Connecting Zgemma S2 through 4G

morts52

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone connected their Zgemma S2 from the 4G signal on their mobile phone ?
I have wi fi in my caravan but it is very intermittent, I am hoping to connect my box with some kind of dongle or router/modem which will allow connection from my 4G signal on my mobile phone.
I have downloaded the ralink wi fi drivers to my box and have been looking at one of these :
Superview (R) WiFi Dongle Adapter for Zgemma H2S 2S S H2H: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics .
Any help would be appreciated.....:Doc:

Hi Ferret, could you recommend an O2 4g router/dongle to work with this setup and would the wi fi dongle adapter mentioned above be suitable.
Cheers

Hi Ferret, could you recommend an O2 4g router/dongle to work with this setup and would the wi fi dongle adapter mentioned above be suitable.
Cheers

Only one ive ever setup was a D-Link DWR-921 it worked very well but was expensive. There are far cheaper option ive just no experience of them.

I have achieved this using a ee 4g wifi osprey 2 mini
I subscribed to the £1 a week 100mb package which is enough to clear the channels and do a once a week EPG update
I also used a SKY wifi to Ethernet adapter which i configured on my PC and then connected to the Ethernet socket on the Zgemma
This has been working well for many months using mgcamd protocol

Can you not just install a standard wifi dongle on the zgemma and tether a smartphone to the box.

I have tested this b4 with a £5 skybox dongle and an iphone4 tethered, this was using an amiko t2/c on a catv connection and it worked perfectly..however i,m not sure about the zgemma and if it uses sky as with different platforms/ecm times latency could be an issue but worth a shot i think and saves buying another wifi dongle.

Can you not just install a standard wifi dongle on the zgemma and tether a smartphone to the box.

I have tested this b4 with a £5 skybox dongle and an iphone4 tethered, this was using an amiko t2/c on a catv connection and it worked perfectly..however i,m not sure about the zgemma and if it uses sky as with different platforms/ecm times latency could be an issue but worth a shot i think and saves buying another wifi dongle.

OP is in a caravan mate with just 4g for internet.

Thats what i was meaning tho mate, when i tested this i was using 3G from an iphone 4 :)

Back