GT Fusion + Novatel Wireless Merlin U730
+ Option Wireless GT 3G Quad + ZTE MF320
+ Option Wireless GT Quad + Huawei E612
+ Sierra Wireless AirCard 860 + Huawei E600
+ Sierra Wireless AirCard 875
HSDPA
+ Option GT Max + Sierra Wireelss AirCard 850 + Huawei E220 (USB)
+ Option GT 3G+ / Fusion+ + Sierra Wireelss AirCard 860 + Huawei E620
+ Option GT Fusion+ EMEA + Novatel Wireless Merlin U730 + Hwawei E630
+ Option GT Fusion+ HSDPA + Novatel Wireless Merlin U740 + Bandlux C100
+ Option GT MAX 7.2 GX201 + Novatel Merlin XU870 + Vodafone GT MAX GX0201
+ Option GT 3G+ + HSDPA USB Module + Vodadone Qualcomm 3G
+ Option GI 0201 + T-Mobile Globe Trotter 3G MAX + Sierra Wireless AirCard 865
+ Option GX 0201 + Sierra Wireelss AirCard 87

...one last thing before i head for the hay, could you not connect your mobile to your laptop via a Bluetooth USB adaptor and then connect the "said" device using one of them USB devices (in the pm) by then sharing your wireless connection to it from the laptop which is connected to your phone if that makes sense. (urm reading that back i think said device might want to connect to the router rather than blue tooth!....)

Reason i say that for is that if I have a Bluetooth connection to my PC then I can use my Phone's modem to connect to the net......... I'll sleep on that one!

peace.

I've made a post over at the shitty Vodafone forum, I'll wait to hear back from them on what to do, but I won't hold my breath......

[h=5]Monthly / Business[/h]Contract Internet
APN: Internet
Username: web
Password: web
This is our default pay monthly customer APN for general internet use, and should be the default for any non-Vodafone service (such as Google Maps, for example).
What it's used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse the web, connect to or send email from your mobile's built-in email inbox.
What it's not used for: You cannot connect to Vodafone's My web through this APN (use Contract WAP, see below)
Contract WAPAPN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
This is our default pay monthly customer APN for Vodafone live! and live!-based services.
What it's used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse Vodafone's My web, or use any Vodafone My web service, such as Mobile TV.
What it's not used for: You cannot access or send email from device-based email clients (such as Outlook Mobile, or a generic Messages inbox), nor will non-Vodafone internet-based applications work through this APN. For those, please use the Contract Internet APN

[h=5]Monthly / Business[/h]Contract InternetAPN: Internet
This is our default pay monthly customer APN for general internet use, and should be the default for any non-Vodafone service (such as Google Maps, for example).
What it's used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse the web, connect to or send email from your mobile's built-in email inbox.
What it's not used for: You cannot connect to Vodafone's My web through this APN (use Contract WAP, see below)
Contract WAP
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
This is our default pay monthly customer APN for Vodafone live! and live!-based services.
What it's used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse Vodafone's My web, or use any Vodafone My web service, such as Mobile TV.
What it's not used for: You cannot access or send email from device-based email clients (such as Outlook Mobile, or a generic Messages inbox), nor will non-Vodafone internet-based applications work through this APN. For those, please use the Contract Internet APN.

[h=5]Pay as you go[/h]PAYT InternetAPN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
This is our default pay as you go customer APN for general internet use, and should be the default for any non-Vodafone service (such as Google Maps, for example).
What it's not used for: You cannot connect to Vodafone My web through this APN (use PAYT WAP below).
PAYT WAP
APN: pp.vodafone.co.uk
This is our default pay as you go customer APN for Vodafone My web and its services.
What it's used for: Go through this portal if you want to browse Vodafone My web, or use any Vodafone My web service, such as Mobile TV.
What it's not used for: You cannot access or send email from device-based email clients (such as Outlook Mobile, or a generic Messages inbox), nor will non-Vodafone internet-based applications work through this APN. For those please use the PAYT Internet APN.

Last edited:
Cheers mate I'll have another go at this today, gave up last night and went out on lash lol, Hey I flashed firmware to 1.03 all went well but when you goto location you now only get canada and usa lol and I'm not moving house.

I'll have to dig for a uk firmware perhaps ?

most of the threads all talk about them
Huawei E220 dongles...what kind of dongle have you got for the wi-fi....?

lol......urm, not sure now mate, *thinking* is it the one that they supply, it''s not a un-locked one or any thing?

What's the model number.

Back