cw funs down?

So long ago that i'd completely forgotten about it. tbh, i'm suprised the current code has survived for so long without this particular bug popping up.
lol, damn.

has it got anything to do with stacks and PDA's? lol. just learnt all of that so could make myself useful :)

So i take it that even you couldnt figure out how to fix the bug without affecting the rest of the EMME decryption, right? Or isi t something wrong with virgin media's side?

should work okay can't see any problem with it

michael
Hi Michael,

Thanks for this, did you come up with the fix yourself?

Also do you know anyone that has tried it and got it working? Seems like rooney has tried and it hasn't worked?

I won't be able to try it until later this evening, but I'll give it a go then.

Cheers

So assuming it is a 'missed' keyroll ( as predicted by myself at the beginning of this thread) :proud:. Does anyone know how often on average the keys have been rolling of late??

sorry lads forgot to put the new decrypt keys in ......lol.

should work now as said could not test

michael

Last edited:
sorry lads forgot to put the new decrypt keys in ......lol.

should work now as said could not test

michael

10 min still no joy

have to go out so i will leave on

back in 2 hours

mine just came on, worked for about 5 seconds and then froze! changed channel and nothing changed back now to s@y sp1 and gone blank again!

So i take it that even you couldnt figure out how to fix the bug without affecting the rest of the EMME decryption, right? Or isi t something wrong with virgin media's side?

It was fixed long ago in various hexes but for some reason its never percolated into the present public source code. Several of the previous generation hexes had the fix though.

Its a relatively simple fix but if you want to have a chance with it then you need to be thinking about conditional breakpoints and single stepping in an emulation environment (hint AVRStudio). You also need to know what results you should be expecting at each and every stage of the Emm decryption algorithm so you can narrow down the area of interest and fathom out whats going on.

I'm deliberately not going to give you this on a plate - its a nice little problem for you to solve.

yeah it was with redfeck file the second one posted. not come back on again yet though

It was fixed long ago in various hexes but for some reason its never percolated into the present public source code. Several of the previous generation hexes had the fix though.

Its a relatively simple fix but if you want to have a chance with it then you need to be thinking about conditional breakpoints and single stepping in an emulation environment (hint AVRStudio). You also need to know what results you should be expecting at each and every stage of the Emm decryption algorithm so you can narrow down the area of interest and fathom out whats going on.

I'm deliberately not going to give you this on a plate - its a nice little problem for you to solve.

@ nozzer have u got the emm for cw rom 10. as i cant try , it should be working as i fixed it in my own code at the time it last happen .so cant see why it wont work now but cant try
it .

michael

I am convinced there are 2 problems here

1) Maths bug
2) TP failure

If anyone is going to try michael's fix then please try in on Channel LIVING (110)

ahh ok, starting to make more sense. so there is something we can do to compensate for this little bug?

i take it i have to first of all do the atmega challenge and then learn how to work with emms in avrstudio?

Back